It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guns are for cowards

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAmazingYeti

originally posted by: Hr2burn
Yup, and you better hope you're a "coward" too when a thug "coward" breaks into your home with a gun in his hand. Let's make dangerous, bad people illegal and then we can outlaw guns. I believe a democrat said that somewhere...

I live on the top floor of a door man building. I highly doubt this will happen anytime soon. I promise to try meditate on this tonight to gain understanding.

Love

Harry
Now that's COWARDLY! "I got my doormen to protect me." NEXT!
edit on 27-7-2016 by Naturallywired because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: superman2012
I find it funny how Americans need guns in their lives. Sad would be a more accurate statement I guess. The funny part comes in when they want to uphold the 2nd amendment written in a time when one can own a person, but it isn't outdated, right?

Of course, you didn't even attempt to explain also how the founding fathers of the U.S., at least some of them, talked about ending slavery. In fact Thomas Jefferson wrote in his initial draft of the Declaration of Independence about the injustice of slavery... in case you didn't know, his statements about the injustice of slavery were removed by Congress at the time since slavery was erroneously still seen back then as a right to property

Through the many revisions made by Jefferson, the committee, and then by Congress, Jefferson retained his prominent role in writing the defining document of the American Revolution and, indeed, of the United States. Jefferson was critical of changes to the document, particularly the removal of a long paragraph that attributed responsibility of the slave trade to British King George III. Jefferson was justly proud of his role in writing the Declaration of Independence and skillfully defended his authorship of this hallowed document.

www.loc.gov...

BTW, do tell me what country are you from? I am certain your country also had slaves at the time, and probably slavery even existed in your country long after several republican states in the U.S. banned slavery...

Do you even know in which country was slavery banned first? It started with the state of Vermont in the U.S. in 1777...
edit on 27-7-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAmazingYeti

Take yourself a walk thru the mountains around Brookings Oregon. By yourself.
Different perspective will prevail.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

Take yourself a walk thru the mountains around Brookings Oregon. By yourself.
Different perspective will prevail.
Wow randy, where the hell you been?

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   
nahh. you don't mean it
You mean do more restricting those unstable ones....

Did you know us outdoorsmen need a 45.70 and two 44's just to hike with our dangerously wild grandchildren and ya gotta be quick with leveraction first...then the hammerheads out of the 44's....from Garrett ....just pop at the dirt under the black bears feet.....Grizz just center up if he's not smiling....

edit on 27-7-2016 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Hitler did a great job with this lol. If you are going to remain uneducated in the arena of argumentation and falicy's then you need to tuck your sack back and walk away. What a reply to: etherUFOs

edit on 27-7-2016 by Anonymous911 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-7-2016 by Anonymous911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   

This explains why law enforcement use them more on citizens than citizens do on law enforcement.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Since you are for gun control, then you actually are not against guns because guns will be needed to disarm people. So it's not that you are anti-gun. You'll need the Government's guns to take away other people's guns. So you're very pro-gun, you just believe that only the Government (which has proven to be so reliable, honest, moral , and virtuous) should be allowed to have guns. There is no such thing as gun control. There is only centralized gun ownership in the hands of a small, all-powerful political elite and their minions.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I grew up in a place with that same mentality, where real men would never pull a gun on you and if they did they were a big P****. I am a man's man and can hold my own even with people who have training because I grew up handling my business and know what I am and am not capable of. However, I moved into a state where just about everyone carries a gun and if there is one thing I learned young it is not about how tough you are.

I carry a gun to protect myself and others against the random violence that DOES happen. It is not imagined or implied, these things DO happen. I know very well that a gun doesn't solve anything, but it does even the odds. I don't live in fear because fortune favors the prepared mind, and I am prepared for everything I can see coming my way. A gun is just a tool. The bad intent is what makes them bad. Just my two cents worth.

I also live out in the woods where bears, cougars, bobcats and coyotes are common, so owning guns is also necessary. reply to: TheAmazingYeti

edit on 27-7-2016 by Coopdog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Well unfortunately there are evils in this world, thus a gun is needed for protection. I also enjoy various shooting sports.
"A fear of weapons is a sign of sexual and emotional immaturity" Freud

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   

I live on the top floor of a door man building. I highly doubt this will happen anytime soon. I promise to try meditate on this tonight to gain understanding.

Love

Harry

You're 50 years old and have never called the police.

You argue that even though gun sales have increased and crime rates have decreased, they have no correlation.

