It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guns are for cowards

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: -Blackout-
A complete gun ban will never ever happen in America, ever. Guns are just too saturated in America for a complete ban on them. Not happening. Also, it would cause a civil war. Do you want a civil war? Because this is how a civil war happens.

Also, a ban on guns would mean more high powered firearms via black markets being flooded into the population. Some people don't think about the vacuum a gun ban would cause.

All the other countries that have gun bans did, and they worked out fine.

The reason it won't work in America is because Americans are idiots.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: tow69
a reply to: TheAmazingYeti

Have you done any research into what happens to nations when it's citizens are disarmed?

Since you have the internet it should not be to hard

As someone who has spelt blood on far away soils, and lost many brothers in arms. I'm glad to see your using part of your constitutional right that of free speech, because people like me have taken up the call to protect and defend our country, you have the right to crap on us.

But since we are all cowards I promise "NOT" to defend you when and if the time comes

Question - Do you know why war does not come to our shores?????????

I'll tell you why. EVERY NATION on this planet knows we the American Citizens are armed,

The Japanese leaders back during WWII stated that attacking home land America is not an option because behind every single door there is an American with a gun. unless of course you want to have war on American soil just be real careful what you ask for.

As someone who has seen war first hand, believe me you don't want that.....

As for me and my family

We PROUDLY support the Constitution of the United States

Do your own research on the countries that have gun controls and you'll find it does work.

Honduras
Venezuela
Swaziland
Guatemala
Jamaica
El Salvador
Colombia
Brazil
Panama
Uruguay

These are the only countries that are worse than America.

This is the deluded fantasy of Americans that is pure ignorance.

"I'm protecting my country" ... like hell you are. No-one is invading America, because no-one wants to. And if they did, they ain't going to knock on your door.

GUESS WHAT MORON there's no war coming to the shores of Germany, England, France, Austraila either.
Your logic is child-like.

"There's no tigers in my house"
"I own a gun"
"Guns are the only thing stopping tigers being in my house"

Your talking about WWII, you still haven't grown as a country. Everywhere else in the world has but America is too thick to work it out.

I'm sure you family proudly supports the pathetic Constitution you hide behind. And when your kid gets shot as an accident, i'm sure you salute and say God Bless America.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dragoon01
This thread is dumb.

And you fit right in.

You guys go forward with you plan to hug bad guys, I will cover you from here when that does not work out.

And how many people have you saved with your gun? I'm pretty sure there have been some deaths since your last post. Where were you protecting your fellow citizens.

All these heroes with guns and yet still 30 people are murdered each day in America. Where are these heroes?

Please stop throwing these BS statistics around . You are not "more likely to injure a family member" if you own a gun.
You are not more likely to be killed by your own gun, you are not more likely to kill yourself.

These are all bogus stats from anti-gun studies. Paid for by anti-gun organizations. Of course they were going to find all manner of things "You are more likely to_____if you own a gun"
Insert horror of your choice, its just as valid.

Haha, great way to ignore facts. "There paid for". Absolute BS.

You just can't handle the truth so you pretend it doesnt exist.

It ranks along with the dime store psycho babble "you must have a small male member if you own a gun".

Don't be ashamed of it.

Example SudoNim asking "what stops people form buying a tank and running over their family" at least I think thats what he said, I honestly had a hard time following that one. He knows he cant control himself when armed.
Here is your answer Sudo...respect, common decency, my love for my family, my humanity. You know the same things that stop me from killing a lot of people. The same things that stop me from using my car to run idiot drivers off the road. The same things that stop me from using a cigarette lighter and gasoline to light up the home of someone I dislike. Not to mention the fear of the consequences of those actions.

So... the law right? I notice at no point did you say a gun would put you off. Yet that's the reason you own one right?

Now I know progressives hate consequences and responsibility for their own actions, but face it they work.

30 gun related murders a day doesn't show it working.

Here's some stats for you. I know you'll claim someone paid me to post them and paid someone else to create them because your an idiot but hey!

