It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Trump guy is growing on me.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I've never voted Republican, but I can very well see that changing this election cycle. I could probably credit at least little bit of that reasoning to this very site. I've witnessed some disturbing things said by ALL sides of the political spectrum, but by far the more liberal leaning of us have given me many more wtf moments while perusing ATS. Same could be said for any and all sites and social media outlets that I frequent.

Admittedly, you do encounter many trolls who just like to.. well.. troll these outlets. But you can also in a way pick out the postings of people who whole heartedly believe in what they are saying. Again, both sides have individuals who say things that have me shaking my head, but at least for this election cycle, the Democrat side have my head on a seemingly endless swivel.

I'm not completely sold on Trump, but some of the ideals and beliefs of those who would vote for Mrs. Clinton definitely have me interested in what he's selling.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 01:41 AM
link   
One thing I hope Trump doesn't do is continue using the terms "crooked", "Lying", etc.. It makes him look petty.

I think Donald believes in his mind that his addressing Marco Rubio and "Little Marco" and Ted Cruz as "Lying Ted", was a big reason why he defeated them. Actually, they lost because they had less appeal than Donald. In fact, calling these Senators demeaning names may have tempered the degree to which he did beat them.

Hillary carries a ton of negative baggage, ranging from health issues, to investigations, to scandals yet to be uncovered. There are enough potential landmines along her path that she could very well self-implode.

Now that things are getting serious, Donald needs to act more like a President, and less like a reality TV showbiz host. He should stay "on message" without a lot of hyperbole, like asking other countries to help him become President...IMO.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Its not an uncommon feeling OP.

Cancers tend to grow on people too.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 03:03 AM
link   
The sheer amount of misinformation about Donald Trump just in five pages of this thread, alone, is honestly scary as all Hell - on multiple levels. Most of the reasons for loving Trump, as cited here, are based totally in contrived propaganda - such as the legends of his charitable giving ( a narrative pushed by Trump himself ), his professional credentials ( narratives pushed by Trump himself ) and so forth.

I would urge those who actually care about facts to invest some time in researching the realities of these issues, and others, versus the marketing and self-promotion. I think you'll find that Trump has more in common with PT Barnum than with any historical captain of industry or political powerhouse.

I would take the time to source these things myself, but after the past seven months I've learned the painful lesson that it won't do much good - as too many people will simply shrug and say that Reuters, AP, The Washington Post, The Wall St Journal, Snopes, Politifact, etc are are universally liberally biased rags that do nothing but lie - and since I doubt that I can find a reliable and fair reporting on Drudge or Prison Planet or on some blog with a title like "PatriotInsider1776CentralAMERICA" - I'll leave it to the reader to do their own research.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 03:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: veracity
You DO know that he does not write his speeches...right? And you also know that he will say anything to get your support and vote.

What he says is not necessarily what he thinks or will do. He is very good at convincing people. This is a game to him, all he wants is to win and lying does not bother his conscious at all.

Hmmm...lets try that another way:

"You DO know that she does not write her speeches...right? And you also know that she will say anything to get your support and vote. What she says is not necessarily what he thinks or will do. She is very good at convincing people. This is a game to her, all she wants is to win and lying does not bother her conscious at all."

Now...what was your point?

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 03:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

You DO know that he does not write his speeches...right? And you also know that he will say anything to get your support and vote.

What he says is not necessarily what he thinks or will do. He is very good at convincing people. This is a game to him, all he wants is to win and lying does not bother his conscious at all.

Hmmm...lets try that another way:

"You DO know that she does not write her speeches...right? And you also know that she will say anything to get your support and vote. What she says is not necessarily what he thinks or will do. She is very good at convincing people. This is a game to her, all she wants is to win and lying does not bother her conscious at all."

Now...what was your point?

Congratulations, you just proved his point. And you didn't even mean to.

Come back when you understand why.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 04:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere
a reply to: bbarkow

Thats interesting, I got a distinctly different impression after watching the RNC.

From what I could gather, the Trump message is "vote for me because Hillary sucks" and be VERY scared of evil Brown people.

There was very little substance.

We should assume and trust that Trump will "make America great again".

How is anyone's guess.

His policies have been on his website donaldjtrump.com for over a year now.

There is substance in his policies.

As far as the brown people go I am part Hispanic and never did he criticize Hispanics, simple illegal aliens.

We don't need them, don't want them. I still have cousins in Central America I wouldn't want them to come here illegally

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 04:18 AM
link   

You do know 95% of his speeches are not written right? No teleprompter. So are you telling us they tell him what to say in his ear?

Deny ignorance is the motto, yet you tell us he doesn't come up with his own non read speeches.

You also just told us there was nothing wrong with Hilary's emails when the FBI director made it clear the entire situation was wrong.

