It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blacks Are Free Because Republicans Voted For It Yet They Support Democrats! Why?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Blacks Are Free Because Republicans Voted For It Yet They Support Democrats! Why?

Still enslaved , this time by Democratic rhetoric and lies.
American History 101

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

originally posted by: angeldoll
a reply to: JinMI

Sorry, should have said only 99% of them.

Proof? I guess you don't ever take note on who votes for what in Congress. Silly comment.

Proof, yes that supports all or 99% of registered Republicans who want to see black folks under bridges, starving.

Wrong. No Republican said anything about bridges.

(post by supremecommander removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Still enslaved , this time by Democratic rhetoric and lies.
American History 101

I'm slave to no one. cut that out, if i'm a slave so are YOU.

(post by supremecommander removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: sirlancelot

originally posted by: lostbook
a reply to: sirlancelot

As society changed and political climates changed the two parties switched platforms. I'd almost go as sfar as to say that the party that freed the slaves (Republicans) became the other side (Democrats).

In what way and when did this happen?

It happened over a period of time (1860-1936?)

Not trying to railroad this thread but here's some info:

But why did Bryan and other turn-of-the-century Democrats start advocating for big government? According to Rauchway, they, like Republicans, were trying to win the West. The admission of new western states to the union in the post-Civil War era created a new voting bloc, and both parties were vying for its attention. Democrats seized upon a way of ingratiating themselves to western voters: Republican federal expansions in the 1860s and 1870s had turned out favorable to big businesses based in the northeast, such as banks, railroads and manufacturers, while small-time farmers like those who had gone west received very little. Both parties tried to exploit the discontent this generated, by promising the little guy some of the federal largesse that had hitherto gone to the business sector. From this point on, Democrats stuck with this stance — favoring federally funded social programs and benefits — while Republicans were gradually driven to the counterposition of hands-off government.

www.livescience.com...

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I don't know about black people overall, but poverty stricken people often vote democrat because.....

FREE STUFF!!!

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Most people understand that the parties have changed since then in terms of what they stand for and how they operate. Voting is not about what happened in the 1800's. It's about what they've done for you lately.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I took some people advice and did more external research and from what this article states Barry Goldwater and his positions was the nail in the coffin! Ironically wasn;t Hillary a Goldwater girl?

Source

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   
ATTENTION!

Knock off the insults and name calling or Posting Ban's WILL follow.

Do not reply to this message.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   
The civil rights act is what changed how people identified with the two parties so that African Americans got behind the democrats, and many southern caucasions decided they liked the republican party better. The republican party was indeed the party of Lincoln, abolition and temperance. The republican party of Lincoln did not in fact become the modern democratic party. That is a fabrication of modern leftists and nothing but political chicanery. So, its really simpler than anyone makes it out to be if one doeant discount parts of history in order to form false political narratives.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: sirlancelot
I took some people advice and did more external research and from what this article states Barry Goldwater and his positions was the nail in the coffin! Ironically wasn;t Hillary a Goldwater girl?

Source

Again, that's ancient history. It's about what you've done lately. Barry Goldwater was 1964. The youngest voters who were 18 at the time and thus able to vote are 70 years old today. Going by actuarial tables, they're dying off now. Today's voters don't care about what happened back then. There are people voting in this election who weren't even born when Rodney King happened. About 15% of people going to the polls this November are going to be too young to remember 9/11, an event that entire campaigns are still being shaped around.

What voters are voting on is based on what has happened in the previous few years. In the case of black voters they've seen Republicans support cops that disproportionately target blacks, Republicans that support a justice system that disproportionately punishes blacks, and Republicans who support an economic system that leaves black neighborhoods as the poorest while cutting assistance to them.

Based on recent events, there is very little reason for most blacks to support Republicans. One could argue there's little reason to support Democrats too because they haven't done much either, but the way the Democrats have framed the debate is that they're trying and the Republicans are stopping them. It's not a fight the Republicans have been interested in challenging because they have no intention of getting into a contest of offering assistance, it goes against their platform.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 12:16 AM
link   

I'm too bored to retype this info. Please look into the "Civil Rights Movement" and "Southern Strategy", because this is when the major shift happened. There are some pretty good posts about it in this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread1112949/pg2#pid20591362

ETA: And here's Lee Atwater's own words about the purpose of the "Southern Strategy".

