It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guns are for cowards

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I don't own a gun and likely never will. I loath guns personally. But risk of danger is the cost of liberty, and I will not advocate any gun or ammunition bans for those who don't feel as I do about them. Background checks, closing loopholes, etc. I am all for. Perhaps even mandatory safety training and usage instruction, as we have for operating vehicles. I could get behind that. But banning specific guns or ammunition (unless we're talking about absurdities like wanting to own and use tanks for personal defense etc.) is not something I can support.

Liberty is more important than safety.

Again, I loath guns and want nothing to do with them, but that's where I stand. Am I a coward?

Peace.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAmazingYeti

UNLESS they are strong enough to handle the HONESTY of it.
Lack of fear does that.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

Doubtful. So you're saying there will be a civil war? Because that's how you start a civil war.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   

This is the mudpit, correct? Yes?!? Good, lets get to it. You are a Grade A idiot and ignorant of, well many things, but first and foremost a cornerstone of America.

Another cornerstone is the freedom of speech, which is your right and I respect that but I dont have to respect you or your opinion....in addition, freedom of speech provides idiots like you the platform to step out into the light and expose your idiocy.

Someone with your intellect would next get on their soapbox about the danger of knives, trucks and pressure-cookers, and how anyone who uses them is a coward.

Keep up the good work!!

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   

I dont own a gun, but yes I would fear losing my life in an unfair fight. If you have one and are trying to hurt me, I will get one, out of self preservation, FEAR of death. I say keep it even. Let people do what our laws allow.

Its so much more than even our generation is dealing with. One generation of dumbass useful idiots advocating against weapons and those who want them is just little spittle in the bucket.

Historically, newly freed slaves were denied access to weapons. They fought for that right, and ultimately saved many of their own lives and property when they got that right secured as law.

In their fight it was established that SELF DEFENCE is a natural right that superscedes all organic law, and weapons are useful to that end.

I guess they were pussies.

edit on 7 28 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: six67seven

Someone with your intellect would next get on their soapbox about the danger of knives, trucks and pressure-cookers, and how anyone who uses them is a coward.

Keep up the good work!!

Everybody should have a mora knife. Toyota Tacoma's are the best pickup trucks and All American makes the best pressure cooker.

I love you.

Harry

edit on 28-7-2016 by TheAmazingYeti because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Typical statement by Egotistical cowards with their guilt trip tactics to make you feel inadequate or weak ,the people who say this are the same gutless wonders that Force the rifles into innocent young mens hands ,to go out an kill other innocent young men in times of war, while they sit at home cringing in fear, getting others to protect them and handing out white feathers to those that dont want to fight .When they feel threatened , who do they call ? the ''cowards with guns'' ,The Police .I cant wait to see these cowards who were bent on and helped ban guns ,being loaded onto U.N trucks on their way to the Concentration Camps, while they whine and cry ,why didnt someone stop this from happening boo hoo ,where are my children boo hoo .These gutless heroic crusaders against the EVIL inanimate objects that ''cause all the problems in the world '' and dumbly and naively think this will bring peace to the world ha ha ,wait to be doubled Crossed you dummies

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I am the one, don't weigh a ton
Don't need a gun to get respect
up on the street
- Denzel Curry

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: everyonedies

Darkness is pervading,I become darker.
GRAY is a nova. AND yet return to the horrible light.
(I can't tell you my name)

edit on 28-7-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAmazingYeti
a reply to: GoShredAK

There are alternatives to murder. Frontiersman Bear Spray is a very effective show stopper. This spray is effective up to 30ft!

The Frontiersman Bear Attack Deterrent with Hip Holster is designed to provide protection you can count on in an easy to use format when hiking in bear country. The system includes a 7.9-ounce canister of quick-to-deploy deterrent spray with a holster worn in easy reach at your belt. Built for fast deployment in the event of a charge, the holster allows immediate access of the firing mechanism--so that you can actually release the spray from your hip. The spray has a 30-foot deploy range to keep a safe distance between you and the bear--and uses the strongest bear attack deterrent permitted by the EPA. The canister releases its contents quickly--in just five seconds--and disables the bear without injuring it permanently so that you can get away safely. The canister is equipped with a glow-in-the-dark safety mechanism to both prevent accidental discharge and permit immediate location for firing at night. Please note that this item is not available to ship to some states.

Bear lives matter!

cant murder a animal.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
There will be a complete ban of guns in the US in the next four years.. only police, military will be carrying guns in the future as it should be and is in the rest of the world.

A person of interest informed me of this.

