It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DNC's 180 on Bernie supporters

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Remember when Bernie supporters were hailed as great people by the DNC? People that were youthful and energized, that showed how diverse the Democrats were.

Whats even more, when they decided to protest Trump, they were celebrated by DNC. They were good people that were infuriated by Trump's divisiveness. Even when they got violent, the Dem's blamed Trump, saying his rhetoric was responsible for the violence.

Now fast forward to today. All of the Bernie fans that are angry at how the DNC treated their candidate, and how the VP pick went against evrything the believe, and how they have been so far treated at the DNC are considered, in the words of Sarah Silverman, "ridiculous".

Look at how the media and DNC have turned on them. Here are just a few articles.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

elitedaily.com...

www.vanityfair.com...

www.slate.com...

Now the media and DNC are calling these supporters childish and disruptive. They are now being painted as a ridiculous group that is not living in the real world. Yet where was these claims when they were disrupting trump rallies, and even sometimes engaging in violence?

It seems as long as the Bernie supporters were useful to the DNC, they were great informed patriots that were emblematic of the energy and diversity of the Democratic movement. Now that there use has run out, they are just childish and "ridiculous".

I hope everyone remembers this the next time the DNC tries to claim to be the party of minority voices and diversity. They are with these groups as long as they tow the party line. Any deviation from it, and these groups are just another group of enemies to be conquered.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Kinda works both ways though. Cruz was the GOPs hero until he lost and then he would not back Trump. Now they throw him under the bus because he isn't following the script.
In politics you are either with the head group or the enemy. Even if in the same party lines.
edit on 27-7-2016 by Orionx2 because: spelling

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Orionx2
Kinda works both ways though. Cruz was the GOPs hero until he lost and then he would not back Trump. Now they throw him under the bus because he isn't following the script.
In politics you are either with the head group or the enemy. Even if in the same party lines.

Didn't Ted Cruz also collude with the DNC?

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   
The way the criminals within the DNC and their flunkies have shafted us, I'm tempted to vote for Trump out of spite and hopes that he cuts my tax rate. Clinton isn't going to carry on with anything from Sanders' platform.

Her supporters condone electoral fraud. I cannot forgive this.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I think it is great that all these young people are having the curtain pulled back on American politics so early in their lives. Now they know what kind of corrupt, disgusting people run this country. Hopefully they can use this information to change the system.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
So it wasn't enough to stack the deck, but you find it necessary to belittle us as well? You should have kept in mind that many Bernie supporters aren't Democrats but registered Independents. Clinton lost a high percentage of those votes, other Democratic candidates in other races lost votes too. Democrats get no benefit of the doubt from me any more. If they want to act like Republicans, I'm only too happy to treat them as such.

The part that really annoys me, is after all that, Clinton supporters want to try and lay some kind of passive aggressive guilt trip on me if I say I'm going to vote for Jill Stein. Y'all are the ones who nominated one of the few people, so unlikable and corrupt, that she could actually lose an election to Donald Trump. So don't blame me if Trump wins... you're the ones who nominated corruption... you're the ones who couldn't win a fair fight. Now enjoy what you've wrought.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Reminds me of the script in Highlander:

"There can be only one!"

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

I think it is great that all these young people are having the curtain pulled back on American politics so early in their lives. Now they know what kind of corrupt, disgusting people run this country. Hopefully they can use this information to change the system.

I never thought of it like that but you make a great point. I just hope they are smart enough to see everything that's going on for what it really is ( corrupt, disgusting people running the country ). Unfortunately, so many of them are too caught up in whichever political candidate they and their buddies are a fan of, or are too busy playing stupid Pokemon Go to do anything productive with their minds.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   
The whole DNC strategy has failed.

Now they can't even address any issues without lying.

Stuck in the mud.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   

I think that a great many of them are ready to throw the DNC under the bus and vote Trump as a protest vote that would be a safer bet then voting HRC .Call it sour grapes but most of them may not have been using much rational towards a system that is very broken . Trump could be the straw to break it all to re-build the system again where even their voice will have a say .

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Not really.

If we were dividing the Bernie supporters up percentage wise.. Id say about 70% have already fallen in line and are back supporting HRC. Its that remaining 30% that are the issue.

Us Liberals and Progressives have to UNITE to stand against, and defeat Trump.

