It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guns are for cowards

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
There will be a complete ban of guns in the US in the next four years.. only police, military will be carrying guns in the future as it should be and is in the rest of the world.

A person of interest informed me of this.

BULL SH!T, There's a few things wrong with this. They would have to suspend a couple of amendments to do it. The average American wouldn't stand for the overreach of the government.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: buddah6

You don't need an amendment. You just need one or two more far-left US Supreme Court justices to 'interpret' the current 2nd Amendment in a way that denies the 'right of the people' as applying to individuals. Never mind that it does in every other instance where its used in the Constitution and Bill of Rights.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: buddah6

originally posted by: Spacespider
There will be a complete ban of guns in the US in the next four years.. only police, military will be carrying guns in the future as it should be and is in the rest of the world.

A person of interest informed me of this.

BULL SH!T, There's a few things wrong with this. They would have to suspend a couple of amendments to do it. The average American wouldn't stand for the overreach of the government.

Actually, the average American might under the right circumstances, but those circumstances don't exist right now. So at present you're right. It would not be pretty to try and disarm American's presently. They'll just keep chipping away at the constitution until the time is right.
edit on 7/27/2016 by Klassified because: grammar

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful

originally posted by: TheAmazingYeti

originally posted by: DBCowboy

a reply to: TheAmazingYeti

It's even easier to force your opinion on others if you are the only one holding a gun.

My point exactly. If you can't make a rational argument just scare your opponent into submission. #Merica

So why do you want to disarm people so they will be forced to obey an ideology or belief?

Or are you arguing FOR authoritarian government?

Apologies if you are.

Then it makes more sense.

I didn't say anything about disarming people. I just said you're coward if you NEED a gun.

So because I live way out here in the country where it takes first responders 20 to 30 minutes to get to me and my family, where I have had to put down wild dogs, pit vipers, chicken hawks and scare off bobcats, where anyone can walk up on to the property and commit theft of my property and harm to me, my family and my pets/livestock.....makes it to where I need guns....

...and that makes me a "coward"??????

Well, you're entitled to your opinion.......but tell you what. Let me bring you out here, and the next time I have a wild boar going after my chickens, I'll hand you a knife and see how well you do.

Exactly. You just described my daily routine out here.
Thanks

edit on 27-7-2016 by EmmanuelGoldstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Seriously, does someone pay you to write these posts?

I'm being serious, because isn't one example of a coward someone who hides behind a picture of Harry, calling himself something other than his name, and then yells at other people that they are cowards while comfortably sitting behind a computer screen, untouchable by anyone?

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

Well just remember: according to the OP, because you're not STUPID enough to pepper spray, and then try to do hand to hand combat with a bear.....you must be a coward!

That according to them, it's much better to risk contracting rabies from that wild dog, raccoon, etc, by taking them on with a knife....

That my friend and I when we go hunting deer and boar, we're big cowards for using guns to drop the animals instantly, and put food on our tables......I guess the OP thinks it's better that we go to stores and buy processed meats...you know, from the huge cattle ranches that are suppose to be contributing to global warming?

smh

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

It is pointless arguing with a Sasquatch about gun control.
Of course he'd be all for it.
Last time I checked, Sasquatch don't even have a bag limit.

edit on 27-7-2016 by EmmanuelGoldstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Having a gun in the house inscreases the chance of being killed. I'll stick with the kitchen knife and security system. I might even add another dog...

And how many of those home fatal incidents happened to people who use and store their gun safely and properly? Probably 1% but let me know when you get those figures. Bad owners, not bad guns.

Fun Fact: Roughly 99% of car fatalities are from accidents while roughly 1% of gun fatalities are.

Fun fact: did you know that most home invasions happen around lunch time because everyone is usually running errands or at work.

I did know that, but that has nothing to do what we are talking about.

Here's an interesting read.
Guns: Feeling Safe Does Not Equal Being Safe

This article talks about the owners who are unstable, untrained, suicidal... the gun did not make them that way.

Despite the widely held belief that guns are effective for protection, our results suggest that they actually pose a substantial threat to members of the household. People who keep guns in their homes appear to be at greater risk of homicide in the home than people who do not. Most of this risk is due to a substantially greater risk of homicide at the hands of a family member or intimate acquaintance. We did not find evidence of a protective effect of keeping a gun in the home, even in the small subgroup of cases that involved forced entry.

Again, the owners, not the gun.
edit on 7/27/2016 by scojak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein

Be careful.
It depends on the locality.
It is illegal to hunt Sasquatch in New York State. It is illegal to even harass them in Skamania County, Washington.

I think there are rules against baiting them in with Slim Jims in some places.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein

I am not going to badger the OP personally, but your post is still funny. However I like Erikthealful's post about the critical thinking of the OP's postings. That really rings true to me

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   

THIS!

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   

It's even easier to force your opinion on others if you are the only one holding a gun.

My point exactly. If you can't make a rational argument just scare your opponent into submission. #Merica

So what about when the government doesn't make rational decisions are they too going to scare or intimidate us to do what they want (using guns)? If the citizenry has no guns they have all the power to control us! No thanks and it's naive to think otherwise!

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Guns are the only reason you are allowed to voice your silly opinion.

You can use your kitchen knives, bats, pepper spray, taser... whatever you like, but they are all tools used in a defense scenario just like a gun.

So your a coward if you use a "gun" but your not a coward if you use any other tool to protect yourself??? .... I see.

Attention is what you like, huh?

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: kyleplatinumAnother great reply!

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   
this post was removed by its originator
edit on 27/7/2016 by redempsh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Hang tight folks. Something will come along to make the gun obsolete - and TPTB won't let us rubes have it.

Then we'll be well and truly hosed... and brave too!

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Naturallywired

I have found in my time here on ATS, that the majority of Gun Control threads, the OPs that post them and are for it, all tend to be those that seem to think that everyone lives in a city, especially big cities.

That everything will be okay and you'll be safe because there are cops just seconds away (which if you live in a city you know that's not true either).

In this case the OP used an absolute statement: All people that own guns are cowards.

That's like saying All people that say they've seen a UFO are liars.

What he said is insulting and trolling in a very big way. But since it's here in the Mud Pit, he can do that.

Anywhere else on ATS and this thread would have been gone for trolling.

So the OP thinks people shouldn't have guns. They are entitled to their opinion. However, I certainly think they didn't need to insult an entire group of people.

But....as a "coward" that I am, who severed to protect their constitutional right to voice their opinion, I'm ready to defend their right to say it, with my life if need be.

......all the while they are trying to destroy one of my constitutional rights.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   

That everything will be okay and you'll be safe because there are cops just seconds away (which if you live in a city you know that's not true either).

Yeah the same cops and military they scream are killing people in the streets and need to be stopped.....

Thats the irony of the logic of some of these people.......

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
One big ironic circle jerk.

Quick protect yourself, you are in danger.

Quick, protect us, we are in danger now.

Lol

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Yeah the same cops and military they scream are killing people in the streets and need to be stopped.....

Thats the irony of the logic of some of these people.......

I've never had to call the cops and probably never will..

Love,

Harry

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join