It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guns are for cowards

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: TheAmazingYeti

Guns are for cowards

So are seat belts then.

Be brave, ride in your car without seat belts, you coward. Drive with no hands, close your eyes. What are you, afraid?

Me thinks he ought to run with scissors too.

Run with anything but common sense.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   

I see. Talk to the criminal. Then, if they still want to kill me, I should use anything other than a gun. Like a bow? I am sure they will wait while I aim. On second thought, you can do that.

Myself, the Mossberg chambering a round has a clack clack that will usually clear a house of scumbags if needed. If not. well, then it's open season. Now, does this make me a coward? No, it makes me still alive as well as my family.

edit on 07am31amf0000002016-07-27T11:48:33-05:001133 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheAmazingYeti
a reply to: schuyler

Plenty of other self-defense products and mechanisms. She could get pretty far with:

A) Being aware and not putting herself in that situation

B) Learn martial arts. Judo is fantastic!

C) Carry a taser of pepper spray.

NONE of those things are going to help when a stray pit bull who has become wild decides to charge me.

Going to be REALLY hard to hunt deer here where I live with any of those methods. Bows are great for hunting, but more often result in an escaped wounded animal.

I'll have to make sure the next time I'm down at the VFW with my fellow veterans that own guns that we are apparently all cowards......

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Gun sales up, crime down. I think it's time you learn how to interpret your graphs.

Correlation does not imply causation. There are many factors that can contribute to a downward trend in crime like *cough abortion*cough policing tactics *cough

The gun sales chart merely illustrates you're buying the BS fear camnpaign that the NRA sells like a good little capitalist.

edit on 27-7-2016 by TheAmazingYeti because: missed a quote tag

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   

So let me get this straight:

A cop walking the beat with a gun: coward.

SWAT teams going into a meth lab: cowards.

A soldier going into battle with a gun: coward.

People who man warships or fly warplanes: cowards.

Recipients of the Medal of Honor: cowards.

Those Secret Service guys guarding government officials: cowards.

Prison guards with guns: cowards.

Armored car drivers carrying millions in cash, bank guards, museum guards, etc: cowards.

African tour guides: cowards.

Circus trick-shot artists: cowards.

I'm sure I missed a lot more.

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Most anti gun people are the ones who live in big cities, with a stupid herd mentality that kicks in whenever these cowards even see a gun.
Murder, death , kill is all these brainwashed COWARDS can think.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   

You fantasize about breaking into people's houses, using a taser/pepper spray/judo on people and you're calling us lawful firearm folks cowards?

You have some serious deep dark issues and should seek help.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: aethertek
Kind of like this guy, who breaks leather over a petty argument & fistfight, a fight he started & promptly failed at.

Kentucky man sparks panic in movie theater after pulling gun on child who kicked his seat.
www.rawstory.com...

As the father was winning the brawl, the other man pulled out a gun, asking, “What the [expletive] are you going to do now?”

Whatever permits, writs or government slips that allows this moran(sic)TM to own weapons needs be revoked promptly.

What I always get a chuckle out of are the idiots who feel it necessary to pack AR's or AK's to go grocery shopping.
LOL Anyone paranoid enough to feel they need that kind of hardware on their person all the time is the last person who should have access.

K~

Cherry picked story! I can cherry pick stories too.

Customer with concealed carry permit kills hatchet-wielding attacker at 7-Eleven

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

Gun advocates and the NRA

Hmmm ... Midway USA is promoting NRA membership ATM. A lifetime membership normally runs $1,500.00. You can get yours now for just one third the price ... five hundred bucks. That deal only comes around once in a blue moon.

Thanks for reminding me so I could let everyone else know. There are a lot of pro-2nd Amendment folks who read this site.

I am currently on a five year membership. I would love to upgrade to lifetime.

Thanks for the info. I guess this thread served a purpose after all.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

Armored car drivers carrying millions in cash, bank guards, museum guards, etc: cowards.

How about this one?
A keyboard commando sitting in Mom's basement calling law abiding gun owners cowards. Might be a coward.
edit on b000000312016-07-27T11:53:17-05:0011America/ChicagoWed, 27 Jul 2016 11:53:17 -05001100000016 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Naturallywired
Most anti gun people are the ones who live in big cities, with a stupid herd mentality that kicks in whenever these cowards even see a gun.
Murder, death , kill is all these brainwashed COWARDS can think.

I have plenty of love!

originally posted by: KawRider9

You fantasize about breaking into people's houses, using a taser/pepper spray/judo on people and you're calling us lawful firearm folks cowards?

You have some serious deep dark issues and should seek help.

That's a pretty big stretch there. The breaking into house's bit should be common sense but apparently it's not...

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus
I bought mine when it was was $700.00, around 1990.

link   
a reply to: Naturallywired

Hey everyone, I'm getting temporary PTSD over here with all this gun talk!

You need to learn how to de-escalate a robber(even though they dont exist outside of Republican movies) by using fruit smoothies, and tantric yoga to calm his shokras back into his natural vegan, passive state.

Get a clue people!

link   

How about this one?
A keyboard commando sitting in Mom's basement calling law abiding gun owners cowards. Might be a coward.

Not even close but you can think that if it makes you feel better about your stance on gun ownership.

link   
a reply to: butcherguy

lol, I totally agree!

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   

How about this one?

Not even close but you can think that if it makes you feel better about your stance on gun ownership.

Oh, no..... This isn't about me.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Gun sales up, crime down. I think it's time you learn how to interpret your graphs.

Correlation does not imply causation. There are many factors that can contribute to a downward trend in crime like *cough abortion*cough policing tactics *cough

The gun sales chart merely illustrates you're buying the BS fear camnpaign that the NRA sells like a good little capitalist.

I have purchased several new guns this year, and I am safer now then I was last year. Coincidence? I think not.

You are free to be a gigantic crybaby and blubber on and on about how afraid of other people you are, but in the end, those of us who aren't crybabies, get through life just fine. Some of us have guns and some don't. And until you threaten me or my family, you would likely never know which I was. But after you threaten me or my family, you will know very quickly if I am a gun owner or not. So stock up on kleenex buttercup. The US Constitution isn't changing anytime soon.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger

You need to learn how to de-escalate a robber(even though they dont exist outside of Republican movies) by using fruit smoothies, and tantric yoga to calm his shokras back into his natural vegan, passive state.

Get a clue people!

If someone breaks into my home, the first thing I do is light scented candles.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger

Get a clue people!

Finding an armed robber in your house has a low probability of occuring...

National Crime Victimization Survey

*An estimated 3.7 million burglaries occurred each year on average from 2003 to 2007.

*A household member was present in roughly 1 million burglaries and became victims of violent crimes in 266,560 burglaries.

*Simple assault (15%) was the most common form of violence when a resident was home and violence occurred. Robbery (7%) and rape (3%) were less likely to occur when a household member was present and violence occurred.

*Offenders were known to their victims in 65% of violent burglaries; offenders were strangers in 28%.

*Overall, 61% of offenders were unarmed when violence occurred during a burglary while a resident was present. About 12% of all households violently burglarized while someone was home faced an offender armed with a firearm.

*Households residing in single family units and higher density structures of 10 or more units were least likely to be burglarized (8 per 1,000 households) while a household member was present.

*Serious injury accounted for 9% and minor injury accounted for 36% of injuries sustained by household members who were home and experienced violence during a completed burglary.

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Seriously: do you think everyone lives in a city (big or small) ?

Your posts seem to indicate that you think the world is uniform and that everyone lives the same way, should think the same way and be the same way.

That the environments that the live in are the same........

Your posts show a very lack in critical thinking.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join