It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

France: Government Ordered Nice Police to Lie About Attack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   
This is odd.

France: Government Ordered Nice Police to Lie About Attack

This article quotes the AP --

France's interior minister is protesting accusations the government tried to cover up security failings the night of the Bastille Day attack in Nice that killed 84.

The woman in charge of video surveillance in Nice on July 14, Sandra Bertin, told the Journal du Dimanche newspaper that government officials told her what to write in her report and that she should mention the presence of police she hadn't seen.

-- and provides a link to the AP article (2 detained in Nice truck attack investigation) but the above quote is not in the AP article they sourced. But I did find that quote in an AP article from three days ago at ABC News -- French Government Denies Cover-up of Nice Police Deployment -- and a little more --

Many French are angry that the government couldn't prevent the Nice attack despite a state of emergency in place.

Cazeneuve acknowledged that no national police were protecting the beachfront promenade targeted in the attack.

The worst part? Cazeneuve has threatened to sue the police woman who blew the whistle when they demanded she lie about who was there... or more specifically, who wasn't there.

Fren ch minister to sue policewoman for claiming she was told to falsify security report after Nice truck attack

Yesterday policewoman Sandra Bertin, who is in charge of Nice's CCTV network, claimed she was told to write that national police were present even though she had not seen them.
She said she had been 'harassed for an hour' by an unnamed interior ministry official on the phone after a ministry 'commissioner' came to see her the day after the attack.

And this is especially troubling:

She also said that she was told to submit her report 'in modifiable form'.

The rest of the article is given to the officials' response...pretty much the typical political bloviating. And this comes after the revelations of other evidence tampering --

French police demand Nice deletes CCTV footage of Bastille Day claiming it could be leaked to jihadis

Nice officials refuse request to delete truck attack CCTV footage

-- which is, of course, troubling (and outrageous and infuriating). And I'm not sure what to make of it all yet -- other than the obvious. But ya gotta love the good French people calling them out on their lies and coverup!!!

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Thanks for putting this out there for us - I had heard the CCTV footage was ordered to be "deleted" by officials but this brings it to a whole new level.

It sounds like the gov is trying to pen a very specific narrative. Doesn't give me a "warm and fuzzy" feeling, I'll tell ya that

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

It sounds like the gov is trying to pen a very specific narrative. Doesn't give me a "warm and fuzzy" feeling, I'll tell ya that

Definitely! We know what they want us to believe... but what is it that they don't want us to know???

It's always possible that they are simply covering up their own incompetence; but having squandered what trust they were given, it's impossible not to suspect more nefarious reasons.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Did France call the Obama administration and asked how to deal with the media regarding Islamic Terrorist?

Obama administration told them to lie, change facts, and then say you are transparent. it works in "merica...

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: thinline
Did France call the Obama administration and asked how to deal with the media regarding Islamic Terrorist?

Obama administration told them to lie, change facts, and then say you are transparent. it works in "merica...

Wouldn't surprise me in the least!

Or maybe they didn't have to call Obama... maybe Obama called them

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I dunno, the Mayor of Nice was on TV news, and stated quite clearly that there were not enough police at the time. He was not happy at all at the situation, and expected there to be more.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy
I dunno, the Mayor of Nice was on TV news, and stated quite clearly that there were not enough police at the time. He was not happy at all at the situation, and expected there to be more.

I'm not getting what it is that you "dunno"...

As I'm reading the articles, it's because of what they mayor and others have said that they are now being ordered to lie and say otherwise...

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   
What a sorry state the whole West is in when the whistle blowers are the ones punished and those in charge and fail in the duties leading to 84 deaths blame it on others and demand that evidence is deleted. This goes along nicely with the IMF's Christine LaGarde giving away a mere $445 million to a friend of Sarkozy. Refugee camps are springing up everywhere, random people being attacked in churches, it's a non-stop parade of corruption and incompetence possibly blended with a larger Soros/EU plan to destabilize Europe to create a true police state.

Are those guillotines still in working order?

