It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guns are for cowards

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: redempsh
The liberal ethic is becoming more and more irrelevant, as the decline of the West accelerates.

Anyone can sense it. You can feel it in the air. The world is becoming far more dangerous that it has been in decades. Liberalism could survive world wars, because those wars were temporary; each had a beginning, a middle and an end. but with the coming twilight of civilizations, comes the promise of eternal war--eternal night.

Gun control made sense in the TV-sitcom days of the 1990s. But liberal values are becoming suicidal ones in the world that's being born. Political rights are merely tools for social sabotage. Implements for de-constructing the last of the West's institutions: The State, the Church, the University. the Library.

In a world of safe streets and job security, trusting your fellow citizens was completely rational. Now it simply marks you as some militant's next target of opportunity.

The Democratic National Convention is a celebration of a doomed world-view; one that was built on the assumptions of the European Enlightenment, created by the waspy ruminations of gentlemen-philosophers, who dreamed up political rights over so many cups of tea.

The sun of the enlightenment has already set. Even now its last golden glow is fading in the west, as the first night-breeze begins to blow. There's scent wafting on the breeze; it's the stench of burning bodies, and the echo of explosions as the night of un-reason sweeps westward over the world. And the dream of the Liberal Enlightenment begins to gutter and smoke, like a fire that's about to blow out in a dank breeze.

Then darkness falls.

Remember to love instead of fear. The world has greatly improved since the 90's. Don't let fear dictate your life. Love your neighbor. Help a stranger.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Naturallywired

originally posted by: TheAmazingYeti

a reply to: MayanBoricuaThanks! I did not know what to say myself. I totally got stewed from this.
Gotta go cool down now.

It's okay. I still love you very much.

Harry
If you loved me and everyone so much then why would you want to strip away ones defense? Be it guns, knives whatever? They are all for defense. So in your stupid opinion is that anyone who wants to defend themselves is a coward?

Do you not see how utterly stupid you sound?
Here is your daily Darwin award

No, just guns. Guns are for cowards.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   

A coward is a person who allows fear to dictate their life.

Your fear of law abiding gun owners is driving you to advocate removing the rights of your countrymen, coward. You better not own a fire extinguisher.

The fear of the bogey man robber in the early hours.

You've clearly never been robbed before. Enjoy feeling powerless waiting on the cops stop finish up at the donut shop before heading over to rescue you too late.

The fear of uppity minorities or a tyrannical government.

2nd amendment also applies to minorities. And if you don't believe Govts go tyrannical, the you've never cracked open a history book. Some intellectual you are. This is supposed to be a conspiracy forum. Go research some conspiracies before you come up here claiming we can trust the Govt to look after our wellbeing.

The world has greatly improved since the 90's.

Indeed. And the numbers of gun owners has risen.

Don't let fear dictate your life. Love your neighbor. Help a stranger.

Indeed. There is no better advice. Also completely unrelated to the question of firearms.

a reply to: openyourmind1262

I am in love with your signature!
edit on 7272016 by MayanBoricua because: Mistakes Were Made

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   
The rock replaced the fist. Then a stick replaced the rock. Then a bow & arrow replaced the rock. Then a firearm replaced the bow & arrow. When something comes along and replaces my Glock.....like say a Laser Pistol.....You can bet your arse I'll be first in line to get one. Maybe two....wouldn't want the wife feeling slighted having to use damn old gunpowder.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: MayanBoricua

I never advocated for taking your rights away. I just said you're a coward if you need one.

How do you know I haven't been robbed. How can you assume my life story?

Government's certainly do but I doubt the US will any times soon... Regardless what Alex Jones says...
edit on 27-7-2016 by TheAmazingYeti because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Maybe we could change the title to carrying a gun in the upper middle class burbs is for cowards?

Most people use guns for a 100 yrd paper punch, until they get bored with buying ammo and it just sits in the safe.

..or the occasional bird or duck hunt.

Ghetto thugs and social media influence on loaners, and 2a overboarders' are the biggest threats to gun ownership I see. As well as the fake fear driving up accident numbers, with untrained people impulse buying firearms without the saftey practice.

