It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guns are for cowards

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
a reply to: SudoNim

The story I fabricated?
You are probably one of the biggest reasons I avoid the mupit.
Too many people urinating in it.
You might want to put it back in your pants or just keep waving it around so everyone knows you for what you are.

Didn't think you'd answer my question.
How is your gun going to stop a drive-by shooting?

An individual story holds no more weight than a fabricated one on here. Unsubstantiated and a parochial attitude towards the bigger picture.

It has no place or point in this thread.
edit on 29-7-2016 by SudoNim because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheAmazingYeti

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: TheAmazingYeti

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: TheAmazingYeti

It's even easier to force your opinion on others if you are the only one holding a gun.

My point exactly. If you can't make a rational argument just scare your opponent into submission. #Merica

So why do you want to disarm people so they will be forced to obey an ideology or belief?

Or are you arguing FOR authoritarian government?

Apologies if you are.

Then it makes more sense.

I didn't say anything about disarming people. I just said you're coward if you NEED a gun.
too

too late to crawdaddy back out of it....guns do not hate or fear, they work as a tool....this world has lotsa tools. this kind of tool allows walks in the Alaska wilds with ones grandkids....I
likey....

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   

You ask a lot of questions of us here for a person that has not answered a single one

it is almost like the guy is fishing here

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: tow69

It has nothing to do with agree or leave the option is yours....

But just like your right to run your mouth - 1st Amendment

We have our right to bear arms - 2nd amendment

No one here is trying to stop or take away your right so why infringe or even question ours

If you don't like guns don't buy one. Very simple

I don't care for horror films so I choose not to watch one... Make Since

Neither of those Amendments mean f*ck all to me.

Why question the right to own a gun? You don't want people to question whether something is right or wrong? Because someone hundreds of years ago wrote it down on a piece of paper? You now won't let anyone question it? Open your god-damn mind.

Not watching a horror film doesn't murder 30 people a day.
America's gun fetish does. Make sense?

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: SudoNim

Neither of those Amendments mean f*ck all to me.

Why question the right to own a gun? You don't want people to question whether something is right or wrong? Because someone hundreds of years ago wrote it down on a piece of paper? You now won't let anyone question it? Open your god-damn mind.

Not watching a horror film doesn't murder 30 people a day.
America's gun fetish does. Make sense?

this is the 3rd time you love the F bomb

well maybe it is time your booted from the site

does anyone second the motion?

edit on 29-7-2016 by tow69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   

You ask a lot of questions of us here for a person that has not answered a single one

it is almost like the guy is fishing here

What question haven't I answered? It's hard to keep track when the same nuts come in with the same response asking the same questions.

I answer them, they blame the government for biased statistics. Or tell me a story of how they protected their family with their gun, like it makes difference.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   

save your A$$.

Care to join me?

I mean if thats your only answer to my questions I guess you've already admitted your wrong.

I don't remember profanity being something thats frowned upon, but I can't recall the full terms and conditions.
If this site does want to censor what words people use then I'll happily stop.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   

save your A$$.

Care to join me?

I mean if thats your only answer to my questions I guess you've already admitted your wrong.

I don't remember profanity being something thats frowned upon, but I can't recall the full terms and conditions.
If this site does want to censor what words people use then I'll happily stop.

Why not just STOP for your fellow man.... Once in a while it maybe required to get a point across.

But you use it almost every single response

don't worry I got slapped yesterday for my pie whole comment

I am sure repeated F bombs doesn't work here but that is common since

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Why not just STOP for your fellow man.... Once in a while it maybe required to get a point across.

But you use it almost every single response

don't worry I got slapped yesterday for my pie whole comment

I am sure repeated F bombs doesn't work here but that is common since

I'll stop if you give up your gun. Fair trade yeah?
I use profanity in every day life, I tend to type as a I speak. If it really matters I will make the effort to not use them.

It's also common sense, not since.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Give up my firearms?

LMAO, the only thing you'll get is a polite f## k off. And yes, we'll be keeping our firearms.

Your move...

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I think I will refer to this user as HILLARY going forward

Hillary - If we all typed like we spoke in every day life we might offend you.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK
Owning an effective tool for protecting your family does not make you a "gun nut," it makes you smart.

Please provide evidence that a gun is an effective tool for protecting your family.