Everytime a gun injures or kills in self-defense, one is used:

11 times for a completed or attempted suicide
7 times in a criminal assault or homicide
4 times in an unintentional shooting death or injury

So YAY! Guns protect people (while injuring/killing 22 others)

Its the fact that the VAST majority of gun owners do love and respect humanity, and have a healthy dose of responsibility that keeps us from just killing all you progressive anti-gun types.

So why do you need guns if all you gun owners are nice people. And whose commiting all these gun crimes? Aliens? The government. F*ck out of here.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: SudoNim

What are we 2?????????????????

Are you an American???????????

[SNIPPED]

If you are, as I stated, if and when something happens don't expect me or like minded folks to save your A$$. It is only because of people like me you have the right to run your mouth..

GOD BLESS
edit on 7.28.2016 by Kandinsky because: Removed ill-mannered comment

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   

If not SHUT YOUR PIE WHOLE Conrad

If you are, as I stated, if and when something happens don't expect me or like minded folks to save your A$$. It is only because of people like me you have the right to run your mouth..

GOD BLESS

It has nothing to do with you or people with you. Stop inflating your own ego.

No-ones asking you to save anyone's a$$.

You are more likely to kill an innocent person than save anyone. Keep labelling yourself a hero, you are a threat to the public. You are not welcome.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   
You're right, guns are for cowards.

Nothing bad ever happens, we should all just become politically correct social justice ninja warriors.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAmazingYeti Per your reasoning, that still makes him a coward.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I have guns. I know how to shoot. I have 3 children. They know how to use them. We've taught them how dangerous they are - they are NOT toys. My children also know archery - we have recurve and compound bows, have throwing knives and pocket knives, Bowie knives and machete knives, used slingshots, and have hatchets. Oh yeah, I forgot my husband's sword, and my tribal spears we bought in Africa.

Most of you are thinking right now "oh my god, she's an idiot American survivalist!" Ha! Nope. Just a mom and part time real estate agent's assistant. Jewish too, which I'm sure a bunch of you will immediately dislike, maybe worse than the weapons. We DO live on 20 acres in the country - our nearest neighbor is 2 miles away. 3 years ago, my husband was bit by a juvenile rattlesnake. I almost became a widow. Why am I telling all of you this? Because 2 weeks ago, my youngest son was outside cleaning the chicken waterer. I was inside working on my computer, and my other son was watching television. We heard a shout "rattlesnake!" We ran outside and there was a curled up adult timber rattler not 6 feet from my baby (ok, so he's taller than me and shaves, but my baby he is). I went back inside and got a gun, my son sloooowwwwly backed up, and then I shot the damned thing. We now have a skinned rattlesnake hide that the boys are arguing over what to make out of it. I'll keep my gun, thank you very much.

I live right outside Charleston. We lived the through the Emanuel massacre. That boy was CRAZY. Anyone who can calmly sit and pray with a group of people for an hour, and then kill them is NOT a human being. He should have never been able to get a gun in the first place! Don't you people see? The crazy, racist, homophobic, intolerant people - people who are soulless and believe that a particular group of people need to be "put down" - those are the people that need to be identified and treated. The gun was the tool. What about the recent killings with a KNIFE? The knife was the tool. But none of you seem to get that! If some nutcase wants to do harm to another person, harm he will do! No matter how he does it. Stricter buying controls? All for it! But the reasons WHY these crazy people feel the need to kill other people need to be addresses, and no one seems to want to take that on.

Anyone crazy enough to come on my property to do me harm? They better think twice. I'll sic the dogs on them.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: SudoNim
a reply to: texasyeti

Only a gun can protect yourself?

You are a typical paranoid gun user, uneducated and unwilling to learn.

Burglars don't tend to rape and kill, they tend to...(surprisingly) burgle. But don't worry you let that paranoia sink in and shoot the next person who opens your door.

I guess before guns everyone was a coward in your eyes. How the hell did the world survive before everyone got themselves a killing machine in their home.

Beggars belief debating with some of you cretins.

