It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guns are for cowards

page: 25
<< 22  23  24   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Reverting to lurk. I guess some civilians don't actually KNOW what word hard ass means. I got that way BEING this COUNTRY'S sin eaters and I STILL WON. Opinions of WHO I am and ALL the worthless projections I've successfully repelled are only because it is as I have said. I believe it. YOU DON'T then...I GET to know that you are your OEN worst enemies...enjoy your SWEET political melt down Progs...IT'S JUST GETTING STARTED FOR the SLOWER ones.I'M scaring the norms here and being RUDE isn't my thing. I'll GO COLD TURKEY and lay low don't bother responding I won't answer to put it bluntly I HAVE SPOKEN and PRETTY much ...YOU might already KNOW what I would say.

Posting barely comprehensible angry rants but nooo, it's the "Progs" having the meltdown.

Too funny!

Again lurkers, notice the Projection, he posts confused convoluted shouts that have little bearing on the conversation but he claims that "Progs" are having a meltdown.

K~

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: peter vlar

But I'll be damned if I cower under my bed or in a closet while I wait 20 or more minutes for the police to show up when 9 times out of 10 all they're going to do is take a statement and file a report if I happen to be lucky.

In their world view, or many of them anyway, that's actually the bravest of things to do. Cower and pray for help to arrive in the form of ((((drum roll, please)))) a govt guardian angel. How dare you, or I for that matter, have the ability, much less the willingness if necessary, to protect ourselves.

Why, if that continues, we might not need the govt. to run, or attempt to, our lives.

The days where self sufficiency/self reliance was considered a beneficial character trait appear long gone and being a bonafide full time government dependent is now en vogue. Some people are far too quick to cast dispersions and moral judgements when they simply have no context from which to disseminate their position.

The OP for example has stated that they live inside an ivory tower with a doorman so they are completely insulated and isolated from the realities of the broader world around them. People who live in cities, I can almost see how the anti 2A stance is sorta acceptable. In an urban setting, the police are often only a few minutes away vs. 20+ minutes where I live on the edge of the Adirondack State Park, one of the largest in the entire country and we have everything from black bears, coyotes and coydogs to bobcats, to rattlesnake and copperheads. Weve also got small numbers of cougars and wolves rebounding from being extirpated here as recently as a decade ago.

My back yard is likely more dangerous than any situation the OP could imagine himself in. But hey... hugs, good vibes some pepper spray will save the day!! I suppose that people like the OP aren't capable of fathoming being in a position where they hit a deer for example, with their car. The deer isn't killed but is injured enough that it is going to expire and is in severe shock. Would they spray it with pepper spray and hope that it dies? or would they force the animal to suffer until it painfully expires from its injuries?

This actual scenario occurred just a little ways down the road from my house this past winter when I was coming home one night. I didn't hit the deer, I drove past them a few minutes after it happened. The EnCon guy was not available for some reason and as usual, the Sheriff's deputies were 30-40 minutes out from being able to arrive on scene because it wasn't a priority call. My house was 1/8 of a mile away from the accident so I made sure the poor animal did not suffer any longer than was necessary.

The only delay was because I asked the one gentleman to leave before I put the deer down because he had a young boy with him who couldn't have been older than 7 or 8. It was bad enough the kid had to see the deer crumpled up on the side of the road trying to stand with 2 broken legs and what looked like a punctured lung judging by the labored breathing, gurgling sounds and blood seeping out the corner of its mouth. He didn't need to be witness to the animals last moments. It just didn't seem like a pepper spray and hug type of situation. I would be curious as to how the OP or SudoNim would have handled a situation like that. Maybe AmazingYeti would have had his doorman handle it for him.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAmazingYeti
Before guns were invented, everyone used Swords, Bows n Arrows, Spears, blunt weapons and so on. The governments had them, kingdoms had them, bandits had them, and if you were skilled enough or had money law abiding civilians had them too.

What sucked though, was that if a group of roaming bandits 6 deep showed up to your countryside cottage, where you grew your own food and produced stuff to sell at market, you were pretty much #ed unless you were Hercules or you had a big enough family to all be armed.

