It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guns are for cowards

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz

Maybe if they received proper mental health treatment those shootings might have happened. Maybe if someone actually cared about this guys those shootings might not have happened.

Instead they sat alone consuming hate online....

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   
The "guns and butter" analogy originated in the US around 20 years before Goebells. Poorly executed attempt at the emotional triggers with the Nazi comparison OP. One can also tell that the OP has either very little or no economic education. Guns and Butter is a long used term for comparing consumer vs capital goods and defense vs domestic spending in economics.

Who seems more the coward, one who insists that their right to defense of self through use of guns if need be is immutable, or one that uses terms they don't understand to invoke an emotional response by referring to long a dead propagandist?

I personally think those who fight for gun rights have shown morally remarkable restraint so far in facing and responding to the assault against personal ownership of firearms. So far.

+3 more 
link   
a reply to: TheAmazingYeti

That's a terrible time to break into a house. I would wait till the kids are at school and you're at work.

Planned that out, have we?
I see a bunch of keyboard warriors, telling me I'm a coward for carrying, when mere words send them running to a safe space.

link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

I understand where you're trying to come from. I've lived in Northern Arizona by Camp Verde.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: RobotBomb
That must be why Obama has so many people with guns around him.
This country’s education system is horrible, I hope who ever becomes the next president gets it fixed.

TextThat must be why Obama has so many people with guns around him.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn
Thank you! Common sense, something lacking these days.

I will just say this. At this point, fine. If Yeti feels better calling me a coward, go ahead. At least I won't be a dead coward.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75

I will just say this. At this point, fine. If Yeti feels better calling me a coward, go ahead. At least I won't be a dead coward.

The chances of being shot dead are statistically higher if you own a gun. So enjoy the gun ownership

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Getting a gun is a proactive measure. Mental health treatment is a proactive measure.

Mental health treatment is for cowards.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   

That may be. Speaking for myself, if a violent criminal breaks into my house at 2AM one night, I'd rather take my chances with a weapon to defend myself and my family if need be than in a set of statistics that I read somewhere on the internet.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
There will be a complete ban of guns in the US in the next four years.. only police, military will be carrying guns in the future as it should be and is in the rest of the world.

A person of interest informed me of this.

That may very well come to pass, but it won't come cheap. Unfortunately, a lot of blood will be spilled to accomplish it.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: vor78

ugh... Where did this myth start that criminals are breaking into houses when people are inside the house?

A) Most breakins happen during the day

B) Most breakins are done by people close to you. It's rarely a unknown third party but if it is refer to back to A
edit on 27-7-2016 by TheAmazingYeti because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheAmazingYeti

originally posted by: butcherguy
Oh well.
Break into my house at night, you will be facing a 'coward' protecting his children.

Call me what you may.

That's a terrible time to break into a house. I would wait till the kids are at school and you're at work.

So you break into houses during the day when the kids are at school, is that why you don't want people to have guns, are you afraid to be shot?

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75

The chances of being shot dead are statistically higher if you own a gun. So enjoy the gun ownership

Huh... gun ownership has increased yet gun related deaths have decreased. You can manipulate stats for any agenda.
www.thetruthaboutguns.com...

Obviously your chances of gun death goes up if you own a gun.... Your chances of drowning go up if you own a pool. LOL

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   
When someone is threatening my life I prefer to not fight fair. If that makes me a coward then so be it.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Key word: most. Unlikely, but it does happen.

Still, the point remains. A firearm can be a double-edged sword if you don't know how to use it, but I'd rather have it than a set of statistics in the unlikely event that I do need to defend myself.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Anyone who advocates for only government having guns is begging for a dictatorship.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Oh well.
Break into my house at night, you will be facing a 'coward' protecting his children.

Call me what you may.

By simply contemplating breaking into someones house tells me you have serious issues.

As for firearms, my reasons for owning them are hunting, sport shooting and then self protection. Call me any names that makes you feel better about yourself. I'll be keeping my firearms while you wallow in fear of like minded people like myself.

Carry on tough guy...

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Anyone who advocates for only government having guns is begging for a dictatorship.

Anyone who advocates for only government having guns, is begging to be at the mercy of those who do, and will, no matter what the law says.

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
That's an interesting series of graphs you have. As gun ownership rises, crime declines. Imagine that!

Tell a 110 pound woman who has just been accosted by a 180 pound man she's a "coward" for defending herself with a gun. Hope that works out for you.

new topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join