It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World's Worst Predictions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2003 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I thought you might enjoy reading these, some are pretty funny.

"Landing and moving around the moon offers so many serious problems for human beings that it may take science another 200 years to lick them" - Science Digest, 1948.

"Airplanes are interesting toys but of no military value" - Marechal Ferdinand Foch, French professor of military strategy.

"Everything that can be invented has been invented" - Charles Duell, Commissioner of US Patents, 1899.

"640K ought to be enough for anybody" - Bill Gates, 1981.

"I dont need bodyguards" - Jimmy Hoffa right before he disappeared, 7/30/75

"100 million is way too much to pay for Microsoft" - IBM, 1982.

"By 2000, more than 1,000 people will live and work on the moon, according to NASA predictions" - Omni Future Almanac, 1982,

"I dont think we should be so timid to say that at the end of the century, we're going to put a man on Mars; somebody's going to do it." - VP Spiro Agnew, 1969.

"Families will soon own helicopters instead of cars" - Life magazine, 1969.

"I see no advantage to the graphical user interface" - Bill Gates, 1984.

"By 2000, the machines will be producing so much that everyone in the U.S. will, in effect, be independently wealthy" - Time magazine, 1966.

"The housewife of 2000 can do her daily cleaning with a garden hose. Why not? Thanks to plastics, everything is waterproof" - Popular Mechanics, 1950.

"Who the hell wants to hear actors talk?" - HM Warner, Warner Bro's, 1927.

"We dont need you, you haven't got through college yet" - Hewlett Packard's rejection of Steve Jobs, who went on to found Apple computers.

"We could use up all the proven reserves of oil in the entire world by the end of the next decade" - President Jimmy Carter, 1972.

channels.netscape.com...

Really makes you wonder what things are being said this day in age that will make people chuckle years from now. There seems to be no limit to what technology has to offer.

**Anybody care to make any predictions about the world in this thread, then we can pull it up years from now and see how accurate we were.

posted on Jun, 19 2003 @ 03:50 PM
link   

I like the one Bill Gates said......

regards
seekerof

posted on Jun, 19 2003 @ 03:52 PM
link   
'We found the weapons of mass destruction!"-George W. Bush (Bush speaking of the trailers found, claiming them to be the proof of WMD's were identified as equipment used to produce hydrogen for artillery weather balloons.)

So much for that prediction.

[Edited on 19-6-2003 by Thorfinn Skullsplitter]

posted on Jun, 19 2003 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Personally i'm waiting for july 4th so we can see the antichrist not appear and we can all have a good long laugh at mr wannabe-jesus

posted on Jun, 19 2003 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Don Rumsfeld

paraphrase ' I guantee they will be waving flags and coming out to greet us' or somthing very similar

tut tut

posted on Jun, 20 2003 @ 02:26 PM
link   
"Television wont be able to hold on to any market it captures after the first six months. People will soon get tired of staring at a plywood box every night." - Darryl Zanuck, 20th CenturyFox, 1946.

"We will bury you!" - Nikita Kruschev, Soviet premier, predicting that Soviet communism would win over U.S. capitalism, 1958.

"I cannot imagine any situation that would cause this ship to founder." - Capt. EJ Smith of the Titanic, 1906.

"The world potential market for copying machines is 5,000 at most." - IBM to the founders of Xerox, 1959.

This might be the dumbest:

"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home." - Ken Olson, founder of Digital Equipment Corp., 1977.

Anyone care to make a prediction or two ?????

posted on Jun, 20 2003 @ 02:32 PM
link   
1. By 2010, the alien secret will be out of the bag.
2. Amazingly, I see no other candidate that will win over GWB.
3. Before 2020, we will see a battlefield use of nuclear weapons.
4. By 2050, we should have a commercially viable antigravity propulsion system.
5. Before 2050, we should have permanent bases on the moon and Mars.

posted on Jun, 20 2003 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Ok, lets see if the force is with me.

1. By 2070 we will colonize Mars.
2. During the year 2027 the Goverment will tell us the truth about aliens.
3. In 2010 WWIII will start.
4. Before 2050 we will colonize the Moon.
5. Before 2015 a nuclear weapon will be used.
6. War will start with N.Korea after 2005.

top topics

join