Love has to conquer hate.

The remaining 30% that are chanting and screaming and rioting over DNC speakers are preventing us from healing our primary wounds.

Part of being Liberal is recognizing "the greater good" and setting aside your personal beliefs and desires for whats best for the whole.

I have no problem with freedom of speech, and protesting, and them voicing their opinions, I get it. Im quite the rebel myself. However, contextually, its counterproductive to what theyre fighting for.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: amicktd

Didn't Ted Cruz also collude with the DNC?

I read he begged DNC for funds to help his delegate fight against Trump. I never liked Cruz. To hardcore religious.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   

IMO Cruz was never the GOP's hero. The GOP establishment was most comfortable with Bush 3, but he gained zero traction with the public after spending a fortune. They then tried to boost Rubio, and that did not work well either. Kasich, as mainstream as they come, won a single primary in his own state. The GOP never did like either Cruz or Trump. Cruz because he was a far right Bible thumper and Trump because he wasn't conservative at all and besides, they just don't like him.

The issue with Cruz is that he is a very poor loser. He signed a pledge to support the winning candidate, and then he refused to, and that angered a lot of people.

Basically the GOP completely failed to put forth and nominate who they would consider a traditional Republican with conservative values. Who knows why they didn't do that? Ryan could have run, and he had all the qualifications with none of the baggage, but his cushy job as Speaker apparently was more attractive to him than running for POTUS. He would have been a very viable candidate. I believe the GOP has some serious soul-searching to do. Whether or not Trump wins, either way they blew it.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Blazemore2000

Sanders ran back to the establishment faster then usain bolt ever could. So, you have to ask, was he really not part of the establishment? Was he the sheep dog used to round up the anti-establishment portion of the population?

Random complement, I do applaud you for believing in Sanders message then staying on the message by voting for Dr Stein.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: supremecommander
The way the criminals within the DNC and their flunkies have shafted us, I'm tempted to vote for Trump out of spite and hopes that he cuts my tax rate. Clinton isn't going to carry on with anything from Sanders' platform.

Her supporters condone electoral fraud. I cannot forgive this.

This.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Orionx2

You can't compare the treatment of supporters of a candidate to how a politician who is actually a candidate is treated by a party's national convention. Most supporters are real, sincere, regular people, many of whom are caught up in the meaningless rhetoric spewed by candidates. These people are not necessarily controlled by a party.

Candidates, on the other hand, generally are controlled by the party, and there is an expectation that, if you are going to use their name while running for president, then you better support the party if you don't get the nod.

Cruz deviated from that, and it's not surprising that the party is upset about it.

Sanders supporters are just staying true to what they were rallying for and against since the start--don't fault them for actually holding on to their convictions. You can fault them for their naivety as to how the system works, but not for their convictions.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler
I completely forgot about Bush. Lol... Can't disagree with anything in your reply.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blazemore2000
If they want to act like Republicans, I'm only too happy to treat them as such.

They are not behaving like Republicans. They are both behaving like authoritarians. One tries to legislate morality on you. The other tries to legislate how you spend your money. Neither is good for the American people.

originally posted by: Blazemore2000
Y'all are the ones who nominated one of the few people, so unlikable and corrupt, that she could actually lose an election to Donald Trump.

This ought to be the democrat quote of the week.
(WILL lose the election to Trump)
edit on 7272016 by MayanBoricua because: Mistakes Were Made

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   

There is definitely some truth to this, both parties are interested only in winning. However, the difference is that establishment RNC was more for Cruz than Trump, and in the DNC it was for Hillary and against Bernie.

The outsider one in the RNC despite overwhelming odds and the establishment not wanting him, and Cruz, who promised to back the winner, went back on that for his own benefit. This angered mostly Trump supporters.

The DNC on the other hand was cheering on Bernie supporters even when they were violent (I don't recall Cruz supporters doing this) as long as that was directed towards Trump. They praised them, while actively working against their candidate behind the scenes.

The point is the DNC celebrated the very behavior from Bernie supporters that they are now condemning. I don't recall the RNC celebrating Cruz supporters acting out previously, only to later condemn that same behavior.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Ron Paul was my eye opener. That was my first Presidential election as a voter and I never had hope for our system after that.

I knew things would be more of the same with Bernie, but I didnt expect him to just sell out himself and his constituents like that.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join