It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Trump guy is growing on me.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+61 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I didn't pay much attenion to Trump's candidacy until after it was clear he would be the Republican nominee. I looked down my nose at both him and his supporters. But since I've been paying attention to him, he seems to continue to grow into the role of Presidential candidate. He's running a very effective campaign on a shoestring through, it seems, sheer force of will and savvy.

I listened to most of his convention speech, and was very impressed by his grasp of the issues facing the country. Then I watched a press conference he did in Florida today. I have never seen anything like it, and I've been following politics for decades. Trump stood at the podium for an hour, taking questions and giving actual answers. Watch this if you have the time. It's how all press conferences should be conducted.

I don't want to sound like a fan boy, but the guy is pretty impressive.

+10 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: bbarkow

I prefer Trump more and more.

But I am not sure if I like him more and more .. or if I like him less and less and just like Hillary MORE less and less.

+29 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   

With Trump , there is some Hope , with Clinton , Same Ole Same Ole .

+11 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: DupontDeux

I'd urge you to watch at least some of the press conference. I know what you're saying - but after seeing his kids at the convention and elsewhere, and watching him have an actual back-and-forth with the press - I think he's probably actually a pretty decent guy.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   

That Remains to be Scene as President of the United States . Stay Tuned............

+16 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Honest analysis...

But as I type this the PC crowd is lining up to attack you.

How dare you think for yourself, they know what you need.

Get a helmet and a cup...they don't play nice.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

All in a days Work Sarge .

edit on 27-7-2016 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Then I watched a press conference he did in Florida today. I have never seen anything like it, and I've been following politics for decades.

I don't vote. I'm a tune in drop out old school type.

Gotta admit I overheard that press conference and I also was impressed. Haven't seen that kind of fielding reporters questions and frank response kind of thing since JFK.

I'm still not voting, for me thats a vote to continue the Status Quo. Just adding my two cents about what you also noticed.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

That Remains to be Scene as President of the United States . Stay Tuned............

You're absolutely right. But after watching the speech and press conference, I think he's a trustworthy guy who will listen to top men. Top. Men.

Not just, "I trust him more than Hillary."

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Haven't seen that kind of fielding reporters questions and frank response kind of thing since JFK.

I was born in late '63, so I didn't get to see him in action.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   
He`s sly as a fox too, he`s slicker than slick willy clinton and trickier than tricky dickie nixon,he acts like the village idiot sometimes with the things he says but it`s all a very well planned out act,he knows exactly what he`s doing.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Trump is making Clinton look like a Saint. How is he going to make america is great again ( I guess Saudi and Russia is greater than US now), if he can't even stand for american citizen's rights?

Even if clinton did something wrong, how can he beg Russia to do something like this against a US citizen? First he begs money from Saudi. He will sell entire country if he can make few bucks on it.

+24 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Been following Trump since day one of this thing. Never heard him make a racist comment. I have listened to the other side say all these things and it's just not there. If it was I would have no problem admitting it but it's not there.

Banning Muslims. Yes he said that until we make sure they are checked out. We are going to keep having these random attacks until that goal is achieved. It has to be done. It's unfortunate but this is the world we live in now. Radicals have hijacked a religion. That's not racist. That is reality.

The wall. Again, unfortunate but it must be dealt with. People living here over 20 years and never applying for citizenship. That means more jury duty for me, more taxes for me and they get the same benefits of our laws as me. It's not right. Now they are upset because they can't get access to free healthcare. They are not mad though about not being able to serve jury duty.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   
He's not great but his popularity is a direct result of Clinton and friends

4 years of his goofiness is better than known and guaranteed corruption and lying. The truth is that we have no idea what Hillary stands for. She lies about her stances, and then lies about lying about them. She lies about things that she doesn't even need to lie about. She's nothing more than a scoundrel and is being propped up by people who want Bush v2.0

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   

kinda like a fungus??!! better get that looked at.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   
After everything I've seen in politics, since I've begun paying attention, it's just time to take a chance.

It's time that enough people stand up to this establishment,media,entertainment industry. It's been a propaganda blitzkrieg of celebrity endorsed nonsense.

Everything's is different this time around and don't be fooled into believing anything different.

Trump is my choice.

Doesn't really matter what changes.

+11 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   
There are things about Trump I don't like which I have referenced before. I thought that Trumps convention speech addressed many of the issues I am concerned with, but I will admit he is not as good of speaker as someone like Obama. Luckily for me I don't put much stock in these pre written speeches that are wrote by other people.

What really impresses me about Trump are things like this mornings presser. No one fields questions like that. Even if you hate him, he at least puts himself out there and speaks his own words. He is the best speaker by far without a telepromter.

People pick through his comments and pick out anything they can. Sometimes they rightly find stuff to criticize, but many times they just take things out of context and use hyperbole.

If Hillary or Obama or any of the other RNC people would speak off of the prompter as much as Trump, they too would make gaffes that people could pick through. I would rather take someone who is speaking in their own words and occasionally says something stupid than someone who has to have every word they say ran through a focus group.

Trump is the total opposite of Hillary, he will talk off the cuff and take questions for hours, Hillary hasn't done a presser for 235 days.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I'm probably going to end up voting for him.

I don't trust him on gun rights. But Hillary uses Obama's dog-whistle phrase "common sense gun reforms" and that means that he gets everything the progs want. As per usual. Hillary hasn't brought up "The Australian Solution" since the winter; but she's itching to try it. She probably wouldn't get the chance without big changes in Congress. But we can look for the progressive intermediate "toad-boiler" of universal registration and liability insurance.

Hillary and her elite think that because they dialogue with the Muslim Brotherhood, that they've managed to co-opt the whole of Islamic civilization. Hillary Corp. still doesn't get it that terrorist attacks are not an aberation--they are the new normal.

And Hillcorp. wants fully open borders, so that America ceases to exist except as a collection of courtrooms and tax collecting agencies.

All for the sake of free trade.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   

The only reason I would like to see Trump win is to bring us one step closer to the movie Idiocracy become a reality. If he wins, building a huge wall will solve our immigration problem, islamic terrorism will be gone as will all crime across the country and everything will be made in the U.S.. All of this will happen, fast! I loved how he said everything will happen fast during his speech. I am not a Hillary supporter either, not a fan of professional BS artists. Just say NO to either of those two clowns and take a look at option C, the Libertarian party! Options A and B are both amusing and scary at the same time, no thank you!

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   
9:45 in the video lol when he talks about his tax returns. he couldnt brush those questions off any quicker!

edit on 27-7-2016 by dreamlotus1111 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join