Guns created a world where that one father can now strike down those six bandits, and stop the pillage and rape of his home/community. People who wants to ban guns are usually bandits that want to rape, loot and pillage, kind of the way BLM instigated in Ferguson and Baltimore.

Yeti, do you want to ban guns just so you can go loot and pillage communities with the terrorist sympathizers in BLM??
I noticed you have taken great offense when people call them out for what they are in other threads.

I will just assume you want guns banned to make it easier to create victims and allowing crime to flourish.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Being only five generations removed from a genuine mountain man great-great, and two great grand fathers who were Civil War veterans, as well as homesteaders, and a grandfather who was a Wyoming cowboy, and a Roaring twenties, and Depression era county sherriff, and my parents were Depression era farm kids...self-sufficiency was/is a mantra I try to live by. I grew up with it. Gardens, usually large ones, every spring and summer. Hunting in the fall to supplement, turkey, venison, elk, upland bird, and fishing for trout, catfish, salmon. We were, and I am, my own master...I rely on no one but myself, and my family and friends.

I refuse to allow others to dictate, to a point, how I live my life. That means that pistol, actually two, in my desk drawers, and in a holster at the small of my back, along with the folding knife in my pocket. Some call it paranoia. Some call it living in fear. They're certainly welcome to call it whatever they wish. I look at it in the same way I look at the fire extinguishers that are in the garage, kitchen, and basement. ...and the canned food, dried food sitting in the pantry. Prepared for the worst, while hoping for the best.

The OP, and others, want to live in their guarded little worlds? Let 'em, they're harming me not in the slightest. Nor I them, though they seem to think otherwise for some odd reason.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: SudoNim

YEah moron, most uses of a gun to prevent a crime go UNREPORTED...LOL

Jaden

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 03:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Masterjaden

Jaden

Wouldn't that be illegal?... LOL!

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 03:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

We were, and I am, my own master...I rely on no one but myself, and my family and friends.

I refuse to allow others to dictate, to a point, how I live my life. That means that pistol, actually two, in my desk drawers, and in a holster at the small of my back, along with the folding knife in my pocket. Some call it paranoia. Some call it living in fear. They're certainly welcome to call it whatever they wish. I look at it in the same way I look at the fire extinguishers that are in the garage, kitchen, and basement. ...and the canned food, dried food sitting in the pantry. Prepared for the worst, while hoping for the best.

The OP, and others, want to live in their guarded little worlds? Let 'em, they're harming me not in the slightest. Nor I them, though they seem to think otherwise for some odd reason.

Absolute BS. You rely on a lot more, you rely on your electricity provider, you rely on the fire extinguisher manufacturer. You rely on the animals you hunt and the crops your plant, you rely on the weather. You rely on the Government, like it or not.

The arrogance and delusion drips off you, you pick and choose a couple things that you do for yourself and claim your self-made.

If you don't rely on anyone why don't you go live in isolation on some island somewhere, but oh no, your here on ATS, this self-sustaining grand-mountain man decides to spend his time surfing the internet.

pistol, actually two, in my desk drawers, and in a holster at the small of my back, along with the folding knife in my pocket

guarded little worlds?

Haha, Rambo here arms himself to the teeth just to walk outside the house and claims other people are in "guarded little worlds?"

Prepare for the worst? Do you walk around with a cyanide pill in your mouth just in case your captured? Are you typing this while cowering in your nuclear bunker just in case someone fires one while you sleep? Spend your whole life "preparing for the worse", canned food in the pantry. Jesus, enjoy yourself. You sound like your just waiting for death, its depressing.

What a ridiculous fantasy.
edit on 2-8-2016 by SudoNim because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Well then blame your own party because the left is who armed the rebels committing terrible acts upon Unarmed civilians.

This thread makes me want to go by a gun. With all the corruption regarding the Democrats, I feel doing the opposite of what they want as a good thing.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Rambo? Oh, you wound me so much...I'm gonna go cry now.

Armed to the teeth? A knife (three inch blade), and a handgun that I'm licensed to carry is armed to the teeth? Really?

You seek to belittle and to defame, and failed at both.

SSGT Arthur John Rambo.

Silver Star citation.

Rambo? I could do worse.

