It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Horror Story

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Hi I am not a proffessional writer but I though I would have a go at a horror story. Excuse the lack of detail and character developement. The full story has to be chopped for short adaption;

They began with early prayers, thanking the lord for the gracious bounty they were about to recieve, for family, for friends and for their wonderful home.
After breakfast the children were told to get ready for home studies and the adults prepeared for the day of labour ahead. Bill was another of the community and as he went towards a closet to grab his boots he saw Little billy (of the same name), billy was one of Joes kids. he walked out the front door. Billy did'nt mind he would catch right up to him after he put his last boot on. As the door swung open then shut he heard approaching footsteps moving in rapid succession, many in fact. In the background he now realised the faint sound of helicopter blades and the shouting of people. He quickly finished off putting on his boots and called joe. Joe came runnning to bill "Whats wrong" he said "Out there Joe can you hear it".
Joe opened the door to find many armed men on his front yard, using the community vehicles as cover. Billy was trapped between one of the gunmen and the wall of the house, just in front of a window. In his quick glance Joe saw alot of vehicles, several helicopters and many more men with guns lined up as though prepeared for a war. "What do you want" he shouted gesturing to billy "Theres women and children here" as the first men began to fire. The bullets hit the door and it kicked causing him to fall backwards into the hall. Daniel, another member of the community had heard the commotion along with several others. As he was closest he pushed the door shut and dragged Bill away just as several more shots splintered the wood. Joe was fine but some of the bullets has hit another member called jerry, he had recieved fatal wounds. "We have children and women here don't shoot" joe repeated turning to the others "Get the women to safety they killed billy, they killed my boy". Billy was never seen alive again.

The gunfire seemed to have ceased and the first thing Joe did was call 911 "Help" he said panicking "There are people, men, 75 men, on my lawn, around my house, they have fired shots I can't see my Kid, my kids out there, they killed him, I cant see him". "Hold on sir" they said "Let me radio dispatch". The others had begun to move the children to what they hoped were safer places within the large compound. The children were terrified. Mothers nursing infants were also moved away from the front of the compound. Joe was still in contact with the 911 operator "Please we don't want to cause any trouble we don't understand what is going on". "Sir they are there to execute a warrant hold on"
Gun fire erupted again and the family huddled. The men begin to move themselves away from the front, gathering guns and hunkering down. The women and children had already situated themselves elsewhere for the most part.

The family were scared, the children terrified but safe, for now. They had split up into different rooms to avoid being clustered. Some of the smaller rooms were further back, some higher, and therefore safer. Outside they could here more gunfire, from further away as though the attackers seen earlier a short distance away had begun firing. The cries of the dogs being shot down like practise targets reached the ears of those close enough. A pit of ever expanding sadness grew even bigger.

The gunfire continued, this time tearing through the house. Mothers grabbed children forcing them under beds, behind cabinets, anything to protect them. Fear weighed heavy in the air. Pure terror, the air was rank with it. A few of the men fired back but it was'nt much use. These "enforcers" were amoured for war.

A truce was called and Joe began to speak to a "negotiator". They made no ground. During the last call with the negotiator, Joe was told they must remain inside, that they must comply with this or their electricity would be cut. 30 minutes later the electric went out, everything went black

Over the next month and a half the adults and children were subjected to light tortures, to sounds made to make a person feel Ill and give them headaches. They were denied food and other basic necessities. They could'nt shower, they could'nt sleep. The adults suffered. The children suffered worse. The sounds brought them to tears every night. The constant UV light shows stopped them from sleeping. They were sick, ill and in pain.

Finally the truce was broken

Sarah was in the tower when she had first heard helicopters and bullet fire. Against her breast was an infant feeding aswell as 2 other children, one of which was hers. She peaked out the window and leapt backwards when she saw what appeared to be a concentrated warzone below. Armoured vehicles, Helicopters and atleast 60 armed men paraded outside.
The sound of the blades could be heard in the distant. She hoped she was safe in the tall tower but a pit of vipers formed in her stomach when she heard the blades seemingly getting closer. She began to sweat, telling herself the helicopter was passing over. The mother gathered the breast feeding infant with one arm using the other to pull the older ones closer, against her legs. The helicopter had become loud, very loud, as though hovering above th-. Bullets tore through the roof of the tower, all sarah felt as she watch her body,her child and her baby ripped apart by machine gun fire was a cold empty feeling of rage and sadness. The pain was nonexistent. The one child who survived this nightmare would go on to draw. Her drawings would be of helicopters, towers and bullets.

Joe called 911. This is what he said. |Joe: "Other choppers with more people and more guns going off here they come" |911: Alright, Wayne... |Joe: were not firing, thats not us thats them!" ||911; Ok,alright |Joe: "no no no no no let me tell you something" |911 "yes sir" |Joe: "you see, you brought your bunch of guys here and you killed some of my children we told you we wanted to talk."

The next day Gas was fired into the building. Concentrated gas banned in unopen spaces. The children again, suffered most. There tears ran red, Eyes swelled, skin itched. The children could'nt help but scratch and enflame. They were kids, they did'nt understand. Terrified, hungry, cold and in pain.
This gassing went on whilst the community were subjected to painful agonising toture. Then the day took a turn for the worse.

Tanks had begun to clear a zone around the community house. Clearing a "fire trail" I believe the technicall term is. They begun to target the back of the community, flame throwers attached to the tanks begun to douse the house in flame. It was housing made of board, not bricks, it began to burn and it began to burn fast. As the tanks completed there circuit of the back one started on the right side of the right corner of the front of the house. As the tank pushed its red hot barrel into the side of the structure to spray the flame the operator saw a man become pieced, stuck to the end of the barrel. With two trys the operator managed to scrap the charred, burning embers of the man off and carry on with his duty. The sounds of gun fire rang out. No one knows exactly when the community begin to flee the building, but we do know, most of them did'nt get far... But how far can a 1, 2 or 3 year old get anyway? The end of the community.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: WhatGoldStandard

Brutal.

Is this story set in Texas?

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird
a reply to: WhatGoldStandard

Brutal.

Is this story set in Texas?

It almost has to be.