It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guns are for cowards

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 02:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: SudoNim

originally posted by: GoShredAK
a reply to: SudoNim
Owning an effective tool for protecting your family does not make you a "gun nut," it makes you smart.

Please provide evidence that a gun is an effective tool for protecting your family.

Because statistics prove it isn't.

Statistics haven't proven they AREN'T effective tools either. The government has refused to allow a truly unbiased study of the issue.

People like you assume that defensive gun use has to end with someone getting shot, and that is not the case. Sometimes the mere presence of a gun is enough to de-escalate a situation. I've seen this particular scenario twice in my life myself, and I'm only 25, and I've been in the military since I was 19 (got out in 2014)

Also, you should turn on the news once in a while. Unless you live in some Fascist Anti-Gun state, defensive gun uses happen fairly often.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 02:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: AceWombat04
I don't own a gun and likely never will. I loath guns personally. But risk of danger is the cost of liberty, and I will not advocate any gun or ammunition bans for those who don't feel as I do about them. Background checks, closing loopholes, etc. I am all for. Perhaps even mandatory safety training and usage instruction, as we have for operating vehicles. I could get behind that. But banning specific guns or ammunition (unless we're talking about absurdities like wanting to own and use tanks for personal defense etc.) is not something I can support.

Liberty is more important than safety.

Again, I loath guns and want nothing to do with them, but that's where I stand. Am I a coward?

Peace.

If more Anti-Gunners had your attitude, gun owners like myself would be a whole lot less on edge. In reality, I could get behind most of the stuff you just said in your short post, but because I know that's how mainstream Anti-Gunners work, I will fight against them tooth and nail. Anti-Gunners like to play the long game - death by a thousand cuts. Mandatory safety training before buying a firearm is a fine and dandy idea, but after that might be passed, then Anti-Gunners would do something absurd like instead of just an overall safety class, require a different safety class for each type of weapon (revolver, pistol, shotgun, rifle) for example, when in reality it would do naught, if anything at all to increase "gun safety".

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 02:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kromlech

a reply to: TheLaughingGod

Do you know many people outside the realms of fantasy. I mean we aren't all fictional characters from a WarHammer book.

This isn't about freedom or being pro/anti government. Its about common sense.

You are a bigger threat to your own family than any criminal will ever be if you own a gun. Dress it anyway you like.

You pick and choose what you want the Government to do for you. Here you sit on your computer, using electricity to access the internet and complain that people don't do everything for themselves. Hypocrisy, thy name is you.

Criminals with guns committing crimes FAR OUTWEIGH a few mishaps in the homes of gun owners. How much crime have you read about today?? ENDLESS. NO one is saying mishaps "don't" happen. But crime blatantly outweighs said "mishaps." There are RESPONSIBLE gun owners, and there are IRRESPONSIBLE ones. Can you not decipher between the two?

I can decipher between the two. Also the crime committed by PREVIOUSLY RESPONSIBLE gun owners OUTWEIGHS the crime it prevents.

What i'm saying is even responsible gun owners AREN'T protecting their family.

Lets put this into a picture to help you understand.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 02:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: chuck258
Statistics haven't proven they AREN'T effective tools either. The government has refused to allow a truly unbiased study of the issue.

How f*cking convenient.

In the face of overwhelming evidence you just fall back to "the government is against us".

It's this ignorance that stops America from tackling its clear problem with violence and death.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 03:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: six67seven
a reply to: TheAmazingYeti

This is the mudpit, correct? Yes?!? Good, lets get to it. You are a Grade A idiot and ignorant of, well many things, but first and foremost a cornerstone of America.

Another cornerstone is the freedom of speech, which is your right and I respect that but I dont have to respect you or your opinion....in addition, freedom of speech provides idiots like you the platform to step out into the light and expose your idiocy.

Someone with your intellect would next get on their soapbox about the danger of knives, trucks and pressure-cookers, and how anyone who uses them is a coward.

Keep up the good work!!

The stupidity is just dripping off this one.

Comparing guns to pressure cookers?

Pressure cookers do their job more often than they kill people.
Guns don't.

Having a gun isn't protecting your family more than if you didn't have a gun.

If guns work which is crime so f*cking high?

It might work if the average American were educated, open-minded and not racist. I mean look at the Swiss.

Unfortunately Americas gun fascination and homicide rates are more in line with Iraq and Swaziland than any other civilised country.

