It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guns are for cowards

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: MayanBoricua

Its good you use BIG pictures ,you may have a breakthrough!

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 01:41 AM
link   
A girl I know has a crazy jealous ex-boyfriend stalker. He has broken into her house, been arrested and not allowed within 1000 yards, ect. She has moved and he still found her. He rammed her new boyfriend off the road in his truck, threatened (tried) to kill him and any new boyfriend she gets. The new boyfriend has since left, afraid for his life. I've had to deal with him personally when he tried to fight me when I wouldn't tell him where she lives now. It didn't end well for him but it hasn't slowed him down any.

The girl has a 7 year old daughter who is scared to death. She has been jarred awake when the guy tries to break in or bangs on the windows, ect. He runs off before the cops can get there. He is a coward of the highest degree.

The girl has a gun now on both police and my advice. Mace and tazers didn't stop him from fighting the police when the police used them on him. She is scared to death to have to use it and I pray she doesn't but there is a good chance she won't have a choice. She isn't a coward. She has to protect her daughter and herself.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I generally agree with the title. Guns are for cowards, but I think that you can own a gun and be smart enough to never get yourself in a situation where you need to use it.

I was just subjected to an attempted break in within the past month. Got woken up at 5:45am to some scratching noises outside my bedroom window. The sun shines really brightly through my window and it had just come up enough that I could clearly see two silhouettes trying to tug at my window. I have two sets of double panes so they would have had to go through the screen, then that and it just wasn't happening for them. I had a shotgun underneath my bed and it was ready to go, but I never reached for it. I was just watching these two idiots try to do something that was basically impossible without breaking the glass. I was planning on pulling the first guy through the blinds when he tried to stick his head through and doing something permanent to his face just so him and his buddy remember me forever. The fate he would have faced without the gun would have been far worse than if I had shot the guy straight up. He would died for sure if I did shoot him. You don't survive a close range slug of that size no matter where you take it. Never even thought about needing to go that way. I prefer that people remember me than get the easy way out.

Cops took care of them in the end. Two drunk transients high on oxycontin. My town has no crime either. Lucky me.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Why do people keep posting that they have a gun to protect their family?

It's been posted and proven over and over that owning a gun puts your family at higher risk.

And then they post a story as if it justifies it. It's kindergarten stuff.

One guy stops a home invasion with his gun, does that make up for the 4 kids who shot themselves because Daddy kept a gun for protection?

It's time America caught up with the rest of the civilised world.

Gun owners live in fear, if you need a gun to feel safe then you are living in a sh1t place. I couldn't think of anything worse.
To live in a constant paranoid state, fear that anyone at any point can shoot you.

A man breaks into your house and points a gun at your kids asking for your money? And your what? Gonna reach for your shotgun? It's selfish cave-dwelling mentality. Its a disease of poor education and insecurities.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 02:58 AM
link   
a reply to: SudoNim
www.youtube.com...

CARRY your cries down the road with your friends who BELIEVE your crap.
We aren't the type to surrender like your ILK.
GET OVER YOURSELVES you have no play in this game.
edit on 28-7-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: atrollstalker
Hitler bragged that Germany was the first society to disarm a nation.
It has also been said that an armed society is a polite society.
So, I guess the logic is you can either say please and thank you or die in a gas chamber.

I don't think I will let you make my choice for me.

So one example means it will happen everytime?

Is that what you are scared of? This is childs logic.

You know you're allowed a gun in Iraq, America is like Iraq.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 03:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
www.youtube.com...

CARRY your cries down the road with your friends who BELIEVE your crap.
We aren't the type to surrender like your ILK.
GET OVER YOURSELVES you have no play in this game.

Why are you capitalising random words? It comes off as if you are shouting those words, which makes me think you have mental problems.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 03:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: SouthernForkway26
A girl I know has a crazy jealous ex-boyfriend stalker. He has broken into her house, been arrested and not allowed within 1000 yards, ect. She has moved and he still found her. He rammed her new boyfriend off the road in his truck, threatened (tried) to kill him and any new boyfriend she gets. The new boyfriend has since left, afraid for his life. I've had to deal with him personally when he tried to fight me when I wouldn't tell him where she lives now. It didn't end well for him but it hasn't slowed him down any.

The girl has a 7 year old daughter who is scared to death. She has been jarred awake when the guy tries to break in or bangs on the windows, ect. He runs off before the cops can get there. He is a coward of the highest degree.

The girl has a gun now on both police and my advice. Mace and tazers didn't stop him from fighting the police when the police used them on him. She is scared to death to have to use it and I pray she doesn't but there is a good chance she won't have a choice. She isn't a coward. She has to protect her daughter and herself.

