It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guns are for cowards

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheAmazingYeti

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: TheAmazingYeti
Oh well.
Break into my house at night, you will be facing a 'coward' protecting his children.

Call me what you may.

That's a terrible time to break into a house. I would wait till the kids are at school and you're at work.

Apparently you are talking about a burglary.
There is this new concept in the criminal community called a home invasion.

If you watch the news, you may see a reference to it.
But here:

Home invasion differs from burglary in that its perpetrators have a violent intent apart from the unlawful entry itself, specific or general, much the same way as aggravated robbery—personally taking from someone by force—is differentiated from mere larceny (theft alone).

Link

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   
All thats needed in the US is for everyone to be armed 24x7 and have the ability to use the same excuses as the police do "i though he had a gun in his hand...was a twinky bar but it was too late", "i felt threatened..i'm sure i saw a spider 100 yards away", "i thought he was reaching for his gun...didn't see he had no limbs but better safe than sorry"

I still want the US to allow nukes, as they are allowed to bear "arms" with no caveat...wasn't the SALT talks about strategic arms which must be a subset of arms and so be allowed to be purchased by the populace surely?

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   
It sounds to me like the OP is on here justifying his future use of weapons. To be honest, I think it may be prudent to find his IP and give it to the local authorities.

A coward is described as - "a person who lacks the courage to do or endure dangerous or unpleasant things"

A coward would be scared to pick up a gun because they do not have the balls to take the responsibility of holding the lives of others in their hands.

A coward is the first one to call the police with guns.
A coward is the first to run at the sight of ANY violence, even without guns.

Guns are used by millions each year to hunt which allows their families to eat.

Guns will NEVER be taken in this country. When that happens, the US will no longer be the US.

It sounds like you OP are the coward....
edit on 07am31amf0000002016-07-27T11:29:13-05:001113 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Plenty of other self-defense products and mechanisms. She could get pretty far with:

A) Being aware and not putting herself in that situation

B) Learn martial arts. Judo is fantastic!

C) Carry a taser of pepper spray.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

There is this new concept in the criminal community called a home invasion.

I'm thinking about putting a Gun Free Zone sign on my house to lure them in. J/K!!

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: DBCowboy

It's even easier to force your opinion on others if you are the only one holding a gun.

My point exactly. If you can't make a rational argument just scare your opponent into submission. #Merica

So why do you want to disarm people so they will be forced to obey an ideology or belief?

Or are you arguing FOR authoritarian government?

Apologies if you are.

Then it makes more sense.

I didn't say anything about disarming people. I just said you're coward if you NEED a gun.

So because I live way out here in the country where it takes first responders 20 to 30 minutes to get to me and my family, where I have had to put down wild dogs, pit vipers, chicken hawks and scare off bobcats, where anyone can walk up on to the property and commit theft of my property and harm to me, my family and my pets/livestock.....makes it to where I need guns....

...and that makes me a "coward"??????

Well, you're entitled to your opinion.......but tell you what. Let me bring you out here, and the next time I have a wild boar going after my chickens, I'll hand you a knife and see how well you do.

edit on 7/27/2016 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Guns are for cowards

So are seat belts then.

Be brave, ride in your car without seat belts, you coward. Drive with no hands, close your eyes. What are you, afraid?

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: scojak

Didnt you read the OP? That doesnt happen anymore, violence is on the decline.

Theres a bar graph to prove it..

link   
I would think a coward is someone who is afraid of owning a gun.

link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Guns are for cowards

So are seat belts then.

Be brave, ride in your car without seat belts, you coward. Drive with no hands, close your eyes. What are you, afraid?

Me thinks he ought to run with scissors too.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   

A) Being aware and not putting herself in that situation - Unless people have specific training this does not work. People do not live Jason Bourne novels in the parking lot of the local WalMart

B) Learn martial arts. Judo is fantastic! - To attempt to flee, yes, but if they have a weapon you are dead

C) Carry a taser of pepper spray. - I have seem convicts and people high on certain drugs laugh it off and fight 4 or 5 cops after a taser of pepper spray.

A gun. When discharged will make 99.9% of all offenders duck and look for cover. You also do not pull unless you intend to shoot. If you do, you shoot to kill and you empty your gun. You then reload and assess. Just like fighting. You do not punch someone once. If you start, it is to incapacitate or kill if threatened.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Your logic is about as reasonable as this womans...

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified
i would be horribly pissed if you compared me to Diane Feinstein.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: KlassifiedRight on Klassified

Truly Klassy!

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Oh well.
Break into my house at night, you will be facing a 'coward' protecting his children.

Call me what you may.

That's a terrible time to break into a house. I would wait till the kids are at school and you're at work.

Sickening response.

Obviously it was meant to be tongue in cheek, but it's very interesting that you didn't actually answer the question.

I feel bad for you if you think a family man or woman defending their family from a violent home invader is a coward. I call anyone who WOULDNT defend their family a coward and a pathetic individual.

And is hilarious that in your OP you clearly show that as gun ownership had increased, violent crime has decreased. Like shooting yourself in the foot much? Oh right...........

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

A coward is described as - "a person who lacks the courage to do or endure dangerous or unpleasant things"

Exactly my point. Use your brain and not a gun. Gun owners rely on steel to solve all their problems.

A coward would be scared to pick up a gun because they do not have the balls to take the responsibility of holding the lives of others in their hands.

That's why guns are for cowards. Too easy to take a life.

A coward is the first one to call the police with guns. A coward is the first to run at the sight of ANY violence, even without guns.

Hasn't happen yet in my 50 years on this planet...

Guns are used by millions each year to hunt which allows their families to eat.

Can't use a bow?

Guns will NEVER be taken in this country. When that happens, the US will no longer be the US.

Cool story...

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Avoid the situation huh?

Tell a woman that's been raped she should have avoided the situation and see how that works for ya.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

a reply to: schuyler

Plenty of other self-defense products and mechanisms. She could get pretty far with:

A) Being aware and not putting herself in that situation

B) Learn martial arts. Judo is fantastic!

C) Carry a taser of pepper spray.

only cowards would use martial arts to hurt another person. Only a coward would use a taser on another person.
And only a tool would try to imply that anyone who owned a gun was a coward.

Gun sales up, crime down. I think it's time you learn how to interpret your graphs.
edit on 27-7-2016 by network dude because: bad spler

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

I suppose its easy to be in favor of gun control when you're surrounded by armed guards. The commoners don't deserve such privileges.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I swear you braindead libtards dont ever read the previous gun threads. You just get all up in your feelings and repost the same weak talking points in a new thread. Go and look. Y'all never win.
I will take great pleasure in dismembering your impotent arguments. See you soon!

edit on 7272016 by MayanBoricua because: Mistakes Were Made

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join