You argue that owning a gun makes you more likely to be involved in a gun-related incident. Well duh, owning a dog makes it more likely that a dog is going to crap on your carpet.

You argue that if you get into an adverse scenario, any adverse scenario, it is always your own fault but you should be fine if you have a taser or pepper spray.

...I really don't know where I'm going with this. I was trying to make some sense of this but there is really none to be made.

I'd like to think that the OP has taught us all something today. Unfortunately I don't know what that is.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I have grew up around guns my entire life, I was taught a respect for them and safety that I have kept with me since I was young. I have used my guns for tools in both hunting and sport, and I have never pulled a gun in anger, nor would I. I do not go looking for fights, and could not tell you the last time I have been in a fight. If I see a situation moving south, I attempt to remove myself from that situation, not because I am scared or a coward, but I am at a point in life where I understand that often the people who are causing a disturbance have little to nothing going for them, but I have a lot going for me and I would have more to loose than them, and to approach the situation with a gun could be seen as intent to do harm. I do own quite a few guns, more than I probably need, but it is my right to have them and I keep them locked away from prying eyes. Carrying a gun does not make you a coward, but the decisions you make with said gun could. The reality is the majority of those that own guns would never misuse them. I do feel that common sense gun laws are important and there are people who do not deserve the right to own a gun, such as felons, violent offenders, those convicted on domestic violence, mentally ill, and those suspected of ties to terrorist organizations (foreign and domestic). However, I am against the notion that certain guns should be banned, that would be like me saying we should ban the Kia Rio because it is responsible for the most automobile related deaths. Guns do not kill people. People kill people. If they do not have access to a gun, they would do it with something else. Gun control is a joke, the cities and states that have the most strict gun laws are often the ones with the highest gun related incidents, such as Chicago. I live in Kentucky, which has relaxed gun laws, and while there are shootings here, they do not seem to be anywhere near the frequencies of the places with stricter laws.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Do you know how much courage it takes to raise a gun against an armed coward?

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I guess Jefferson supported "cowards" huh?

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Naturallywired

Still here off and on but with a last name like Shores I had to take a crack at merph fishing.
That's why I'm in Brookings in relation to the topic amigo.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: superman2012

Since we haven't had any sort of aristocracy it STILL holds up.
We have NEVER been anyones subjects like all other nations.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Murders people for guacamole dip...look at 'im the CAD.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:35 PM
link   
You CIA guys really suck wookie monster. Or did Georgie Porgie Soreass hire you? The only cowards are you clowns. Live on your knees slave, while you can, your perverted midget masters are at the end of their road. I'm sure they will sacrifice cowards like you to run away like the chicken# rats they are though. If you want the guns, then come get them. If you like your life of slavery, you can keep it, BOZO.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   

I would have to say that it is the gun grabbers that are the cowards. They are the ones using fear to take away law abiding citizens rights. People advocating for the removal of guns are afraid of the everyday man. They fear and mistrust every single human being on the planet. They do not believe that people are mature or responsible enough to do as they wish without being a danger to others.

You are the coward.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: TheTROLLINGYeti

originally posted by: Thomas Paine
“The peaceable part of mankind will be continually overrun by the vile and abandoned while they neglect the means of self-defence. The supposed quietude of a good man allures the ruffian; while on the other hand, arms like laws discourage and keep the invader and the plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. The balance of power is the scale of peace. The same balance would be preserved were all the world destitute of arms, for all would be alike; but since some will not, others dare not lay them aside.... Horrid mischief would ensue were one half the world deprived of the use of them; . . . the weak will become prey.”

originally posted by: joemoe
There are about 11,000 gun homicides yearly in the US and DECREASING, as compared to 400,000 deaths by medical mistakes which is on the increase. If you want to really save lives make visits to doctors safer.

originally posted by: DAVID64
www.cdc.gov...Motor vehicle injuries are a leading cause of death among children in the United States.Better start banning cars, before you keep worrying about guns.

originally posted by: MayanBoricua
Take a look at Chicago or Detroit. Or the prohibition on drugs. Or alcohol. Prohibition INCREASES violence. Not the opposite. Remember, God had a prohibition in the Garden, and not even he succeeded. AND HE ONLY HAD TO DEAL WITH TWO PEOPLE. But you think gun prohibition will turn out differently. Are you familiar with Einstein's definition of insanity?

edit on 7282016 by MayanBoricua because: Mistakes Were Made

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join