Your opinion, and a feeble one at that.

There are many ways to protect yourself, a gun is just one. To say that all methods and tools to protect one's self is ok, but to use a gun is a coward is just ridiculous.

How does that make one paranoid, uneducated and unwilling to learn? Your personal logic is weak and very much flawed.

Typical non-American bashing Americans while constantly hanging on the coattails of America.

Debating with a pseudonym... comical.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: kyleplatinum

What makes you think I'm not American. Or do you always jump to conclusions without fact?

There are many ways to protect yourself that have far less risk towards your own family. Hence why they should be used instead of guns. Guns are a terrible form of protection. I mean, look at the stats, they are really sh1t at doing that job. People just want one because everyone else has one. It's sheep.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Lolliek

Congratulations you killed a snake. Great story. American hero right here.

This is the typical response "my kids know how to use it".

Everyone thinks that until the moment one of them blows their face off. Arrogance at its finest.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

Guns don't prevent bad things from happen. More bad things happen in countries that have more guns.

You don't have to be come a social justic ninja, just stop pretending your a real life GI Joe.

I swear every other person on here claims to be a in a war or killing bears with their guns. It's deluded fantasy gone mad.

I guess thats what you expect from a site like this. It's biggest draw is to the mentally unstable. I'm probably in the wrong for coming on here and mocking people.

I just love to see a gun nut squirm when confronted with reality.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   

If not SHUT YOUR PIE WHOLE Conrad

GOD BLESS

It has nothing to do with you or people with you. Stop inflating your own ego.

No-ones asking you to save anyone's a$$.

You are more likely to kill an innocent person than save anyone. Keep labelling yourself a hero, you are a threat to the public. You are not welcome.

Funny how you continue with the small minded attacks

I certainly don't consider myself a hero, nor do any of us that have served you and this county proudly. That is IF YOUR an AMERICAN.. you never answered that so I am not going to assume either way.

I am just not STUPID enough to think our government has it's citizens best interest in mind, If you choose to keep thinking they do than sleep well.

See the thing about a Combat Infantrymen is we don't just shoot to shoot, Most combat Vets like me are the people that run to the problem while you and people like you run away!!!! which is fine, truth be told, I would not ask a NONE trained person to ever do something like run in and save a bunch of strangers.

There are lots of us out there and more than you can imagine
But if that day ever comes and hopefully for your sake it never does you will be so thankful for people like me...

If your going to continue to attack me please just stop

I did not attack you for not wanting guns, that is your right. but it is also my right to bear arms.

Remember GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE -------- PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edit on 28-7-2016 by tow69 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-7-2016 by tow69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Funny how you continue with the small minded attacks

You call me out on small-minded attacks while calling them small-minded. Wow. Slapped yourself in the face there.

I certainly don't consider myself a hero, nor do any of us that have served you and this county proudly. That is IF YOUR an AMERICAN.. you never answered that so I am not going to assume either way.

I am just not STUPID enough to think our government has it's citizens best interest in mind, If you choose to keep thinking they do than sleep well.

So you speak for everyone in the armed service now? That's nice of you. I mean I don't actually believe a word you say, but if it helps, I don't care.

See the thing about a Combat Infantrymen is we don't just shoot to shoot, Most combat Vets like me are the people that run to the problem while you and people like you run away!!!! which is fine, truth be told, I would not ask a NONE trained person to ever do something like run in and save a bunch of strangers.

There are lots of us out there and more than you can imagine
But if that day ever comes and hopefully for your sake it never does you will be so thankful for people like me...

See the thing about people who post things on the internet is that they are usually full of sh1t. You make assumptions.

I mean, you've just called 99% of this thread cowards. You've said if you didn't serve in the army you'll run away from a problem, yet all over this thread are gun enthusiasts claiming how they'll fight to keep their guns.

Whose right here? Is it the crazy old war vet whose living off the glory days? Or grandma farmer who'll shoot anyone who crosses her path?

I did not attack you for not wanting guns, that is your right. but it is also my right to bear arms.

