It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Trump guy is growing on me.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: veracity
And you also know that he will say anything to get your support and vote.

Name a politician who doesn't do that.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: torok67

Well according to political experts, Trump is taking it to new levels.
Donald Trump’s Appeal to Russia Shocks Foreign Policy Experts

“This is unprecedented — it is one of those things that seems to be genuinely new in international relations,” said Paul Musgrave, a University of Massachusetts professor who studies American foreign policy.

After a long pause, Mr. Musgrave added, “Being shocked into speechlessness is not the sort of thing you’re really used to in the business of foreign policy analysis.”

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Oh I already know he's trying to pass it off as a joke. If you'd read my post carefully, you'll note that I took note of that line of reasoning. None of that makes this an appropriate remark to say about your political opponent. Why you'd excuse a politician joking about allowing a foreign power to break the Constitution is beyond me.
edit on 28-7-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Trump grew on me too.

He didn't STEAL his nomination.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

What's beyond me is the DNC and Hillary using Trumps comment in an attempt to cover up content of emails which show collusion to usurp the DNC primary.

Trump just calls it what it is and does not sugarcoat, I like that.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phoenix
a reply to: Krazysh0t

What's beyond me is the DNC and Hillary using Trumps comment in an attempt to cover up content of emails which show collusion to usurp the DNC primary.

Trump just calls it what it is and does not sugarcoat, I like that.

Hillary does not need to use Trumps comments to cover up content of emails, there was nothing wrong with any of her emails nor the way she handled Bengahzi for that matter. Once you get over those 2 humps then maybe you will not sound so much like a whining broken record that many small-minded conservatives have turned into.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Stop projecting. I don't like Hillary or Trump.

But, Trump supporters think they can get their man to the White House with just the angry white guy vote. That isn't how elections work in 2016. Places like ATS and the_Donald show that angry white guys are loud, but the reality is that there just aren't enough of them to win the presidency.

The GOP learned that in 2008 and 2012. They said as much themselves in 2013, but seem to have forgotten in the intervening years. They'll remember in November.

You can hate what I say and hate me for saying it, doesn't make it less true.

When Hillary wins, I won't be happy because she won. I'll be happy because Trump - and more importantly his terrible, terrible supporters - lost.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Phoenix

Nothing is being covered up. Y'all are still relentlessly talking about it. Therefore it isn't leaving the public's mind one bit. So whatever you are saying here is just false and a blind accusation.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Monger

Stop projecting. I don't like Hillary or Trump.

But, Trump supporters think they can get their man to the White House with just the angry white guy vote. That isn't how elections work in 2016. Places like ATS and the_Donald show that angry white guys are loud, but the reality is that there just aren't enough of them to win the presidency.

The GOP learned that in 2008 and 2012. They said as much themselves in 2013, but seem to have forgotten in the intervening years. They'll remember in November.

You can hate what I say and hate me for saying it, doesn't make it less true.

When Hillary wins, I won't be happy because she won. I'll be happy because Trump - and more importantly his terrible, terrible supporters - lost.

Honestly, I have been pushing a third party vote for Johnson, but I am beginning to dislike Hillary more and more! Trump is beginning to look like a better option for me come November! Notice...I am not an angry loud white guy!

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Monger

Oh boy!

Well. ATS will certainly be "entertaining" come Nov 9th.
This place will be much crazier than it was in 2008 or even the apocalypse that we narrowly missed in 2012!

I can't wait.
Either way, I'm not voting for any lesser evil or kinda evil or "against her" or "against trump" vote either.

It's going to be interesting to say the least.

Who know's, I guess Trump could win but I just don't see it happening.

I think in 2016, old fashioned ideals of yesteryears will officially be declared dead.

EDIT:
Don't get me wrong, I really like the way Trump handles the world around him and I think he would totally kick ass as a president - if he wanted to - but I just think that out there in the real world of US elections and the electoral system, Hillary would have to try hard to loose.
I would hate to see Hillary win and I would feel bad for the progress we actually have made over the years to see Trump win.