Tell that to the drug cartels in South America? Or the terrorists in France. Or the Islamic State.......

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: SudoNim

LOL, your stats are complete and utter TWAT.. You said every time a gun kills or injures someone in self defense... Do you even understand that most times a gun is used in self defense it doesn't even get fired? That's because the cowards that are breaking the law typically RUN and wet themselves when they see a gun in someone else's hand.

So come back when you have some stats on every time a gun is pulled in self defense. The answer is that there are no stats on that as most times a gun is used in self defense, it doesn't even get reported.

Jaden

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 12:21 AM
link   
home owner :excuse me sir, i have words and intellect and i would like to talk you out of killing me and my family.

violent felon: fool, please! shut up before i pistol whip you then beat you with your sons baseball bat. hell i'm gonna do it anyway.
the next thing i'm gonna do is rape your old lady and housekeeper and beat them with the bat in front of you, and then torture your son for hours and cut his nuts off and then burn your house down, after i order a pizza and your buddy brings me all the cash you have in the bank.

something very similar happened to this not to long ago. except i can't say for certain that he tried to talk the murderous bastard out of killing them. although i can't imagine he didn't try talking. if he had a gun he might have stood a chance of stopping it.

Daron Wint has been arrested for the killings, but there is still no motive on why Savvas Savopoulos, his wife, Amy, their 10-year-old son, Philip, and their housekeeper, Vera Figueroa, were all tortured, killed and burned inside their multi-million-dollar home.
6 months later: A deeper look into the DC mansion murders investigation

there have been numerous cases where people have been killed in there homes and talking did no good.

your a ignorant foolish idiot if you think you can talk your way out of death when someone gets it in their minds for certain their going to kill you to keep from being caught or spending life in prison.

and there has been a gun in every house i've ever lived in, from the day i was born. as a matter of fact i can't ever remember a day not being within a few feet of a gun and not the first bad thing happen. and i'm 54 so spew you tripe else where.

edit on 29-7-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

Have you looked at the world around us lately? Do you really want to be on the losing end of someone who has a gun and wants to hurt you, or your family members? Or force you to give them all of your life's savings that you've worked so hard for?

What you're reading on the internet vs the real world are two very different things. Stop consuming fear and hate!

I even provided some proof in the OP that violence is on a downward trend...

But violence by government is rising, and if guns are ever successfully banned, (they won't be), then the real true violence by government will have no governor whatsoever to curb it. Proven fact by reading history. But you have never done that because if you had, you would know this.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
There will be a complete ban of guns in the US in the next four years.. only police, military will be carrying guns in the future as it should be and is in the rest of the world.

A person of interest informed me of this.

You must be one of those flatlander city folk
Can not happen there are states where bears are a lot more dangerous then people with guns.
or where the nearest LEO is over a hour away.

Plus many of us that live rural have bows and i think most criminals would rather be shot with a gun then gut shot with a bow.
But taking our guns does not mean will will not protect our selves by any means and some will be a lot more painful for the criminal.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

JUST to give you your piece, what will they do to those who resist?

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 02:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dragoon01

Actually I have saved someone with a gun.
I was armed in a convenient store and my presence prevented someone from committing a crime.

How do you know he was going to commit a crime?

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 02:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK
Owning an effective tool for protecting your family does not make you a "gun nut," it makes you smart.

Please provide evidence that a gun is an effective tool for protecting your family.

Because statistics prove it isn't.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 02:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

It's even easier to force your opinion on others if you are the only one holding a gun.

My point exactly. If you can't make a rational argument just scare your opponent into submission. #Merica

Don't you think if the like 70 million gun owners in the U.S. wanted to 'scare' Anti-Gunners, we would have? Obummer has been Pres. for 8 years at this point and nothing of the sort has happened.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 02:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: SudoNim
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

Do you know many people outside the realms of fantasy. I mean we aren't all fictional characters from a WarHammer book.

This isn't about freedom or being pro/anti government. Its about common sense.

You are a bigger threat to your own family than any criminal will ever be if you own a gun. Dress it anyway you like.

You pick and choose what you want the Government to do for you. Here you sit on your computer, using electricity to access the internet and complain that people don't do everything for themselves. Hypocrisy, thy name is you.

Criminals with guns committing crimes FAR OUTWEIGH a few mishaps in the homes of gun owners. How much crime have you read about today?? ENDLESS. NO one is saying mishaps "don't" happen. But crime blatantly outweighs said "mishaps." There are RESPONSIBLE gun owners, and there are IRRESPONSIBLE ones. Can you not decipher between the two?
edit on 29-7-2016 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join