It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the 2016 US election cycle....far and away the best EVER

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   
This will go down in history as the greatest election cycle ever. The positives are almost too many to realize at this juncture.

Both parties exposed in their particular means of manipulation and corruption.

Never in the history of the U.S. a more aware and informed voting public, numerically or percentile-wise.

The MSM laid bare in intent and equally purchased shills as their political counterparts.

Unprecedented exposure of behind the scenes manipulators of our system.

My conclusion is that, in the long run, nothing will be the same again in the political arena. One needs to be aware of a situation before one can do anything about it. The number of people who have awoken or taken sufficient interest has never been higher and as that number grows so will the opportunity for change/cleaning house.

Risks involved? Of course! Yet the process has begun and I believe is now near unstoppable. No matter who wins the election.

First and foremost, recognition is required and sufficient numbers seem to have recognized it.

So I ask you,where do we go from here? Believe it or not, it is our call....OURS.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Where do we go from here?

Thats easy.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

I don't think the US population are smart enough to abandoned there binary two party system just yet

Come November your going to get either:

A corrupt left wing serial lair

A corrupt authoritarian right wing lair.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   

I don't think what happens on ATS posts and threads is a very good indication of the American electorate.

I just don't see anything changing this quote by Mark Twain....

"We get the best government money can buy"

or Ed Abby....

edit on 27-7-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Personally, I don't know anything about this guy.

Even though he might be genuine and 'trustworthy', at this juncture I'm not wasting a vote on a 'none-of-the above' choice.

Gary Johnson isn't a 'where' do we go. He's a 'who' do we go to. The 'where' is more the articulated direction that could receive a consensus and THEN selecting the individual/s who would best represent that consensus.

I'm talking ground up views, left, right, Nationalist, globalist, a smattering of all of the 'isms'. Original Constitution, revised Constitution, do we even want to retain the current Union?

How does one clean house? We aren't exactly 'experts' at it. Originally, we built a new house...on the other side of the 'pond'. We've never really cleaned one before....

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

I don't think the US population are smart enough to abandoned there binary two party system just yet

Come November your going to get either:

A corrupt left wing serial lair

A corrupt authoritarian right wing lair.

Likely due to the fact it doesn't matter how many parties there are. They suffer the same fate binary or otherwise. All I see is it results in even more confusion and even less consensus.

I could be wrong on that, however, and am willing to re-look at it. It certainly isn't a 'solution' in and of itself.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Zbigniew Brzezinski stated that the biggest threat they (tptb) faced in the 21st century was a politically informed electorate . What we seem to be all coming to is that the system is rigged and is very corrupt .DNC/RNP or CIA or any other group is and has worked for a hidden group . Yes this cycle has brought all of this to a head and it seems that we are not going to take it ...They need us and until they start to act like they do then we probably will go against their machine .

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

Zbigniew Brzezinski stated that the biggest threat they (tptb) faced in the 21st century was a politically informed electorate . What we seem to be all coming to is that the system is rigged and is very corrupt .DNC/RNP or CIA or any other group is and has worked for a hidden group . Yes this cycle has brought all of this to a head and it seems that we are not going to take it ...They need us and until they start to act like they do then we probably will go against their machine .

You underestimate the "machine"....voting won't change anything. What we have is a capitalistic system where the profit motive reigns supreme. How do you go about changing a Corporate oligarchy?

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

Exactly. I suppose it's the reason for the thread.

Rather than 'they starting to act like they do', how about a more pro-active stance? Specific actions we demand of them?

I'm not even convinced that we need to get rid of 'elitists'! The Founding Fathers could be labelled 'elitists' in their own right.

Being just a truck driver, what do I know? Not much. Having said that, 'balance' resonates with me and it's way, WAY out of balance.....

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
is he running for POTUS?

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Perhaps we do underestimate the Corporate oligarchy.
I am confident the events of this election cycle has, cough, cough, caught their attention....

What I point out is I believe we also underestimate our power. Be it via the vote, or the ability to flat out throw a monkey wrench into the machine.

It IS a start, though, and as a cynical realist that you label yourself, that machine, at least the political end of it broken and likely beyond repair with anywhere near the control they had before.

Come on, there may snow on the roof, but you STILL have a fire in the furnace....stoke it up a bit....

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   

You, sir, have found the silver lining in dark clouds full of *snip*.

Have a S&F for making my day.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   

I think for anything to change, the left and the right need to have some sort of common goal. Divided, not much will change for the better I would think. But I do agree that this cycle has exposed a lot to the masses than any other election, in which before, only people like here and other forums and alternative media, were aware of.

More divisiveness will work in their favor.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

I think for anything to change, the left and the right need to have some sort of common goal. Divided, not much will change for the better I would think. But I do agree that this cycle has exposed a lot to the masses than any other election, in which before, only people like here and other forums and alternative media, were aware of.

More divisiveness will work in their favor.

Agreed...although I suspect there's more of that 'divisiveness' in their own camp than ever before

new topics

top topics

join