Bury your head in the sand or lie to us all, you've done one or the other.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 05:22 AM
link   

This Trump guy is growing on me

Like a pimple or a wart?
Seriously I think the US may be better off with Trump

Then again he's related to the Lizard Queen - so I don't hold much hope

www.dailymail.co.uk... html

Royal connection! Donald Trump is distant cousin of notorious Richard III, it is revealed...and he's ALSO related to Hillary Clinton

MyHeritage.com claims that Trump and Hillary Clinton are direct descendants of the 14th century 1st Duke of Lancaster, John of Gaunt Gaunt, who died in 1399, was Richard III's great-great uncle

Therefore, the high-flying political pair are related to Shakespeare's contemptible bunch-back'd toad - as well as each other (19th cousins)

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Yea Cause anyone who has run for president has based their campaign off of what they promised during their ruin for office

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: xstealth

Speaking of lying...it's alright to lie to Congress if you're a Clinton

www.dailymail.co.uk...

The Republican chairman of a powerful congressional committee said Thursday that he will ask the FBI for a new criminal investigation into Hillary Clinton's classified email scandal, focusing on the possibility that she perjured herself in sworn testimony to Congress.

Utah Rep. Jason Chaffetz, the chairman of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, asked FBI Director James Comey whether he had cause to charge her for lying in a statement she made to Ohio Rep. Jim Jordan during a 2015 hearing on the 2012 Benghazi terror attack.

'There was nothing marked classified on my emails, either sent or received,' Clinton said at the time.
Comey said in a hearing Thursday that the FBI had not investigated whether that statement was true, despite finding three documents with classification markings among the messages on her private server.

'Not to my knowledge. I don't think there's been a [criminal] referral from Congress,' Comey said.

Asked if he needed one, Comey told Chaffetz: '[I] sure do.'

'You'll have one,' said Chaffetz. 'You'll have one in the next few hours.'

Under questioning from South Carolina Rep. Trey Gowdy, Comey agreed that 'there was classified information' on Clinton's homebrew server, and that Clinton's early denials in that regard were false.

'There was classified material emailed,' he said matter-of-factly.

Asked whether it was accurate that none of those materials were 'marked' classified when Clinton sent or received them, Comey said: 'That's not true.'

'There were a small number of portion markings on, I think, three of the documents,' he said.

Later in the hearing he was asked directly what offense lying under oath would be and what punishment it could lead to.
'Perjury,' he replied. 'Felony. I can't remember precisely... years in prison.'

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 05:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: DupontDeux

I prefer Trump more and more.

But I am not sure if I like him more and more .. or if I like him less and less and just like Hillary MORE less and less.

Trump is not my favorite candidate from the race. I see good and bad about him. I have no illusions that he will confine himself to the restrictions placed in the COTUS. For that, I think the Congress is going to have to come to terms with their powers to confine the President, FINALLY.

But I think he could make a big positive difference in the economy and bureaucracy.

So I will vote for him on election day, then go get plastered drunk.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I would love for Trump to win. Mostly because Hillary will be the death of us.... but after seeing what they did to Ron (Paul), i'm not holding my breath...

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   
There should be a way to cancel the whole thing ,to postpone the election based on the fact neither candidate is competent, nor represent true American values.
Even a threat to national security
I feel sorry for my American brothers.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: all2human
There should be a way to cancel the whole thing ,to postpone the election based on the fact neither candidate is competent, nor represent true American values.
Even a threat to national security
I feel sorry for my American brothers.

Don't take the views of people in threads like this to represent an entire country.

Most of America will be thrilled when Hilary becomes POTUS.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

You don't get to brush it off any more than Trump does. The whole tax question is going to dog him. So maybe you shouldn't belittle a valid question just because you're bro crush won't answer it.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Blazemore2000

Any lawyer will tell you not to submit tax info to anyone before an audit is complete.

Hence the audit... to get the numbers right. YOu want them released sooner? Petition the IRS.

After the flop over targetting conservative groups, I wouldn't put it past them to drag this out to make Trump look bad to impatient people like you.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

Complete and utter nonsense.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Blazemore2000

Youre a lawyer then? How is it utter nonsense?

Robert Kovacev, a Washington D.C. based attorney: “I would absolutely advise a client not to release returns under audit to the public.

Robert Mckenzie, a Chicago based attorney: “I would advise my client that there could be huge risks in releasing complex returns during an audit. Instead of having just an IRS agent review the return it now would be reviewed by thousands of tax experts.

Robert Barnes, a Los Angeles based attorney:

“I see some of my colleagues would tell their clients to release their tax returns to the public during an audit. Ask them to name a single client they actually gave that advice to. I think that would be legal malpractice, and would recommend their clients sue them if they gave that advice. I advise my clients (hundreds over the years who actually experience an IRS inquiry) to NEVER release their tax returns while an audit is going on. I am certain Mr. Trump’s lawyers, very capable and well-respected in this field, have advised him not to disclose his tax returns during the audit. There are many reasons for this.

Lester Weingarten, New York City based accountant:

“If his return is under audit, I would advise not to release it to the public as there could be an embarrassing upward adjustment or they could “bless” the return by not making any changes which would be an affirmation of the accuracy of the return (or they could make a highly unlikely downward adjustment). Either way, it would not be beneficial to release the return until all was settled.

lawnewz.com... cs/legal-experts-side-with-trump-it-would-be-totally-stupid-to-release-his-taxes-during-audit/
edit on 7292016 by Butterfinger because: quotations

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join