[SNIPPED]

Remember GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE -------- PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then why do you need a gun?
edit on 7.28.2016 by Kandinsky because: Removed ill-mannered comment

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAmazingYeti

Lets just say the plan is not to disarm everyone---its to make you so scared you will arm yourselves through the teeth legally and illegally and also to be suspicious of one another. Everyone is a criminal until proven innocent in the eyes of the state.

After they pull the plug on society in a faked crisis (no electricity, cant get to you bank accounts, no food, no water etc) you will all be responsible for implementing Agenda 21 1st wave of the culling and depopulation process because you will be in survival mode. 2nd Wave will be Law Order Military and UN troops-- by this time you will want to square off with them and see them as enemies which will give them the excuse to depopulate more of you.

So much for no guns causing tyranny. None of you have anything I want

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   
It's the same with most things. We lose freedoms for security. Once most people are convinced losing their rights to own a gun will make them safer, they'll gladly lose it. It's a slow process, but eventually it'll be that way.

We don't notice on the shortterm time scales because it's like death by a thousand cuts. That's how it works. We live such short lives. Our memory is so selective and blurry. It's nature. Nothing we can do about it.

I think ti's the right thing because it frequently is just obeying the laws of nature, but not always for the reasons stated and there're things hidden away from public view--not always intentionally. Oftentimes it's stupidity, not malice.
edit on 7/28/2016 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   

No we don't miss and WE identify ALL targets before shooting, they helped us with it in training...DUH...but then again they HIDE these facts in MEDIA ,MOVIES , HISTORY and BOOKs so HOW could YOU possibly KNOW?
edit on 28-7-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

www.youtube.com...
edit on 28-7-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   

What makes you think I'm not American. Or do you always jump to conclusions without fact?

There are many ways to protect yourself that have far less risk towards your own family. Hence why they should be used instead of guns. Guns are a terrible form of protection. I mean, look at the stats, they are really sh1t at doing that job. People just want one because everyone else has one. It's sheep.

Whether you're American, or live in America has no effect on my statement of you.

You state Americans are idiots, you put people down and your ideology of guns is just false.

You can continue to try to put people down for their methods of self defense all you like, but at the end of the day it is just your personal opinion. A personal opinion that has no valid weight in the discussion.

"There are many ways to protect yourself that have far less risk towards your own family."
How about, the best form of protection FOR your family.

"People just want one because everyone else has one. It's sheep."
I could say the same thing about Pit bulls.

I could care less how you would protect yourself if a situation arose. I definitely would not call you names for whatever method you practiced.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   

I could care less if you call me names or not.
As far as I'm concerned if you own a gun to protect your family from burglars your an idiot.

You hide behind right to own a gun for no f*cking reason and I'll exercise my right to call you a moron for thinking it helps.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Have you ever seen someone you love bit by a rattle snake? In real life? It's horrible. And here in South Carolina, at 100 degrees, they are out and hunting. Glad I was able to kill it. A garden rake wouldn't have done it. So thank you for your snide congratulations. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Yup, my kids know how to use them. It's not like they "play" with them on a daily basis. They gather dust mostly. Will they use one against another person? Not bloody likely. They know the damage that can be caused. You still don't understand, and you never will. You are so rigid in the belief that YOUR opinion is the only right one. And that, my friend, is exactly what those other people who kill (insert "'n-word's, fags, kites, Muslims, Arabs, or your favorite bad guy) think.

I am of the opinion, yes - I have them, too, is that we can do a better job of making it harder to buy them. Longer background check holds. If you're on the No Fly List, you can't purchase a gun. If you've been treated for depression, attempted suicide, or like to kill cats, you can't purchase guns. Military-style weapons should stay in the military. I don't want, nor do I need, an AK47. You have to get a license to drive a car - make it that you have to take a gun safety class and have to get a license. They areNOT TOYS. But those who understand this, and know how to use them correctly should not be punished. There has to be a better way.

So, that's my 2 cents. Oh, and if you don't like the "crazies" on this site, you don't have to be here.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join