Educate yourself on how the rest of the world dealt with the problem, stop shrinking back into your pathetic shells and hiding behind the piece of sh1t nonsense of your bastardised views of the amendment.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 03:28 AM
link   

I thought we already told what a fool you are like ...MANY times.
Run away little funny colored toy,Your ideology is burning down.
SEEMS YOU guys didn't know they were LIARS ,WE HAVE TOLD you but GUESS how you acted?
JUST like this, THROWING a desperate wail of HORROR like a scene from "TWILIGHT" or less.
YOUR SAVIOR has LITTLE time to accomplish your HOPLIPHOBIC DREAM......we won't, THAT'S IT.
LEARN the real world then come back little girl ,adults are going to take over the country.
NO MORE PARTICIPATION TROPHIES.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 04:51 AM
link   

a reply to: TheLaughingGod

Do you know many people outside the realms of fantasy. I mean we aren't all fictional characters from a WarHammer book.

This isn't about freedom or being pro/anti government. Its about common sense.

You are a bigger threat to your own family than any criminal will ever be if you own a gun. Dress it anyway you like.

You pick and choose what you want the Government to do for you. Here you sit on your computer, using electricity to access the internet and complain that people don't do everything for themselves. Hypocrisy, thy name is you.

Criminals with guns committing crimes FAR OUTWEIGH a few mishaps in the homes of gun owners. How much crime have you read about today?? ENDLESS. NO one is saying mishaps "don't" happen. But crime blatantly outweighs said "mishaps." There are RESPONSIBLE gun owners, and there are IRRESPONSIBLE ones. Can you not decipher between the two?

I can decipher between the two. Also the crime committed by PREVIOUSLY RESPONSIBLE gun owners OUTWEIGHS the crime it prevents.

What i'm saying is even responsible gun owners AREN'T protecting their family.

Lets put this into a picture to help you understand.

GOOD! You CAN decipher between the two!? Astonishing! We are making progress! Good. There's hope for you yet. Let us conclude the matter in a narration that's BASED ON COMMON SENSE, shall we? Cool. GOOD people with guns = a good thing. Bad people with guns = a BAD THING. Responsible gun owners = a good thing. Irresponsible gun owners = a bad thing. Still confused on what "irresponsible" means? All gun owners = "irresponsible" according to the IGNORANT?? AGAIN, FOR THE SIMPLE-MINDED: Responsible gun owners = a good thing, irresponsible gun owners = a bad thing. IF A CHILD BLOWS HIS HEAD OFF = IRRESPONSIBLE GUN OWNER. Tah-duh. Still having trouble deciphering betwixt the two?
edit on 29-7-2016 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 06:41 AM
link   

GOOD people with guns = a good thing.

Wrong. Completely. Is a good person with a nuke a good thing? It's not GOOD its just better than it being in a bad guys hands.

Just because a GOOD person has something doesn't make that something GOOD, does it? Even if it does(which it clearly doesn't), who judges if someone is GOOD, because everyone thinks they are, everyone thinks they are a responsible person.

You logic failed at the first sentence. Try again, come back when you have something sensible to contribute.

edit on 29-7-2016 by SudoNim because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Us cowards are the reason the US has never been invaded by a foreign army.

That said, when are you tough guys going to attempt to disarm us cowards?

I'll be over here waiting...

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9

No, you actually have f*ck all to do with it. Who needs a foreign army when you kill each other.

You'll be disarmed when the law changes. Until then I'm just trying to get it through your skull that you are not a hero you fantasise of being. You are a threat to your family members lives. An unnecessary one.

Your actions are either uneducated, selfish, cowardice or murderous. I feel sorry for anyone who has to live with a gun in their home, every child that's put under unnecessary risk by their egotistical father.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   
So I have been reading all this and was even verbally attacked by TheAmazingYeti

So I keep hearing the NO GUN FOLKS saying they want America just like the rest of the world

Well if you Anti-Gun lovin folks don't like OUR laws ---- Than Leave

There are plenty of places you can live where folks don't have guns, you should feel really safe there

As for America we have our Constitution to defend, the oath is below.. Ohh it is the same oath every President, Secretary of State, Current and former Military personnel, Police Officer ECT.... take at the time of service

I wonder how many ANTI-GUN folks have raised their hands for the oath????????

"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God." (Title 10, US Code; Act of 5 May 1960 replacing the wording first adopted in 1789, with amendment effective 5 October 1962).

"I, _____ (SSAN), having been appointed an officer in the Army of the United States, as indicated above in the grade of _____ do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic, that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office upon which I am about to enter; So help me God." (DA Form 71, 1 August 1959, for officers.)

