It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guns are for cowards

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: TheAmazingYeti

I find it funny that your proof was the fact crime has gone down while gun ownership has gone up. Coincidence?
edit on 27-7-2016 by ProjectedLogic because: spelling

+15 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheAmazingYeti

I didn't say anything about disarming people. I just said you're coward if you NEED a gun.

Ya, pulling a shotgun on a couple of armed home-invaders is cowardly. You go ahead and stay brave, though. Use your kitchen knife or baseball bat and let me know how that works out for you.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Guns are the ONLY thing keeping the ner-do-wells at bay, and there are hundreds of millions of those is the US.

People who will take by force whatever they like when facing an unarmed victim.

The human animal is nowhere near a point in its evolution where it can be trusted to behave itself.

It'll be thousands of years, if ever.

This is why police carry guns and why you should too.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I know a guy that says the same thing.."I have never needed a gun, so why should anyone else?"

It's funny because he has lived In rich white area his entire life, aside from studying abroad in Prague that is...

So yea the spoiled kids from the suburbs whos probably never been smacked on the mouth can speak for everyone on who what and why a firearm might be needed or desired..

Typical.

Not that that's you... But you sure remind me of him.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Tell that to my buddy who lives on a ranch in north wyoming and regularly has to deal with packs of wolves and brown bear in his back yard and carrys a gun on him at all times to protect himself and his family and employees.

edit on 27-7-2016 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: scojak

I didn't say anything about disarming people. I just said you're coward if you NEED a gun.

Ya, pulling a shotgun on a couple of armed home-invaders is cowardly. You go ahead and stay brave, though. Use your kitchen knife or baseball bat and let me know how that works out for you.

Having a gun in the house inscreases the chance of being killed. I'll stick with the kitchen knife and security system. I might even add another dog...

Fun fact: did you know that most home invasions happen around lunch time because everyone is usually running errands or at work.

Here's an interesting read.
Guns: Feeling Safe Does Not Equal Being Safe

Despite the widely held belief that guns are effective for protection, our results suggest that they actually pose a substantial threat to members of the household. People who keep guns in their homes appear to be at greater risk of homicide in the home than people who do not. Most of this risk is due to a substantially greater risk of homicide at the hands of a family member or intimate acquaintance. We did not find evidence of a protective effect of keeping a gun in the home, even in the small subgroup of cases that involved forced entry.

edit on 27-7-2016 by TheAmazingYeti because: (no reason given)

+12 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Another left wing shill bait thread.

Don't feed the trolls

+9 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   

When you don't have a gun, you'll cower in fear of the one who does.

So who's the coward again?

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   

A coward is a coward but you actually have people that have pure cowards blood and those are the ones we need to watch out for.

James Holmes, Jared Loughner and Dylann Roof

A pure coward is just like a sheeple they don't think for themselves and are oblivious to proper change,and its sad.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Oh well.
Break into my house at night, you will be facing a 'coward' protecting his children.

Call me what you may.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Oh well.
Break into my house at night, you will be facing a 'coward' protecting his children.

Call me what you may.

That's a terrible time to break into a house. I would wait till the kids are at school and you're at work.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I guess so, but the only cowards I see are those who have so much fear of their own law-abiding neighbors and fellow citizens and their right to use an inanimate object to defend themselves and their families from criminals.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   

I get your point, and don't totally disagree to the extent that yes, cowards love guns... but neither do I totally agree, because not all gun owners are cowards. For those with the courage and strength to put themselves in harm's way for the greater good, weapons are invaluable in leveling the playing field.

But I am disappointed that for so many, shooting someone is their first resort in any conflict. Guns are only good for so much. Real solutions for the many problems facing us requires words and reason.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: vor78
I guess so, but the only cowards I see are those who have so much fear of their own law-abiding neighbors and fellow citizens and their right to use an inanimate object to defend themselves and their families from criminals.

Maybe you should shed the fear and try on a little love and compassion with a dash of empathy. It's a great way to live.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: vor78

Maybe you should shed the fear and try on a little love and compassion with a dash of empathy. It's a great way to live.

That would've totally worked with lanza, Holmes, mateen, right?

We should've just stopped them with hugs!

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Here's an experiment:

Go into a gang infested inner city area and tell the gang members cowards have guns. See how it works out with people who kill over the color of your clothes or how you looked at someone.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   
When a meth head is coming at you with a knife, I'd like to see you try to talk him out of it. Really, really like to see it. Please, go to a bad neighborhood and hang out for a while. When you get the sh** beat out of you and robbed, don't call the guys with guns to come and save you.
BS like this, just goes to show what a protected little world you live in.
You guys can't have it both ways. Either there are a bunch of dangerous guns owners running around or we are all safe and snug. Which is it?

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   

You're the one that started this thread calling people cowards. Maybe you should practice what you preach and instead try to understand why others hold the views that they do rather than by insulting them.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Total fail. Here's why:

I spent most of my life living in NYC and never owned a gun and never felt the need to own a gun.
The gun laws in NYC are the strictest in the country and NO ONE has a gun except for law officers and gangsters.

I've been jumped several times by gangs of 15-16 year old thugs (each "kid" was twice my size) and none of them had a gun either.
Even if they did, I never saw it, there was no need.

Flash forward to today.
I now live deep in the woods in Appalachia.
I have no neighbors and there is nothing but wilderness surrounding me for miles and miles.

I have a gun.
To protect my family and pets from coyotes, possum, etc.
I also have a gun because I live many miles from the nearest town.

Out here in the middle of nowhere with the "police" being at least 30 minutes away from "responding" I now absolutely understand the importance of having at the very least a shotgun.

This has nothing to do with the liberal mindset of "coward", etc.

These people just don't see things from my perspective. And I should know because I am from both worlds.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join