It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've been thinking...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   
If a supernatural world exists with beings of a superior nature such as gods, angels, daevas, or other types of material or spiritual entities and realms, we don't have confirmation (that I'm aware of) and nothing that can be called actual knowledge confirms the stories of those beings whether flesh or spirit that are said to have existed. If archeologists have found giant or Nephilim bones in the ground they aren't telling anyone. If we have made contact with any other worldy life it's on the hush, to put it mildly.

The honest mind can not deny this. Unless of course you yourself have made contact any such entity. Knowledge of God is wishful thinking, the fact that people claim to know their god exists because they read a book is amusing.

It is not that simple though. People who probably don't believe in God are sending people who do to war against people who believe in the same God for...who knows really?

But it is not just war that divides the religions some people think more or less of a person based on their religion and quite often. A Lutheran will (hypothetically and factually) have a reason to dislike a Jehovah's witness or Catholic. They will however all agree on many more things than they don't.

They will all join hands when it comes to denouncing faiths other than Christian. False gods, Idols, demons or just plain nonexist is what they designate the Shivas and Ohrmazds of the world of religion. I don't know for sure if the reverse is true but it could be. I don't think Hindus deny that Jesus existed but I can't say for sure. I have read material written by a Hindu about the striking similarities between Krishna and Christ and it was to say that many sages appear from time to time and teach the people how to live a good peaceful life and be thankful for it.

So why has there been endless war since the dropping of the A-bomb? That should have silenced everyone into peace. Like in the Watchmen when they changed the end of the story from comic book to movie and a catastrophe unites the whole world and peace reigns with nobody knowing it had been engineered.

In reality when it counts we fail. As a world. But because everyone lets everyone fail and helps them even. Corruption is flaunted yet oddly ignored and very likely that is what was intended.

We have been generationally desensitized to it since America is founded on endless war and sadly, genocide of a great portion of an entire continent's inhabitants. How bad can things be when that is one of the first things that are told about our country in school, that no white man lived here until Colombus the great explorer stumbled upon what is now Florida thinking it India. Slowly you figure out that maybe the Thanksgiving Pilgrim tale might be a mockery of the truth.

How much lying can one take of a planet. Religion is supposed to be peaceful and it is the cause of or excuse for war.

And none of these gods have ever been seen but that doesn't stop people from asserting the supremacy of their religion.

It's the worlds dumbest reason for fighting but it works. God wants you to go to war and not know why. Blind trust has killed as many as blind faith I think. The difference is subtle but it's there.
🗿 🗽 🐲 ⚖ ☀ ⌛

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: deignostian

And none of these gods have ever been seen but that doesn't stop people from asserting the supremacy of their religion.

It's the worlds dumbest reason for fighting but it works. God wants you to go to war and not know why.

Perhaps the true "God" if he exists is just a supreme being who has little care for the trivial wars mankind is waging. Perhaps mankind waging wars in the name of God really is nothing but mankind waging wars and killing people using God as a justification.

I often think God (if he exists) is staying clear most of earthlings simply because most earthlings wouldn't want to hear his actual message. Perhaps he is wise, and letting mankind evolve and grow by himself. After all, we all have the potential to reach his level, but it seems most of us prefer arguing over political candidates and carbon taxes and guns instead. Such trivial topics compared to the vastness and wonders of the entire universe.

EDIT:

Good thread BTW.

edit on 27-7-2016 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Perhaps indeed. Thank you .

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   

You bring up some great points.

One thing I would like to point out in response to this:

none of these gods have ever been seen but that doesn't stop people from asserting the supremacy of their religion

Quetzalcoatl, God of Wind & Wisdom - the feathered serpent, that was worshiped by the Aztec, is said to have been "seen" and interacted with that civilization.

Quetzalcoatl
edit on 27-7-2016 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

That's true. Osiris also lived amongst the people and drank wine that "maketh him drunk." He may have been a remnant of the"giants of old" and a case of ancestor worship as he was a god but Ra was THE God. Probably the Egyptian El or Anu.

Myths fascinate me. Egyptians loved their animal gods just like South Americas Quetzalcoatl. That reminds I gotta read the Popul Vuh.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Great points and very usuful indeed for those who care to give some time to them, with an open mind. I would say that if there is such a thing as God, he would have to say that I do not partake in any of these wars. They are all your doing and your responsability, unfortunatly some must suffer the sword of another even if they did not want to partake in the war. It is a human trait and not a Godley trait. One must give up that which is not beneficial, if one doesnt one is locked in to that until one does give it up.a reply to: deignostian

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   

I can't believe that Votan was Quetzalcoatl's name in Palenque. Wotan was a European warrior god so thats a big coincidence

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   

I checked out the link.

I am surprised Mormons dont use that for their Jesus in the Americas bit because he looks like Mormon Jesus a LOT.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Religion allowing duality (us vs them) ideas is the problem.

