It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guns are for cowards

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 04:28 AM
link   
a reply to: SudoNim

Projection, deflection and evasion about whom you are, ANSWER A SIMPLE QUESTION.
YOU'VE been asked on 2 threads,spit it out.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 04:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: MayanBoricua

I gotta hand it to you, you debate better than the Sasquatch. However you will not prevail. I will enjoy dismantling every one of your points much more than his. I like a challenge. However I do not have all night, so you're going to have to wait until tomorrow. See you soon.

I look forward to it

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 04:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: SudoNim
Hero, whose a hero? What sacrifice? He doesn't enable # for me.

Its not his fault the military serves the oligarchs instead of the people.
As far as he knew when he joined, he pledged his life to defend our freedoms. Including your freedom of speech. [/assumptions]
Under that theory, you owe your entire way of life to men like him. They are the reason we do not speak German or Chinese or Russian. Don't be ignorant, it looks stupid.
I was fighting with him yesterday, but thats no excuse to deny facts. Gambling your life is a huge sacrifice.
edit on 7282016 by MayanBoricua because: Mistakes Were Made

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: MayanBoricua

MANY have killed themselves from this.
The ghosts.
We believe HEART and soul and if the country isn't what we thought it was ,I guess we NOW have to fix that

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 04:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: MayanBoricua

originally posted by: SudoNim
Hero, whose a hero? What sacrifice? He doesn't enable # for me.

Its not his fault the military serves the oligarchs instead of the people.
As far as he knew when he joined, he pledged his life to defend our freedoms. Including your freedom of speech. [/assumptions]
Under that theory, you owe your entire way of life to men like him. They are the reason we do not speak German or Chinese or Russian. Don't be ignorant, it looks stupid.
I was fighting with him yesterday, but thats no excuse to deny facts. Gambling your life is a huge sacrifice.

Don't paint all people who work in the military with the same brush of real heroes who have worked in the military.

It is a paid job, I know many friends who served. Not out of courage. But because they didn't have the education to work anywhere else and needed the money.

Gambling your life is a personal sacrifice. You get paid for the job or you don't do it.

I have no more respect for an American soldier as I do for a Janitor in a school.

Plus, I also speak German and Russian so they clearly didn't stop me. My freedom of speech has nothing to do with him.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 04:53 AM
link   
I love the irony of this.. Of the different kinds of people I know of liberals are by far the most cowardly ones, they want to be taken care of by the state. Their whole ideology is an exercise in intellectual cowardice, they constantly ignore unpleasant realities in favour of their own brand of pathological doublethink.

No, American conservatives aren't generally cowards. They are one of the few groups of manly men still left in the West, they can take care of themselves and they don't constantly want to involve the state in their personal business: a trait of cowards. In comparison to liberals they are sovereign and independent, if they run into trouble with criminals they can take care of themselves without having to rely on cops. Liberals would rather depend on outside forces: a trait of cowards. I even get the feeling that a lot of these spineless cowards would gloat in the safety of their homes watching on TV if the government ever decided to disarm the public.

White liberals in particular also lack self-respect, they are coddled wardens of the state and most of them will put up with abuse by minorities simply out of some misguided sense of tolerance. This happens all over universities these days and the reason these white liberals don't have a problem with it is because not only do they lack self-respect but they also lack independence of spirit and are therefore easily conditioned by propaganda. This is a portrait of a coward, not a sovereign independent man.

No.. liberals are the true cowards in this story, their sense of and actual sovereignty is non existent. They merely act out the role of hired clappers for the government and the control system. That is the nature of a true coward..

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom — go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 05:04 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

Do you know many people outside the realms of fantasy. I mean we aren't all fictional characters from a WarHammer book.

This isn't about freedom or being pro/anti government. Its about common sense.

You are a bigger threat to your own family than any criminal will ever be if you own a gun. Dress it anyway you like.

You pick and choose what you want the Government to do for you. Here you sit on your computer, using electricity to access the internet and complain that people don't do everything for themselves. Hypocrisy, thy name is you.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 05:21 AM
link   
I'm just here to watch people argue logic with a guy who thinks he's a Sasquatch.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Do you know many people outside of Springfield? I mean, we're not all stupid yellow cartoon characters. Your point being? What is it that you're implying here? That I'm a nerd that don't get out much? Nice try but you're wrong and furthermore this has nothing at all to do with what I'm writing.