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I NEED a gun if I want to protect my wife or myself.
I'm disabled and couldn't beat up a 4th grader nor can I just run away from trouble.
Thanks for the label, I'll put my coward sign right next to my useless eater plaque.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: tow69
So I have been reading all this and was even verbally attacked by TheAmazingYeti

So I keep hearing the NO GUN FOLKS saying they want America just like the rest of the world

Well if you Anti-Gun lovin folks don't like OUR laws ---- Than Leave

There are plenty of places you can live where folks don't have guns, you should feel really safe there

As for America we have our Constitution to defend, the oath is below.. Ohh it is the same oath every President, Secretary of State, Current and former Military personnel, Police Officer ECT.... take at the time of service

I wonder how many ANTI-GUN folks have raised their hands for the oath????????

"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God." (Title 10, US Code; Act of 5 May 1960 replacing the wording first adopted in 1789, with amendment effective 5 October 1962).

"I, _____ (SSAN), having been appointed an officer in the Army of the United States, as indicated above in the grade of _____ do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic, that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office upon which I am about to enter; So help me God." (DA Form 71, 1 August 1959, for officers.)

So people aren't allowed to try and change something that they think is wrong?

They should leave? What kind of country does that sound like to you?

You do realise that the 2nd Amendment... is an Amendment, and that its interpretation to allow such open gun ownership has been changed before? Why were people(NRA) allowed to do that? Why didn't you tell them f*ck off at that point?

Agree with me or leave. Dictatorship?
And those civilised places that don't have guns, are much safer.

Who gives a sh1t about some juvenile prayer to a fictional God, what the hell does the oath have to do with it.

Its a childs argument. I solemnly swear to do whatever anyone tells me and no think for myself. Sheep.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9

Technically speaking the British did burn down Washington, DC.
We've been invaded but never militarily overpowered.
Unfortunately, guns are of little use when your own government sells you out.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
I NEED a gun if I want to protect my wife or myself.
I'm disabled and couldn't beat up a 4th grader nor can I just run away from trouble.
Thanks for the label, I'll put my coward sign right next to my useless eater plaque.

How do you think all the disabled people cope in the other countries that don't allow just about anyone to own a gun?
They all just get shot and killed straight away do they? None of them own guns? How could they possibly survive?

Why the hell do you think you NEED a gun? Why is this ingrained in Americans, the NEED for a gun. No you don't.

Your wife is more likely to be shot by that same gun than you ever using that gun to protect her. So great job.

Such a paranoid place.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Not everyone lives in a gated community.
My wife was the victim of an attempted mugging by 3 men in her own front yard.
It wasn't the sight of my cat that made them run, care to guess what did?
Ever had a drive by shooting at your house?
I have.
Fact is I don't need any excuse at all to own a firearm any more than you require a license to type your opinions.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Gated community? Hahaha barely anyone outside of America lives in a gated community. Delusional.

So one example of it working is enough to justify it? You know sometimes you hit 21 at blackjack. Doesn't mean the odds are in your favour.

What happens next time, when one of them sees your gun and decides to get his gun out? And so do the other two?
This just went from a mugging to a double homicide. But hey! You did it once right?
Or you trip when going for your gun and accidentally shoot someone. Or someone steals your gun. Or your wife gets down and decides to use it to kill herself.

All these things are more likely than that story you fabricated.

Nope, no drive by shootings at my house. Mainly because there are no guns. I don't have to live in fear.

How is your gun going to stop a drive-by shooting?

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   

The story I fabricated?
You are probably one of the biggest reasons I avoid the mupit.
Too many people urinating in it.
You might want to put it back in your pants or just keep waving it around so everyone knows you for what you are.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   

It has nothing to do with agree or leave the option is yours....

But just like your right to run your mouth - 1st Amendment

We have our right to bear arms - 2nd amendment

No one here is trying to stop or take away your right so why infringe or even question ours

If you don't like guns don't buy one. Very simple

I don't care for horror films so I choose not to watch one... Make Since

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Need. I read this a lot in the gun arguments. Need.

I need to eat.
I need water to live.
I need air to breathe.

That is it. Those are my needs.

From here, I can choose to protect myself with whatever I see fit. If I choose a gun it is my choice. It is my right. It is not a need.

A lot more people than you think carry. A lot. The little old lady. The middle aged school teacher. The kids who works late. Millions of gun owners.

There are a lot of other things this country should work on before trying to ban guns.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join