There are religions that are choosing to not allow those ideas to take root. At least with them there can be peace between the people of those religions vs the people of the others religion who have to conqueror the world for their view.

I do think the real spiritual battle between demonic and divine is the corruption of duality vs non duality.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   

It is not that simple though. People who probably don't believe in God are sending people who do to war against people who believe in the same God for...who knows really?

You nailed it on the head there. Who really knows?

I think Daniel C Dennett had a great response in his book Breaking the Spell: Religion as natural phenomenon

Dennett examines the nature of religion philosophically and weights its pros and cons as something natural that humans create.

If reading is not your thing then here is a great TED talk that explains why people believe weird things. Here is the TED talk link

Interesting post, hope you find this info helpful.

S and F.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: hubrisinxs

I am addicted to reading actually, definitely gonna check out the link thanks.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

I can never decide if dualism or monotheism worked better.

Is God responsible for good and evil?

Or is their an evil God and a good God. Dividing and conquering it seems they would actually have to be working together with different roles. That makes sense in Ha Satan he is the Adversary of man but not God.

Like God delegates evil and gets to claim deniability. But is ultimately responsible.

Zurvanism addressed this quite well I read.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: deignostian
a reply to: LittleByLittle

I can never decide if dualism or monotheism worked better.

Is God responsible for good and evil?

Or is their an evil God and a good God. Dividing and conquering it seems they would actually have to be working together with different roles. That makes sense in Ha Satan he is the Adversary of man but not God.

Like God delegates evil and gets to claim deniability. But is ultimately responsible.

Zurvanism addressed this quite well I read.

In a way the divine are not intervening on the level they could have. Free will to be insanely unaware of what you are manifesting on all levels.

If they wanted instant karma backlash they would have implemented the instant mirror. Some empaths seem to implement a low grade version of the mirror. Duality separation ideas would quickly evaporate when you are forced to know the experience you create for others in real time.

But this place would no longer be a in between if they implemented that.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   

You should check how many died from, freedom, liberty and justice for all

Didnt even put in religion

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: tikbalang

You should check how many died from, freedom, liberty and justice for all

Didnt even put in religion

More than the Holocaust and it lasted longer.

It was mass genocide from coast to coast.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Perhaps few witnesses survived (as per the Judaeo-Christian theology where direct exposure to God 'un-makes' the witness).

You seem to think that 'a God' is just slightly more than a human and seem to totally miss the reasoning for monotheism and an absolutely supreme entity.

Also, very few wars, especailly "since the atom bomb", have had any sort of religious component. Since such is the case, the blaming of those wars on religion, or religious motivation is irrational. Pretty much the same throuout history too, if you actually look into the specific motivations for wars. I'd much rather blame those that have armies, stockpiles of weapons and little morality, than the peacemakers.

But of course, Gnosisfaith has been banned again.

edit on 28/7/2016 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Humans, by nature, need to "belong". The more belongingness, the more confidence. A family unit is belongingness, so is friends, schools, team sports and then there are churches. A church is one way to feel important and belong. A basic human will believe anything they are taught just as long as they feel "belonged". The basic human will lose sanity for this need to belong. That is how religion has got out of hand. These humans are not religious but fighting to belong. If thier neighbor or a teacher does not have the same beliefs, then they feel threatened. If thier interpretation of the bible is violated with equal rights to gays then they feel threatened. This basic human means well, but unknowingly is feeding thier ego and need of belongingness before the true meaning of spiritualism and truth in general. They are blind-sided by religion. Religion is the main reason wars begin.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 03:34 AM
link   
a reply to: veracity

Some spiritual views are not as threatened by each other have no less problem coexisting.

A religion can be analyzed if it does carry dualism (us vs them ideas) with every sentence and at least question how wise the ideas are that will manifest in violence sooner or later.

And the funny thing is choosing to belong to a religion can mean that you do not experience the belonging to something else.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Maybe dualism vs monotheism is the rationale for trinity gods.

You always need a middle path and someone has to create the devil figure so it can't be the good god's fault and the Zurvan types fill that role of creator but aren't always directly worshipped.

Very positive message even the religious can agree with. I am religious and I concur with much if not most of what you say.
edit on 28-7-2016 by Paralogos because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-7-2016 by Paralogos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Overall I found that to be a very positive and true message. You seem to feel otherwise but I can't see why.

And are you joking when you say very few wars have been religious wars? That is the usual motivation for war. Jews and WW2, Communism's atheist government, the Crusades, all wars have a religious component to them if you look into it.

Either silencing religion or in defense of it, it's almost always a motivating factor in war.

But even Islam vs the west, the so called "war on terror" is going on right now so I assume that was in jest what you said.

I don't find it humorous though.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join