Good day, sirrah.

edit on 8/2/2016 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: SudoNim

originally posted by: Masterjaden

Jaden

Wouldn't that be illegal?... LOL!

Probably not, if it was an attempted crime, victim pulls his licensed arm and the criminal backs off.

Not reporting that is not illegal

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I didn't report when I had to pull my sidearm. Yet it DID stop the man that was coming to attack me.....next

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Do you walk around with a cyanide pill in your mouth just in case your captured?

OF COURSE I WALK AROUND WITH A CYANIDE PILL IN MY MOUTH! jeez, what kind of question is that dummy. tastes not bad when it leaks too. Kind of like the tears of a hater knowing their foreign leaders influence in USA is about to go goodbye.

mmm, cyanide, try some today!

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75
I didn't report when I had to pull my sidearm. Yet it DID stop the man that was coming to attack me.....next

Someone was coming to attack you and you didn't report it?

So you just let the man go without alerting the police?

What kind of selfish act is that? When he attacks someone else that will be on your head.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: AmericanRealist

Do you walk around with a cyanide pill in your mouth just in case your captured?

OF COURSE I WALK AROUND WITH A CYANIDE PILL IN MY MOUTH! jeez, what kind of question is that dummy. tastes not bad when it leaks too. Kind of like the tears of a hater knowing their foreign leaders influence in USA is about to go goodbye.

mmm, cyanide, try some today!

Are you the guy who spams my Message inbox with the word TROLL over and over?

What foreign leader are you talking about here?

p.s I love that gif *steals it*
edit on 2-8-2016 by SudoNim because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Oh, do you miss the postcards??

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Gun restrictions are for cowards. Trump needs to show the world, especially the EU, how it's done, the cowboys way.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheAmazingYeti

Even though violent crime has been on the decline

So, to support your argument that people don't need guns because the NRA is making up threats, you post two graphs showing that, as legal private gun ownership increases, violent crime decreases - which is essentially what the NRA and others claim would happen.

Did you think this through before posting? Or is this really a subtle advert supporting the pro-gun side of the debate?

Edited to add: also, which admittedly may or may not vitiate my point though I believe it still stands, the graph you posted refers to a specific subset of firearms, not firearms as a whole. "NFA" firearms refers to things like short barreled rifles, silencers, etc, that require additional paperwork and tax stamps to own.

Perhaps this has already been addressed, but who has the time to read the whole thread before wading in

Edited again to add: Didn't notice this is a necro-thread recently bumped!

edit on Ev38TuesdayTuesdayAmerica/ChicagoTue, 13 Jun 2017 07:38:14 -05005682017b by EvillerBob because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Ill just say yes Americans are afraid of darn near every thing and ever one here every one is a crimial .
Thye are afriad of tehre own Goverment so much teh very FIRST thing they say but we need to protect our self from them .
Now what if in 1928-33 when Hitler was rising to power ever time he knocked on a jews door they answered with a gun in there hands > what if ? ww 2 would probly have never happened you think ?
kinda hard to oppress people who are better armed then the military .
So wile i dont feal teh need for gun its mostly because I know if it came down to brass bricks there would be 10000 people beside me who do have them ( and i am sure fighting the same people they will be happy to hand me a extra .
No the human race isnt ready to coexisist we fight and kill our own familys and you would trust a stranger to protect you?
so yes we are afraid with good reasion we KNOW what will Not what if happens and when it does we will fight back .
heck of a lot more likly in your country tehn here happened befor will ahppen aging stand and fight or sit and die bullets dont care what you call them .

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   
banning guns might indeed work if you are willing to risk it all one day but the right to bear arms is integral part of the constitution and represents the social contract between the people to defend and protect each other when the state can't.

once you destroy or trample over one part of it you set the stage for the whole thing to be tossed out and the thing westerners don't seem to grasp about liberty and democratic principles is that it is filled with risk and danger because it's unrestrained and free, once you restrict the core principles of democracy and republicanism you will lose it at some point in time.

risks and danger push humanity forward and without it we will lose what makes us human and we will stagnate and eventually die out.

so you got a choice: safety because you let fear and paranoia control you or liberty because you see the risks being worth the long term benefit to mankind.

top topics

<< 22  23  24   >>

join