Was this a story to boost your own ego. I mean adding the line "it didn't end well for him" just makes me call BS ego booster.

So he's stalking someone, i'm guessing you reported that to the police.
He then tried to fight you, i'm guessing you reported that to the police.
He then fought the police, i'm guessing the police already knew about this one.

And the police advice was "Get yourself a gun". Absolute BS.

If your going to make up a story about a super strong stalker who is unaffected by mace and tazers, but who you managed to beat up in a one on one fight at least think about it first.
edit on 28-7-2016 by SudoNim because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Yes, self-defense is "cowardice."

Guy breaks into your home with a large knife and headed upstairs. Sorry, but words mean jack***t at that point. What're you gonna do, quote him some whiny liberal speech? RIGHT...
edit on 28-7-2016 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 03:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: SudoNim
It's been posted and proven over and over that owning a gun puts your family at higher risk.

False. The opposite has been proven over and over again. Why don't you get out of your feelings and read through this thread so you can see others bring up any argument that may occur to you, and have it refuted.

One guy stops a home invasion with his gun, does that make up for the 4 kids who shot themselves because Daddy kept a gun for protection?

If there wasnt a gun, it would have been a knife, or pills. Suicide is the issue here, not the tool used to carry it out. A serious issue that deserves to be addressed if you sincerely care about children. Fun fact: cars, doctors, stairs, pools, pills, and plastic bags kill more children. Do you care about children? If so, you have bigger issues than firearms. Also, that father is a irresponsible gun owner.

It's time America caught up with the rest of the civilised world.

You mean the civilized world that is currently being blasted by radicals who disregard gun laws? Tell me more about how gun laws stopped all those shootings in France this year. Also, that semi caused a hell of a lot of carnage. I'd rather be shot that run over, personally. Shall we ban assault vehicles as well?

Gun owners live in fear,

We do no such thing. Because we are not helpless. Did you hear about that gun owner that stopped a mass shooting outside a restaurant in Houston? Me neither. Because it didn't escalate that far.

if you need a gun to feel safe then you are living in a sh1t place.

You mean like any big city with gun control? I agree. What about people out the country, who use firearms as a tool against wild animals? Cops are 45 min away. We don't all live in cities.

To live in a constant paranoid state, fear that anyone at any point can shoot you.

You are describing yourself there, buddy. You are in fear of bad guys with guns. Places with high numbers of gun owners are statistically safer. But who cares about facts?

A man breaks into your house and points a gun at your kids asking for your money? And your what? Gonna reach for your shotgun? It's selfish cave-dwelling mentality. Its a disease of poor education and insecurities.

To defend you life, family, and property is selfish. Gotcha. We should just let the criminals do as they please! Thats why cops are unarmed! Oh, wait....
Firearms prohibitionists are diseased with poor education and insecurities. Confusing their feelz for logic. I intend to educate you. Please dont shove your fingers in your ears and your head up your ass. Let us have an intelligent discussion about this. All of your arguments have already been posted. Read through this thread before responding. Otherwise, I guarantee I will have to repeat myself.
(Sorry in advance, mods)

edit on 7282016 by MayanBoricua because: Mistakes Were Made

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Enunciation emphasis.
I also DONT care .
SUBJECT: GUNS
Me, 6 years of service
YOU?
WHAT have you DONE in your life with guns?

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 03:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kromlech

Guy breaks into your home with a large knife and headed upstairs. Sorry, but words mean jack***t at that point. What're you gonna do, quote him some whiny liberal speech? RIGHT...

You've watched too many movies, I think you are out of touch with reality.

Why does he only have a knife and you have a gun?

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 03:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

Enunciation emphasis.
I also DONT care .
SUBJECT: GUNS
Me, 6 years of service
YOU?
WHAT have you DONE in your life with guns?

What have you done in your life without guns? You sound like a sad individual. I don't care about your 6 years of imaginary service.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 03:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kromlech

You've watched too many movies, I think you are out of touch with reality.

Why does he only have a knife and you have a gun?

Your head is too far in the sand. Movies? No. Reality? Yes.

Yes, things like home invasion and burglary only happen in the movies. /derp
edit on 28-7-2016 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Says the coward to the hero. His sacrifice enables you to spout your stupid ideas in the first place.