Because statistics prove it isn't.

I would agree, alone, a firearm is not sufficient to provide protection for one's family.

But for my 80 year old grandmother, who also has alarms, motion sensor lights and good doors it provides the perception of reduction of risk.

Read that carefully. It is part of a layered plan which is unlikely to ever be used, to provide the sense of risk reduction. She sleeps better at night. Is she safer? Not from a home invasion by a team of elite predatory criminals.

Let me ask you, because I'm beginning to get a sense you have a hidden agenda...

1) Have you ever been bullied? If so, when and how.
2) Has someone in your family been harmed by a firearm? If so, some details without compromising them, would be nice.

Would you really BE safer if people gave up their firearms? I don't think it would have any effect. Would it reduce your perception of risk? Perhaps, but so would staying out of bars and dark alleys to about the same degree in reality.

To me, if the answers to 1) and 2) above are 'no', then you really have no dog in this fight. Maybe give it up?

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   

It's my 2nd Amendment right to own and bear arms. It's just as much my right as is freedom of speech, or freedom to freely exercise my religion.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dragoon01

Actually I have saved someone with a gun.
I was armed in a convenient store and my presence prevented someone from committing a crime.

How do you know he was going to commit a crime?

You would have needed to be there to understand it. Not going to explain the entire situation.
Dont get me wrong I did not have to draw down on anyone, but I stayed there because I was armed and capable of dealing with the act if it had escalated. The bad guy was aware of me being there and kept looking at me and when he realized I was not leaving and not backing down he ran out and peeled out of the parking lot.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Maverick7

originally posted by: GoShredAK
Owning an effective tool for protecting your family does not make you a "gun nut," it makes you smart.

Let me ask you, because I'm beginning to get a sense you have a hidden agenda...

1) Have you ever been bullied? If so, when and how.
2) Has someone in your family been harmed by a firearm? If so, some details without compromising them, would be nice.

Would you really BE safer if people gave up their firearms? I don't think it would have any effect. Would it reduce your perception of risk? Perhaps, but so would staying out of bars and dark alleys to about the same degree in reality.

To me, if the answers to 1) and 2) above are 'no', then you really have no dog in this fight. Maybe give it up?

So, if he's never been bullied, who are cowards by the way, and if he's never been shot or know someone to be shot he should give up the fight to end gun violence? LOL pathetic.

We NEED to prevent these kind of stories. Note these are sample from only that past few days.

Child injured after accidentally shooting himself

1 Person Accidentally Shot at Granbury Wal-Mart: Police

Security Guard Accidentally Shoots Friend In Buttocks At Ross Park Mall

Fort Worth PD: 16-year-old accidentally shot with gun found in creek

Why Mom Doesn't Blame Her Husband After He Accidentally Killed 14-Year-Old Son at Gun Range

Teenager dies after she was 'accidentally' shot in the face by a relative

edit on 29-7-2016 by TheAmazingYeti because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-7-2016 by TheAmazingYeti because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Actually I have saved someone with a gun.
I was armed in a convenient store and my presence prevented someone from committing a crime.

How do you know he was going to commit a crime?

You would have needed to be there to understand it. Not going to explain the entire situation.

Is that BS I smell?

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Accidents Yeti, accidents.

They happen, and nothing you do will prevent that. Gun accidents are not even close to being the top cause of accidental death in this country. Even if they were it would be no reason to ban them. Cars are the top BTW but we dont seem to be clamoring for a ban of cars now do we?

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   
We can all do links. This is America and I have the Right to Bear Arms. You also have the right to your opinion, but your words don't remove my rights.

Woman saves boyfriend with gun

Woman saves herself from attackers

Why would you take these people's lives? If they didn't have guns they might not be alive....but they are cowards to you????

And since you are SOOOOO stuck on accidents:

Nearly 1.3 million people die in road crashes each year, on average 3,287 deaths a day. An additional 20-50 million are injured or disabled. More than half of all road traffic deaths occur among young adults ages 15-44.

Road Crash Statistics - Asirt

asirt.org/initiatives/informing-road-users/road-safety-facts/road-crash-statistics

edit on 7/29/2016 by Martin75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Dont give a crap if you believe it or not and never once insinuated I was "heroic".

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   
You're including cops and soldiers, right? Riiight.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join