It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Average age of gamer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Hi gamers
What is your age?
I've heard that the average age of gamers is 29.
I'm 33 and plan to keep playing till I can't any more.
I've got an Xbox and plan to keep on getting the next generation consoles.
Not so acording to my wife

So is there such a thing as "to old to play video games" ?
Let me know your views....thanks

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 12:04 PM
link   
That's what brought the Pilgrims to the new land. Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of happy gaming.

I'm 33 as well, and still enjoy playing games. Tell a guy he's too old to play games is like telling a woman she's too old go go shopping for clothes. It's what we like to do, and that doesn't change with age. The trick is playing enough to enjoy it, while not playing too much to annoy the wife. Your best ally in this war is your children. "But honey, the kids really need the lastest gaming console so they fit in with the other kids at school".

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I'm 17 and a avid player on my xbox

gamertag: berserker101

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I'm 30 and have been heavily into video games since the Atari 2600 and Intelevision were released.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Well I'm 14 and I've loved video games for over half my life now. And believe it or not, my goal in life is to be a successful video game designer. You're never too old for video games, too young is a different story. I'll be playing video games till the day I die.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I'm 26. I've been gaming since about '86. The only new games I really want to play are the Final Fantasy games. Seems I don't have much time for today's games. I do play lots of snes roms

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 09:39 PM
link   
i am 20

i have played games since i was 9. it started with the old Sega MasterSystem, then the Mega Drive, then Playstation. finally, today, its an unhealthy mix of PC RPGs and Tacticals, and PS2 Racing, Beat-em-ups and Shoot-em-ups

you are never too old for computer games!

new topics

top topics

join