It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why did jesus say this

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
in the bible jesus said to call no one on earth father for you have but one father and he is in heaven.

he also said to pray to your father in secret and your father hears you in secret.

but he also said no one comes to the father except through me.

why did he tell us to pray to the father in secret if no one comes to the father except through jesus?
And why is every pastor or priest called father when the bible clearly said this?
edit on 28-7-2016 by Belcastro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Belcastro
in the bible jesus said to call no one on earth father for you have but one father and he is in heaven.

but he also said no one comes to the father except through me.

why did he tell us to pray to the father in secret if no one comes to the father except through jesus?

Because Jesus wanted a monopoly.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Belcastro I think Jesus wants your prayers to him to be private... with no need to prove your faith in him to anyone other than him.... his father is God and through grace alone...are we reborn.
God, shouldn't be confused with earthen parenting... or sins of your parents.
Priests are supposed to have concord worldly and earthen desires (moved beyond the need for sex) yet are human too in the comfort of a union with an other half(relationship, holy union) and are not God yet they are in reflection of Holy unions...without Earthly or worldly wants and needs(seven sins) so far that I gather here on earth as a human being, myself.
Suffering is not always necessary to deny the offerings of this Planet we are on... health in food and eating food and drinking water is good... that is why we thank the Lord in Jesus's name for the blessing of provisions on the table.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Belcastro

because oxymorons weren't obvious 6000 years ago.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Praying to the Father through Jesus ("in my name") can easily be secret from everybody else. No conflict.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler cool, because that is a fun game for family and friends.
Yes, he wants all to join his church.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz lets... Discuss Egypt then..just kidding,
What us an oxymoron?
Edit~what is an oxy moron?

edit on 28-7-2016 by peppycat because: auto correct

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Oxy moron...Hillary Clinton is truthful...LOLa reply to: peppycat

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

He did THE FATHER'S will.

Beside . . . you ever wanted to ride in a car with two active drivers competing for control?

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Pastors are never referred to as fathers..

only priests. catholic priests are referred to as fathers.. the attempt is to denote a spiritual father, which likewise points then to the greater spiritual father which would be naturally Dieu, Dio, or in english God..

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: peppycat
a reply to: schuyler cool, because that is a fun game for family and friends.
Yes, he wants all to join his church.

It's worse than that. He's claiming the ONLY way to heaven, redemption, etc. is THROUGH HIM. No one else can provide that. You either believe in him or you go to hell.

In other words, a monopoly.

It's no different than claiming Allah is the one true god. These guys don't like competition. And as far as I'm concerned, it's false advertising. These guys are nuts.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

?

can you tell me where in the bible this is located..

the difference between a carnal or biological father and a spiritual father

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler The lord of the underworld must be tearing his hair out at the craziness of it all!
Allah, who is that? God..? Who is he? No women in heaven or what?
When I see Jesus, I'll ask him why he doesn't have a mom...i'm curios to know ...oh his mom is from earth, a human being!.. and her name means bitter... wonder why she is bitter?

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: tony9802
The OP is making an issue out of Matthew ch23 v9.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

a reply to: schuyler The lord of the underworld must be tearing his hair out at the craziness of it all!

No. He's laughing.

Allah, who is that? God..? Who is he? No women in heaven or what?

Huh?

When I see Jesus, I'll ask him why he doesn't have a mom...i'm curios to know ...oh his mom is from earth, a human being!.. and her name means bitter... wonder why she is bitter?

Really? I thought his mom was Mary. Nice gal, probably 14 or so at the time of his birth. She was betrothed to Joseph, who found out she was already pregnant. She said, "God did it!" and he decided to go along with it. Clever girl! Don't know why she is bitter, either. After all, she managed to pull it off.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN
a reply to: schuyler

Beside . . . you ever wanted to ride in a car with two active drivers competing for control?

Time to get two separate cars.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler Mary=bitter...she conceived through the immaculate conception... which translates to No repulsive rude intimate behaviors of men/mankind...from why I gather..
The old debate... who is more wicked in nature...ways of men or ways of women?
Islamic teachings I have gathered, say women stay covered with holy clothing because men are so easily tempted by the physical beauty and cannot contain or subdue their primal instincts.
And of course women are all goldigging and super experienced in intimate behavior... so who is better than who...
When conception is without sin?
I feel like this is a fox chasing his own tail and I'm done... my mind is too frazzled,
Thanks for replying,
Have a good day.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   

I come from a heritage which is clouded in mystery and very seldom talked about openly in society;

In the culture you always pronouce your father by his clan name, not father.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Because Jesus is Lucifer

However, the Latin word never came to be used almost exclusively, as in English, in this way, and was applied to others also, including Jesus.

The bringer of light, or dawn. wiki
It's complicated.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   

a reply to: schuyler Mary=bitter...she conceived through the immaculate conception... which translates to No repulsive rude intimate behaviors of men/mankind...from why I gather.

Ah! OK! So she was bitter because she didn't actually get laid. You see, I'm thinkin' it was a bit of a ruse. You know, if her father found out, or Joseph, there would be hell to pay. It's what we call a "Hail Mary Pass" and it worked all too well.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join