This whole argument is kinda pointlesss, they know everyone will get riled up. It makes tax collection easier.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   

a reply to: MayanBoricuaThanks! I did not know what to say myself. I totally got stewed from this.
Gotta go cool down now.

It's okay. I still love you very much.

Harry
If you loved me and everyone so much then why would you want to strip away ones defense? Be it guns, knives whatever? They are all for defense. So in your stupid opinion is that anyone who wants to defend themselves is a coward?

Do you not see how utterly stupid you sound?
Here is your daily Darwin award

No, just guns. Guns are for cowards.
Ever read or seen the movie H.G.Well's "The Time machine"?

You sound just like the passive, child-like, and vegetarian Eloi, and they was so passive they laid down to any violence needed to protect themselves from being eaten by the Morlocks.
edit on 27-7-2016 by Naturallywired because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Naturallywired

well, I ain't no Morlock...

link   
a reply to: TheAmazingYeti

It looks to me like, if those two graphs were in the same format they would almost look like mirror images. Is there some kind of relationship between the number of guns owned and the drop in crime?

link   

I never advocated for taking your rights away. I just said you're a coward if you need one.

Explain this thread, then. It's got firearms prohibition written all over it. Firearms are nothing but tools, and say nothing about the owner. Those who would take them away are cowards. BY DEFINITION. They FEAR what a bad guy might do with a gun. They clamor for gun control to make themselves feel safer. That is a coward. And it is a false sense of security. And you want to call the men and women with the balls to stand upand do something cowards, while you advocate disarmament out of fear. It's is the prohibitionists who are cowards, not the other way around.

How do you know I haven't been robbed. How can you assume my life story?

You have not been robbed, or you would recognize the utility of a tool such as a firearm. You have also never been attacked by a wild animal or been tasked with putting food on your family's table without hitting up Walmart. And you have also never been to the moon. It's called deduction. I don't need your life story to deduce.

Regardless what Alex Jones says...

Screw Alex Jones. He is a double agent. Controlled opposition. COINTELPRO.

Next time you decide to start an information battle, make sure you come ARMED.

edit on 7272016 by MayanBoricua because: Mistakes Were Made

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   

well, I ain't no Morlock...

No you're sheep and food!
edit on 27-7-2016 by Naturallywired because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Tell that to the 120 lbs women who defends herself with her gun from a 200 lbs rapist.

Tell that to the elderly man or woman who can't physically compete with young and strong thugs.

Tell that to the many victims of home invasions who have had to defend themselves with guns to prevent being killed by multiple attackers.

All those people are cowards for needing a gun eh?

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn
Right ON!

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Who are these men and women standing up for injustice you speak of?

I have too been to the moon!

I still love you though.

Harry

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   

I have too been to the moon!

Harry
I'm out! Clearly we can all see this is a deluded person.

Good luck "Harry"!

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Tell that to the 120 lbs women who defends herself with her gun from a 200 lbs rapist.

Why is this woman in this situation? Should have used her brain instead of relying on a gun.

Tell that to the elderly man or woman who can't physically compete with young and strong thugs.

HA! This almost never happens but it's a good sob story to use.

Tell that to the many victims of home invasions who have had to defend themselves with guns to prevent being killed by multiple attackers.

I posted some numbers early. This does not happen very often. It's almost a non-concern if you're not pushing drugs or expensive product out of your house.

All those people are cowards for needing a gun eh?

Yes?

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   

I'll miss our talks.

Love,

Harry

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   

So the woman getting raped is to blame for her rape? Real nice buddy.

I'm not even going to respond to the rest of your ridiculous post.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

There are myriad legitimate reasons to own firearms.

I think what is more cowardly, is posting a hoplophobic rant on an anonymous online forum that contains zero fact-based logic.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   
So the human species is made of cowards, because guns and tools always helped us evolve since the dawn of times, after fire, the most important thing in our evolution. How nice. And all the martial artists who use their body as a weapon, are a bunch of cowards too. Very nice.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join