I just don't know, the more I imagine the inauguration the more I see a picture of Hillary smiling and laughing and the less I see a picture of Trump standing there nodding his head and saying over and over with pursed lips "I love you. great. I love you, thanks, I love you great"
edit on 28-7-2016 by EmmanuelGoldstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Monger

What's sad is that they'll act EXACTLY like the losers acted when Obama won and dig their heels in the ground for anything Hillary tries to do, and thus politics as usual will become a stupid game of inaction interrupted periodically by idiotic games of chicken where both sides race to see who blinks first while holding the country hostage. It's a shame that the word "compromise" has lost all meaning in this country. Now if you try to reach out to the other side, it is seen as a form of betrayal to your party's cause.

Our forefathers would gawk at the state American politics has devolved to.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: bbarkow

Thats interesting, I got a distinctly different impression after watching the RNC.

From what I could gather, the Trump message is "vote for me because Hillary sucks" and be VERY scared of evil Brown people.

There was very little substance.

We should assume and trust that Trump will "make America great again".

How is anyone's guess.

edit on 28-7-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   
He made a few points in his press conference that I appreciated, 1st that he is in a unique position to speak more freely and truthfully than establishment politicians and 2nd that he'll get more supporters because of the TPP. Why has America negotiated such terrible deals when it comes to Trade and Military support ? I also appreciated his willingness to be put on the "hot seat" for such a long press conference, something Hillary is unwilling to do.

Having said that I'm still voting 3rd party......

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Oh I already know he's trying to pass it off as a joke. If you'd read my post carefully, you'll note that I took note of that line of reasoning. None of that makes this an appropriate remark to say about your political opponent. Why you'd excuse a politician joking about allowing a foreign power to break the Constitution is beyond me.

A little context might help you, but that requires watching the press conference, as opposed to getting our quote-mined and paraphrased sound bites from a less-than-scrupulous source.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Yes. I'm sure context makes this terrible joke SOOO much more tolerable. But it doesn't matter anyways, you defend every bat# insane thing this asshole says.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: redempsh
I'm probably going to end up voting for him.

I don't trust him on gun rights. But Hillary uses Obama's dog-whistle phrase "common sense gun reforms" and that means that he gets everything the progs want. As per usual. Hillary hasn't brought up "The Australian Solution" since the winter; but she's itching to try it. She probably wouldn't get the chance without big changes in Congress. But we can look for the progressive intermediate "toad-boiler" of universal registration and liability insurance.

Hillary and her elite think that because they dialogue with the Muslim Brotherhood, that they've managed to co-opt the whole of Islamic civilization. Hillary Corp. still doesn't get it that terrorist attacks are not an aberation--they are the new normal.

And Hillcorp. wants fully open borders, so that America ceases to exist except as a collection of courtrooms and tax collecting agencies.

All for the sake of free trade.

The NRA endorsed him! Trump loves the second amendment...

Apart from that, good post.
edit on 28-7-2016 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Yes. I'm sure context makes this terrible joke SOOO much more tolerable. But it doesn't matter anyways, you defend every bat# insane thing this asshole says.

It does matter, and your sarcasm cannot hide that fact, nor the fact the fact that you are wrong. You defend every mistruth said about this asshole, whiles serruptitiously giving Hilary's scandals a pass.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   

No it doesn't. When your words are shocking foreign policy political experts, then you should take note. But I guess expert opinion is irrelevant when it comes to the world of trump and his zealous defenders.

Thanks for the tu quoque fallacy bringing up Hillary btw.
edit on 28-7-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Monger

You're incredibly ignorant. The left immediately started to ambush trump supporters. The guy loves America and wants everyone to have a better life, all over the world. I find that admirable. What's Hellary got in store for us?

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   
The attack on free thought, never ceases.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join