It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Hinckley Jr. Realesed from asylum. Attempted assassination

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   
John Hinckley jr.. The man charged with an assassination attempt by shooting on then President Ronald Reagan. Reagan was hit but had servived. James Brady was paralyzed and eventually died. You know Brady for being an advocate of gun control laws known as The Brady Bill. His wife was instrumental in getting the bill passed by meeting every Senator face to face.

"Brady died in Alexandria, Virginia, at the age of 73. His family announced his death on August 4, 2014. On August 8, 2014, in a controversial decision due to the length of time involved, his death was described as a homicide by the medical examiner caused by the gunshot wound he received in 1981, approximately 33 years after the fact. Hinckley did not face charges as a result of Brady's death due to having been found not guilty of the original crime by reason of insanity."

Hinckley claimed he did it for Jody Foster. He spent 3 decades in an insane asylum. He was found Not Guilty By Reason of Insanity. Thus no prison time. And it seemed odd to me he was sentenced till he was cured.

www.foxnews.com...

Thank You Semprefortis for your help.

edit on 27-7-2016 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

That's another vote for Hillary!

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   

If he has been rehabilitated for his mental defects, then there is no reason to keep him locked up.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   
😊

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Why isn't he immediately arrested on homicide charges to Brady's recent death?
Hinckley shot Brady and his death was ruled a homicide.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I hope you're right! 😊
But if all this is driving me batty, i have a worrisome personality i suppose.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   
As a side note tell Trump to watch out. And whatever you do don't let him watch Taxi Driver or read "Catcher in the Rye".

Don't give him a security job with (whats that company name), or let him buy, beg or borrow a gun.
Better yet, just keep him locked up.

Or let Sir Han Sir Han and all the Manson girls go, too.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Why isn't he immediately arrested on homicide charges to Brady's recent death?
Hinckley shot Brady and his death was ruled a homicide.

Because Hinckley was declared guilty by Reason Of Insanity. And therefore went to a mental institution to serve his time. Not prison.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

I hope you're right! 😊
But if all this is driving me batty, i have a worrisome personality i suppose.

What I wrote was probably true, but in poor taste, apologies.

edit on 27-7-2016 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

πŸ˜…πŸ˜‚πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜† Nice!

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Hinckley will never own a gun again. And rightfully so. The silver lining is the Brady Bill getting passed.

Edit: for bad taste and to stay on subject.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I think I saw him walking into the local G4S office with a copy of 'The Rye' and "Bickle" on his Army Jacket. He was not sporting the mohawk yet so we should be ok.

He tried to shoot and kill the POTUS. He should never be released from any type of facility. Once crazy...always crazy...this way it is easier for him to go off his meds.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

Seems Liberal enough since he targeted a Republican. But he will never own a gun again. Like democrats wish for down the road.

Didn't take long to go from talking about a killer getting released to bashing liberals, I guess that's all you have knowing Hillary will probably win.

(I'm not from USA so I won't be voting and don't have a dog in the fight)

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

He tried to shoot and kill the POTUS. He should never be released from any type of facility.

Scratching head... We keep millions locked up doing hard time for lots less.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   

The reason you could not post is that the ATS AI knows that it is Fox News and they stopped seeing each other a few months ago!

He [Hinkley Jr.] has already been spending 17 days a month at his mother's home in Virginia under strict conditions.

A judge ruled that Mr Hinckley, now 61, could reside full-time there on "convalescent leave" from 5 August.

BBC News, link.

August 5th. Leaving it a bit late there judge! Hehe

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   
A side note.... it seems a long time dying, that 30+ years.... to be then charged with murder ? My Dad was 73 when he passed...

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Taggart

True, i need to reign it inπŸ‘
Star!

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

The reason you could not post is that the ATS AI knows that it is Fox News and they stopped seeing each other a few months ago!

He [Hinkley Jr.] has already been spending 17 days a month at his mother's home in Virginia under strict conditions.

A judge ruled that Mr Hinckley, now 61, could reside full-time there on "convalescent leave" from 5 August.

BBC News, link.

August 5th. Leaving it a bit late there judge! Hehe

Thank you,
I was unaware of Fox being an issue.

I was going to mention that had Hinckley been receiving release passes. For his fathers funerl and to stay at home with family. Only the state knows his mental conditions, and therfore deemed him fit to re-enter the outside world in convalescent care.

"Friedman ruled Wednesday that Hinckley will have to attend individual and group therapy sessions and is barred from talking to the media. He can drive, but there are restrictions on how far he can travel. The Secret Service will also periodically follows him."
Per the article.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Yesterday I tried to post a response and only got through half when the cursor would not enter the text field anymore! My only options were 'reply' and 'preview' so I posted. Went to edit my post and when I pasted the text into the text box the edited post was posted without the new text! Go figure! So yeah, feel your pain!

As far a Hinkley Jr. goes... not sure that letting him go is the greatest of ideas but if he shows no signs there is not much you can do. Hey let's face the truth, prisons are not meant to "treat" prisoners, mental institutions are, and if treated there is not much reason to keep him there. Still does not mean I am comfortable with the decision.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Thanks for the Fox tip. All the fields were there. I filled them in. And then......

Honestly i doubt Hinckley being a threat anymore either. He's gotten older, he will live with his mother and be under the watchful eye of the Secret Service. If worse vomes to worse, say his mother dies and he is unable to care for for himself. He might return to the asylum or a convalescent home. And will still be under watch.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join