Assuming the military is there for the people's protection. (Its there to protect the oligarch's investments, but thats another story.)
edit on 7282016 by MayanBoricua because: Mistakes Were Made

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 04:10 AM
link   

AGAIN deflection .
I can do this crap all night.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 04:11 AM
link   
a reply to: TheAmazingYeti
Lets see you punch a tank knuckle head

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Long Post. I’ll reply.

originally posted by: MayanBoricua
False. The opposite has been proven over and over again. Why don't you get out of your feelings and read through this thread so you can see others bring up any argument that may occur to you, and have it refuted.

RESISTING CRIME: THE EFFECTS OF VICTIM ACTION ON THE OUTCOMES OF CRIMES
onlinelibrary.wiley.com...
Educate yourself.

If there wasnt a gun, it would have been a knife, or pills. Suicide is the issue here, not the tool used to carry it out. A serious issue that deserves to be addressed if you sincerely care about children. Fun fact: cars, doctors, stairs, pools, pills, and plastic bags kill more children. Do you care about children? If so, you have bigger issues than firearms. Also, that father is a irresponsible gun owner.

Suicide is the issue when children accidently shoot themselves with a gun? Ok.
Fun fact: cars transport people from one place to another more often than they kill people.
Fun fact: doctors save more people than they kill
Fun fact: stairs successfully assist someone from traveling up or down a building more often than they kill someone
Fun fact: pools are used successfully for the entertainement of children more often than they kill someone
Fun fact: pills are used without incident for their purpose more often than they kill someone
Fun fact: plastic bags provide their primary service of carrying items more often than they kills someone
UnFun fact: guns actually kill/injure family members and owners more often than they are used for protection

You mean the civilized world that is currently being blasted by radicals who disregard gun laws? Tell me more about how gun laws stopped all those shootings in France this year. Also, that semi caused a hell of a lot of carnage. I'd rather be shot that run over, personally. Shall we ban assault vehicles as well?

Yes, terrible tragedies. And even though I never claimed it would completely eradicate gun violence, death or injuries you seem to think it’s a good enough excuse.
What the rest of the civilised world calls an uncommon tradgedy, America calls a normal school shooting.

Think bigger picture.

We do no such thing. Because we are not helpless. Did you hear about that gun owner that stopped a mass shooting outside a restaurant in Houston? Me neither. Because it didn't escalate that far.

So did this happen or not? If it did, then you clearly did hear about it. So either your lying or you’ve made an irrelevant point.
This is the small minded argument that is always brought up. Guns DO stop crime, they DO stop mass shootings. They just don’t do it enough to justify them.
There are less mass shootings to prevent if there are less guns.
Having 12 mass shooting attempts a year but preventing 1. Is not better than having the 3 attempts a year and preventing 0. Do you understand?

You mean like any big city with gun control? I agree. What about people out the country, who use firearms as a tool against wild animals? Cops are 45 min away. We don't all live in cities.

That’s a better point. I don’t know about alternatives to protecting against wild animals. If you genuinely live somewhere where the threat of wild animals is a high threat then owning a gun for the pure purpose of animal protection would make sense. It would have to outweigh the risk of owning a gun. Which has been PROVEN to be higher than the reward when used for protection of your family against crime.

You are describing yourself there, buddy. You are in fear of bad guys with guns. Places with high numbers of gun owners are statistically safer. But who cares about facts?

No, they are not. Are you just looking at America? Open your mind up. Think bigger.

To defend you life, family, and property is selfish. Gotcha. We should just let the criminals do as they please! Thats why cops are unarmed! Oh, wait....

No, risking your families’ lives in trying to attack a burglar is selfish. Risking grabbing a gun when a criminal has your child is selfish. Cops are only armed because they need to be. In other countries they don’t need to go everywhere with guns, they only use guns if it’s a highly critical situation. If someone has illegally managed to obtain a gun.
Whereas because in America everyone thinks they are GI #ing Joe and wants to carry a gun to the supermarket in case they need to shoot someone then the police are always on the edge.

I get it, not having a gun makes you feel like less of a man. It’s a mental thing with most Americans. Just try to look past the stereotypes and sheep and realise that America is not safe with guns, it would be safer without them.

edit on 28-7-2016 by SudoNim because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Says the coward to the hero. His sacrifice enables you to spout your stupid ideas in the first place.

Assuming the military is there for the people's protection. (Its there to protect the oligarch's investments, but thats another story.)

Hero, whose a hero? What sacrifice? He doesn't enable # for me.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 04:25 AM
link   

I gotta hand it to you, you debate better than the Sasquatch. However you will not prevail. I will enjoy dismantling every one of your points much more than his. I like a challenge. However I do not have all night, so you're going to have to wait until tomorrow. See you soon.

new topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join