It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guns are for cowards

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: MayanBoricua
It's neither positive nor negative. It is just a post. People have already made up their minds. I am just trying to spread a little edjumakation around here.

By the way, this gun works and folds up and looks like a cellphone. How much time would you give a cop to make the distinction if the person was coming at him with attitude?

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
If it wasn't for a gun, I wouldn't have the pleasure of responding in here and telling you how wrong you are. It's like seat beat laws. Pros & cons on both sides. Example. If you were in a wreck not wearing your seat belt and survived, and the experts tell you if you had a seat belt on you would have been killed....then your con on the seat belt issue. On the other hand if you were wearing a seat belt & it saved you ......low & behold your pro seatbelt. I shot killed a man trying to invade my home...damn glad I'm PRO SEAT BELT/GUNa reply to: TheAmazingYeti

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Has anyone in this thread, in the service or as a LEO actually shot and/or killed anyone? You can even PM me and I will not saying anything but I would be interested to know.

Killing someone is not an easy task. A person who would say it is more than likely does need a psych eval.

It is not easy.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
You say a person is a coward if they need a gun.

Make your choice for me under this example.
A person breaks into your house (or mom's basement) with a large knife and confronts you.
You have the following choices.
1. Try to run away = coward
2. Stand and bravely face an armed aggressor and give them a hug = dead.

It shouldn't be hard. There are only two choices.

edit on 27-7-2016 by atrollstalker because: I had to reload

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAmazingYeti

Yeah people with guns are cowards because they want to protect their children.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   

HARDLY
I won't move on a social issue.
THAT is for the KKK and the BLM.
I have a higher responsability to respect myself,I'M not an activist.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAmazingYeti
a reply to: thesaneone

It's a legitimate question. Why does a gun solve what pepper spray or a taser can not?

That's easy.... Pepper spray or a taser doesn't kill, sometimes they are not effective at all.

Like I said before, it's cute you require so much attention, and shame on me for responding not once but twice.

Done.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: BLee8127

So be a man and build a massive wall around your castle. It has to be at least 50 ft tall to be effective.

Here is a video to get you started

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: kyleplatinum

a reply to: thesaneone

It's a legitimate question. Why does a gun solve what pepper spray or a taser can not?

That's easy.... Pepper spray or a taser doesn't kill, sometimes they are not effective at all.

Like I said before, it's cute you require so much attention, and shame on me for responding not once but twice.

Done.

I love you very much but murder is the answer.

Love,

Harry

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: openyourmind1262
If it wasn't for a gun, I wouldn't have the pleasure of responding in here and telling you how wrong you are. It's like seat beat laws. Pros & cons on both sides. Example. If you were in a wreck not wearing your seat belt and survived, and the experts tell you if you had a seat belt on you would have been killed....then your con on the seat belt issue. On the other hand if you were wearing a seat belt & it saved you ......low & behold your pro seatbelt. I shot killed a man trying to invade my home...damn glad I'm PRO SEAT BELT/GUNa reply to: TheAmazingYeti

I would like to know more about your story.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   

LOL Seriously? Was that supposed to be funny? I wan't some of what you're smoking.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Then read the thread, The 2nd Amendment saved my life, while it took someone else's.a reply to: TheAmazingYeti

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   

If someone breaks into my home, the first thing I do is light scented candles.

Good! Everyone knows the scent of pumpkin spice or lavender neutralizes violence.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: openyourmind1262
Then read the thread, The 2nd Amendment saved my life, while it took someone else's.a reply to: TheAmazingYeti

Crazy story! I think we can all agree the robbers were cowards.

originally posted by: Butterfinger

If someone breaks into my home, the first thing I do is light scented candles.

Good! Everyone knows the scent of pumpkin spice or lavender neutralizes violence.

No! Nobody knows that because we use Frankincense.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

This is all you need to know about defending yourself against any opponent, armed with any manner of weaponry;

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   

I found some stuff to share for all to consider if you will.

Just under 5% of gun crimes are commited with legally purchased guns.

That said, of the 70 inmates who had possessed a firearm, only 2, or 2.9 percent, had bought it at a gun store. The report found that percentage was in line with the findings of the Chicago Police Department when it traced weapons seized from suspected gang members. (For a glimpse into how guns move through a community, Cook's full article is good reading.)
Legal vs illegal gun stats from inmates

Why would you consider someone a coward for wanting to be equally poised in the event of an encounter? Encounters still happen, especially when considering Black on Black gun crimes. Would a black person who purchases a gun strictly for defense due to their environment be a coward?

The 2013 FBI Uniform Crime Report, a compilation of annual crime statistics, also shows similar data: 83 percent of white victims were killed by white offenders; 90 percent of black victims were killed by black offenders; 14 percent of white victims were killed by black offenders; and 7.6 percent of black victims were killed by white offenders.

Facts of race violence per crime by the FBI

Suggesting someone should forego a gun for protection FROM a gun is terrible advice. Its like campaigning for people to use paper instead of plastic bags, there is no option; You dont show up for a gunfight with a knife, most humans cant Judo themselves out of a shooting spree.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   

The biggest cowards, in my opinion, are people like; James Holmes, Jared Loughner and Dylann Roof. Next in line are

Go ahead and ignore the large amounts of psychotropic drugs those people were on...
You are ignoring the #1 root cause of most mass shootings and deflecting it onto them being cowards.
Not only that you're intentionally ignoring the Orlando, Dallas, San Bernardino shooters to fit your narrative.

James Holmes(white)
Jared Loughner(white)
Dylann Roof(white)
Laying on the race baiting a bit hard there OP.

edit on 27-7-2016 by JAY1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   

The Average American Gun Owner -.... Ok , to Prove to you I am Not a Coward , but a Real Man , I Will Beat The Sheite out of the First Person that Tries to take My GunS , and just Resist the Urge to Bust a 2nd Amendment Right Cap in his Ahass First .

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   

So that five foot two inch woman who weighs in at 110 lbs soaking wet who has an ex-boy friend stalking her is a coward when she purchases an equalizer, eh?

As usual when one sees an issue as black and white, one misses all the gray.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join