It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bernie Sanders Leaves the Democratic Party

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Looks like Sanders is going back to being an Independent. Appears the DNC didn't want him anyway considering what Wasserman Shultz said and did.

heatst.com...

By Emily Zanotti | 5:41 pm, July 27, 2016

Wasserman Schultz voiced in the Wikileaks document dump.

In an April 24 email she received with an article describing the ways Sanders felt the DNC was undermining his campaign, she wrote back, “Spoken like someone who has never been a member of the Democratic Party and has no understanding of what we do.”

The nomination was barely sealed up at the Democratic National Convention before Bernie Sanders, who had campaigned against Hillary Clinton for the party’s nod, went back to being an Independent.

Sanders, who considers himself, officially, an Independent in Congress because his views lean further left than the Democratic party’s platform, caucuses with Democrats. But until declaring an intention to run for the presidency in 2015, he had rarely, if ever, identified as a member of the Democratic Party (he’s been in politics since 1979).

And now, despite pleading with his base to support Hillary, even though they’re concerned that she’s too moderate, Sanders will return to Vermont and to his seat in the Senate, and he’ll do it with no official party affiliation.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Wow...

His being a sellout is now all but concrete.

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   
And thus the Demexit begins...
By Saturday morning the dems will have lost 40% at least and they will truly be feeling the Bern.

edit on 27-7-2016 by EmmanuelGoldstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   
So then he is now a viable write-in candidate?

That would be something. With his followers, coupled with all the Hillary-Trump haters, what an upset that would be.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Sanders will return to Vermont and to his seat in the Senate, and he’ll do it with no official party affiliation.

And with over 200M bucks of campaign money.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Bernie's a waste of human flesh.

Please tell me why he told all of his supporters to back Hillary ... when he was always planning on dropping the (D) moniker behind his name?

I wonder how many people feel Berned. Ahhhhhahahahahaha!!

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: smirkley
So then he is now a viable write-in candidate?

He was always a viable write in, just like anyone else you want to write in, like say, DBCowboy for instance.

DB for President! If America is gonna get whipped, let a pro do it.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Will Bernie be selling tickets to His Castration Expo? Who would've thought Bernie would go further than Caitlyn Jenner?

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

He returns to his senate seat, where he was elected as an Independent. So, I think the seat itself remains Independent. There is nothing in the article to show any official paperwork he has filled out to 'change'.

edit on 27-7-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
So, I think the seat itself remains Independent.

You can change your party affiliation at anytime.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn
well, he`s old he needed a nice little retirement nest egg.I wonder how much more he got under the table for endorsing hillary?

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: smirkley

yes. wouldnt it be nuts if the news started reporting that a record number of write ins was turning up with his name in the early voting and absentee ballots, and then show double digit votes on nov 1st??

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Those Bernie supporters are certainly feeling that Bern now!

The average donation to the Bernie Campaign was 26 bucks or so. That means that for 26 bucks his supporters got a cheap education on how the Democratic party works.

EDIT:

The rest of us already knew it and didn't have to give anyone money to figure it out.

edit on 27 7 16 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesungod
Wow...

His being a sellout is now all but concrete.

Starring Matthew McConnaughey as Sanders.

I know I've used this clip before, but it is so perfect this situation.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Does this mean the States has a chance?

What happened to this two party system?

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Unity!

Or at least the newspeak democrat definition of unity.
edit on 27-7-2016 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I just spit out and spilled a very expensive beer.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

That clip is money for all situations.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   

This is what Sanders endorsed TWICE.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

He had to try something. In his case, he knew full well that just because he told them to support Clinton doesn't mean they actually will.

I'm not familiar with protocol when it comes to politics, but he probably signed something early on or kept his promise that if in the event there was no way he was going to make it, he would support Clinton; in his mind, it was probably better to endorse someone that has a .1% mutual belief system than the person with 0% .

Plus, as awesome as it would be to see him at say "Jill for president y'all" and mic-drop at the DNC, he looked like every time he told them to support her there was a bit of teeth-grinding going on.

In short: He actually did set out and accomplish what he intended: He challenged a corrupt politician, created a force of users that now might vote for a better candidate, showed how corrupt our political system was (even though most of us on ATS knew that already), and waited till his state was the last state before signing it over. Finally, he kept his word that he would endorse Clinton if he didn't have the needed numbers.

-fossilera

top topics

<<   2 >>

join