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Before the attack people on the beach there during the day were complaining about the lack of security. The cops there hung around in groups talking to each other.

Anyone could just walk up and start shooting people... heard this somewhere.
Not surprising somebody took advantage right there. If they didn't have the proper concrete barriers and or armed police there to stop a large truck from approaching masses of people gathered on Holiday, thats pretty embarrassing.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Ewww, some good ol fashion Beheadings...

should I show one?

Nahhh, TnC.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
What a sorry state the whole West is in when the whistle blowers are the ones punished and those in charge and fail in the duties leading to 84 deaths blame it on others and demand that evidence is deleted.

That was my biggest takeaway from all this as well. When the truth is made criminal, this is the end result.

Unfortunately, if this kind of crap doesn't end soon (and we know it won't), we may find out... these officials would do well to consider that as well, since they would be finding out first... in the most direct and personal way... the hard way

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   

I would NEVER sign a police report which was "modifiable" that is nuts, and I mean ANY police report. The report is to be used to provide a recollection of events if the case ever went to Court. In this scenario it sets Her up to be a 'Lee Harvey'.

Move over Judas, Move over Lee Harvey...

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium

I would NEVER sign a police report which was "modifiable" that is nuts, and I mean ANY police report. The report is to be used to provide a recollection of events if the case ever went to Court. In this scenario it sets Her up to be a 'Lee Harvey'.

Move over Judas, Move over Lee Harvey...

Thank you! And good to hear!!! (Of course, I wouldn't expect any less of you)

So it is as bad as I figured it is... and that's not so good to hear. I had to quit a job once because I was required to sign an affidavit promising my work was done to a certain standard to the best of my ability, and then found out my work was being altered without my knowledge and or input. There was just too much that could go wrong there, and too much personal liability on my part to continue working under those circumstances. I was happy to swear by my work, but not what others might do.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Before the attack people on the beach there during the day were complaining about the lack of security. The cops there hung around in groups talking to each other.

Anyone could just walk up and start shooting people... heard this somewhere.
Not surprising somebody took advantage right there. If they didn't have the proper concrete barriers and or armed police there to stop a large truck from approaching masses of people gathered on Holiday, thats pretty embarrassing.

Come to think of it we lost almost 500 marines and other servicemen in Beirut due to a truck being able to just drive on in. It's certainly not a novel tactic.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Come to think of it we lost almost 500 marines and other servicemen in Beirut due to a truck being able to just drive on in. It's certainly not a novel tactic.

Back then it was. Were you around for that? Unprecedented...

Now its common place.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

originally posted by: smurfy

I'm not getting what it is that you "dunno"...

As I'm reading the articles, it's because of what they mayor and others have said that they are now being ordered to lie and say otherwise...

It's simple really, the mayor spoke about this right after the incident, not today or yesterday, it's public knowledge, even mainstream press had stories on the 17th regarding the lack of police, in fact some were actually withdrawn after an earlier military parade that day. The reports contained figures between 45 and 60 national police attending, which was never enough anyway as the mayor had said, since Nice had a fair few people who had left for Syria and were suspect.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Ahhhhhh... gotcha! Thank you for explaining

It is rather silly to try to change the narrative AFTER it's been made public. At least I sure thought so. But apparently they think they can... go figure. I sure don't understand their logic.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

It is rather silly to try to change the narrative AFTER it's been made public.

Very disturbing when Governments move to become
the Ministry of Propaganda!

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Begs the question that maybe these terroist attacks happened In france because the powers that be have a strong hold on the french government and felt they could manipulate events such as this.

This should be a fairly strong warning to all Americans that once you give up your power to your "friendly neighbourhood government" they will lie and manipulate to mantain it.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Of course they ordered the police to lie. Of course petite Napoleon Hollande is babbling about non existen issues in the Mosques, in France and says he wants to stop funding from abroad to the mosques (which is probably already stopped)

That's because the culprit of France terrorism are to be found at this address:

84 Rue de Villiers, 92300 Levallois-Perret... Of course ....

top topics

join