Exclusive: Lee Atwater’s Infamous 1981 Interview on the Southern Strategy
edit on 28-7-2016 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 12:42 AM
link   

The republicans used to be the liberal party and slowly changed to the conservative party over time. It had a lot to do with equal rights for blacks.

Republicans will deny this over and over, its a fact they choose to twist or ignore but don't take my word for it, google "when did Democratic and Republican parties flip" for yourself.

Its a very interesting topic and its possible that it could flip flop again.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

Most people understand that the parties have changed since then in terms of what they stand for and how they operate. Voting is not about what happened in the 1800's. It's about what they've done for you lately.

And that's what lyndon Johnson counted on. There was no switch in the parties or there beliefs only the methods used. LbJ started the great society because as he said it would gurantee the black vote for 200 years. I wont even repeat what his quote was but to say he was a racist is an understatement. He say blacks as being uppity and demanding you know equal rights and realized he could use money to control them. Had LBJ not started the great society things would be alot difrent in politics. By offering public housing and govt money he knew not only could they be controlled but could help the party.

Here's another shocker Bill Clinton was a racist as well when you look at what he did as governor. And people have a short memory but he made some racist comments about Obama as well I remember this because it was one of the reasons I voted Obama over Hillary. Here's the problem in Amarican politics people are easily fooled and have short memories. Yes Trump is more of a Democrat than republican for all you Trump fans not sure you realize Trump is moving your party to the left. And yes Trump is a for business and yes they will continue to get breaks on taxes and not pay what they should. Reading his plan lower taxes yada yada been there done that doesn't work were still in debt.

As for Hillary fans yes she lies only takes a 10 second video search and you can see how every one of her positions has changed in the last 8 yrs. And yes her Email scandal Is a big deal. At the very least it shows severe incompetance.

I had it with politics and the two party system but here's the kicker there is no alternative one or the other will become president. For those people trying 3rd party if your a Democrat and you vote say green you gurantee Donald wins. So what's left look at both candidates and pick the one you think won't destroy the country good luck amarica we need it.
edit on 7/28/16 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 03:03 AM
link   
The atrocious lies on this thread about political parties changing
is complete and utter balderdash. Under Lincoln the modern day
Republican party was called the WHIG party, and absolutely none
of their principles have changed.

The WHIG/Conservative party had a strong CHRISTIAN dynamic,
and hence why they were more readily influenced to make
positive legislation for blacks.

Who in their right mind thinks the Democratic party ever had
a strong Christian dynamic?

While attending Prairie View University, which is an ALL
BLACK COLLEGE, it use to be mandatory for freshmen to
take at least one class of Black History studies. And we
were definitely taught the difference between the
political parties, and NOTHING HAS CHANGED between
these two parties.

For anyone foolish enough to believe that these two parties
have some how miraculous switched needs to read the
the Lincoln/Douglas debates prior to Lincoln becoming President.

Next these liars will be telling people the Democrats had nothing
to do with the formation of the KKK.

I'll tell you WHY the majority of blacks vote democrat, because
the majority of them are UNEDUCATED..PERIOD

For those of you who want to understand the truth, I dare you to
read the History of the KKK and why they were started. Which
was to weaken the political power of Southern blacks and Republicans!

www.pbs.org...

edit on 7/28/2016 by MrBlaq because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Orionx2

originally posted by: nobunaga
a reply to: Cygnis

keep in mind, only 1.4% of white americans owned slaves
30,000 free blacks had 200000 slaves in the south

remember how many northerners died in cival war to free the slaves

most whites came here during the late 1800s, and 1900s. i would think about .000009% of whites in america can be tied to a slave owning family

Who sold the slaves to the whites and blacks? That would be the blacks. Funny how the blacks don't take any responsibility for the black slave traders or the black slave owners. Just evil whitey...

Yes, they have to go after the dealers.

The muslims were big on slaves back then, still are to this day.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

nvm
edit on 28-7-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join