No, this is definitely about freedom. The freedom to bear arms.

You are a bigger threat to your own family than any criminal will ever be if you own a gun. Dress it anyway you like.

No, that's not true. It's a gross generalisation. Look at countries like Schweiz, they don't have a problem with guns at all.

What a lousy argument that was.. That's called black and white thinking, all or nothing. But this perspective isn't particularly valid. There's a difference between having a functioning state and being coddled wardens of the state: being deprived of any number of freedoms.

And last time I checked the government wasn't responsible for my internet. Neither was it responsible for my computer. This has nothing to do with hypocrisy but it has everything to do with your irrational mind.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: TheAmazingYeti

cowards built civilization to escape danger and had a willingness to do anything to survive, including kill and guess what; weapons are power and without power your ideals mean nothing. you think the western world is the most powerful and richest group of nations because ideals? no we got there by using murder, war, deception and every cowardly trick you can imagine better than everyone else.

coward? ha so what cowards live the longest and thrive.

westerners have gotten way too complacent, spoiled and arrogant to understand how to struggle and survive, i say the real coward is the one to sit by while others are trampled on or killed while criticizing others for struggling, ask yourself what have you done to live or protect someone else? have you been desperate enough to live that you want to scream and cry and beg with your whole being?
the term coward is used by the ones standing above others and looking down on them from their nice cozy pedestal in the sky.
shooting to kill is not easy at all if you are a normal sane person so how is it cowardice to act to save your own life or the life of other people? anybody can not kill and be peaceful, all you have to do is nothing and keep your head down but don't think you will always be safe or have peace if you do nothing for yourself or other people but talk and judge.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLaughingGod

Do you know many people outside of Springfield? I mean, we're not all stupid yellow cartoon characters. Your point being? What is it that you're implying here? That I'm a nerd that don't get out much? Nice try but you're wrong and furthermore this has nothing at all to do with what I'm writing.

No, this is definitely about freedom. The freedom to bear arms.

No, that's not true. It's a gross generalisation. Look at countries like Schweiz, they don't have a problem with guns at all.

What a lousy argument that was.. That's called black and white thinking, all or nothing. But this perspective isn't particularly valid. There's a difference between having a functioning state and being coddled wardens of the state: being deprived of any number of freedoms.

And last time I checked the government wasn't responsible for my internet. Neither was it responsible for my computer. This has nothing to do with hypocrisy but it has everything to do with your irrational mind.

The Simpsons nailed it when it came to the stupidity of the average American.

Freedom to bear arms, freedom to kill your own family. What's stopping me from buying a tank, because you know... freedom to own tanks America!, and roll through your house killing your family and claiming it as my own property.

Is it you and your guns, which unless its hidden underneath you keyboard isn't going to stop #? Please tell me what it is that stops me from doing that.

It is a generalisation. In general, you are more likely to injure one of your own family members with a gun than any criminal.

In general. That's where you coming up with examples means f*ck all in the grand scheme of things. Switzerland does work, they are but a rare example, and if we were to average out across the globe the rates of violence per capita against gun ownership you would realise that.
Also Switzerland isn't full of Americans. Americans are dumb.

The Government isn't responsible for your internet? I'd check again. All this bravado about being self-sufficient is a load of BS, its just about you wanting a gun to make yourself feel tough. Bottom line.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Not boosting my ego. I am not a fighter or tough guy. The police are more than aware of him. They were on the scene after my incident (a public place with a dozen witnesses) but he fled. I didn't beat him up bad out of fear I'd be the guy in trouble. The police told me they would have looked the other way had I gone further. There are outstanding warrants for him and his day in court for other stuff hasn't come yet. He isn't 'super strong', he is a punk ass meth user. He's a 5'6" and 150 lbs white trash loser.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Your an idiot. Sit in your house and cower like a coward when the burglars come in kill you and rape your wife because you dont have a gun to protect yourself.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: texasyeti

Only a gun can protect yourself?

You are a typical paranoid gun user, uneducated and unwilling to learn.

Burglars don't tend to rape and kill, they tend to...(surprisingly) burgle. But don't worry you let that paranoia sink in and shoot the next person who opens your door.

I guess before guns everyone was a coward in your eyes. How the hell did the world survive before everyone got themselves a killing machine in their home.

Beggars belief debating with some of you cretins.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Naturallywired
a reply to: Maverick7Sorry I did not read that into the op? Are some kind of apologist?

No, just showing that he was 'cherry-picking' his argument.

He actually feels that bullies are cowards, but he's conflated the idea that all cowards/bullies carry firearms then extracted that twisted and truncated idea, leaving out the part about bullies into cowards need guns.

People who are cowardly, who have anger management issues should probably seek other methods, but there's a saying that if you give a fearful woman a knife, when she's attacked she's now a black belt.

IOW, having a tool can be an equalizer.

People who have firearms and permits undergo background checks and have no history of felonies, DUI, domestic violence or a criminal record nor have been discharged dishonorably. They are screened and vetted.

The nicest people you'd ever want to meet, the most polite are those you see at Gun Shows. Go figure.

At least that's a common experience.

So don't be a bully and don't conflate and cherry pick your argument.

Is that better?

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   
This thread is dumb.

You guys go forward with you plan to hug bad guys, I will cover you from here when that does not work out.

Please stop throwing these BS statistics around . You are not "more likely to injure a family member" if you own a gun.
You are not more likely to be killed by your own gun, you are not more likely to kill yourself.

These are all bogus stats from anti-gun studies. Paid for by anti-gun organizations. Of course they were going to find all manner of things "You are more likely to_____if you own a gun"
Insert horror of your choice, its just as valid.

It ranks along with the dime store psycho babble "you must have a small male member if you own a gun".

Completely useless sewage from vapid people who are terrified of their own shadow.
You fear other people owning guns because you fear what you would do if you owned a gun.
Example SudoNim asking "what stops people form buying a tank and running over their family" at least I think thats what he said, I honestly had a hard time following that one. He knows he cant control himself when armed.
Here is your answer Sudo...respect, common decency, my love for my family, my humanity. You know the same things that stop me from killing a lot of people. The same things that stop me from using my car to run idiot drivers off the road. The same things that stop me from using a cigarette lighter and gasoline to light up the home of someone I dislike. Not to mention the fear of the consequences of those actions.
Now I know progressives hate consequences and responsibility for their own actions, but face it they work. The tool is not what causes people to misbehave, and murdering. Just like the lack of a tool is not what causes people to NOT commit murder. Its the fact that the VAST majority of gun owners do love and respect humanity, and have a healthy dose of responsibility that keeps us from just killing all you progressive anti-gun types. You may or may not know that already but your philosophical masters know it. They know they are planning to do things that will remove that respect we have and that dose of responsibility, thats why they are so hell bent on taking away our means.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   
A complete gun ban will never ever happen in America, ever. Guns are just too saturated in America for a complete ban on them. Not happening. Also, it would cause a civil war. Do you want a civil war? Because this is how a civil war happens.

Also, a ban on guns would mean more high powered firearms via black markets being flooded into the population. Some people don't think about the vacuum a gun ban would cause.
edit on 28-7-2016 by -Blackout- because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I am SO glad I live in a country that isn't paralyzed with fear and overrun by psychopaths who think everyone else is out to kill them and their family.

You couldn't pay me enough to live there.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: TheAmazingYeti

Have you done any research into what happens to nations when it's citizens are disarmed?

Since you have the internet it should not be to hard

As someone who has spelt blood on far away soils, and lost many brothers in arms. I'm glad to see your using part of your constitutional right that of free speech, because people like me have taken up the call to protect and defend our country, you have the right to crap on us.

But since we are all cowards I promise "NOT" to defend you when and if the time comes

Question - Do you know why war does not come to our shores?????????

I'll tell you why. EVERY NATION on this planet knows we the American Citizens are armed,

The Japanese leaders back during WWII stated that attacking home land America is not an option because behind every single door there is an American with a gun. unless of course you want to have war on American soil just be real careful what you ask for.

As someone who has seen war first hand, believe me you don't want that.....

As for me and my family

We PROUDLY support the Constitution of the United States

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Cowards with Guns shooting Guns, are Cowards.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join