It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guns are for cowards

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Over the past few years I have seen a lot of panic coming from the right that the left is going to somehow dismantle the second amendment. Which will be followed by a national confiscation program. In my opinion that's proof you're just a scared little man. A man-child that cannot resolve conflict without violence or deadly force.

The biggest cowards, in my opinion, are people like; James Holmes, Jared Loughner and Dylann Roof. Next in line are

Gun advocates and the NRA are fearful of unseen evils, they are the cowards, and they want everyone to cower with them. They want to sell you your own fear so you think you need a gun, they want you to be a coward. The NRA and the gun advocates have always know the price of everything and the value of nothing. It's also just good business.

Even though violent crime has been on the decline

In January 1936 Hitler's Propaganda Minister Joseph Goebbels declared, "We can do without butter, but despite all our love of peace not without arms. One cannot shoot with butter, but with guns." This began the Guns VS butter macroeconomic model. A simple relationship in a nations investment in defense vs civilian goods.

Dwight D Eisenhower in his Chance for peace speech

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children.

The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. It is two electric power plants, each serving a town of 60,000 population. It is two fine, fully equipped hospitals. It is some fifty miles of concrete pavement. We pay for a single fighter plane with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people.

This is, I repeat, the best way of life to be found on the road the world has been taking. This is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron. ... Is there no other way the world may live?

+12 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   
You can't ban guns period.

+68 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   
That must be why Obama has so many people with guns around him.

+58 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Restricting the rights of gun ownership exclusively to the government is the recipe for tyranny.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: RobotBomb

Yeah, he's probably afraid of the dangerous cowards with guns who can't resolve anything with their words.

+33 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheAmazingYeti
Gun advocates and the NRA

Hmmm ... Midway USA is promoting NRA membership ATM. A lifetime membership normally runs $1,500.00. You can get yours now for just one third the price ... five hundred bucks. That deal only comes around once in a blue moon.

Thanks for reminding me so I could let everyone else know. There are a lot of pro-2nd Amendment folks who read this site.

+49 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: TheAmazingYeti

You do what you need to do. I'm sure you'll be able to handle anything that comes your way using only your cunning and your bare hands.

As for me and my family, we'll do what's necessary to protect ourselves from people who would do us harm. If that makes me a coward in your estimation, so be it.

+46 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   

If guns are for cowards, then you should be brave and not buy one.

But it is authoritarian to force your opinion and ideology on others.

It's even easier to force your opinion on others if you are the only one holding a gun.

+18 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   

a reply to: RobotBomb

Yeah, he's probably afraid of the dangerous cowards with guns who can't resolve anything with their words.

Isn't that what legal gun owners are also nervous about?

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   
There will be a complete ban of guns in the US in the next four years.. only police, military will be carrying guns in the future as it should be and is in the rest of the world.

A person of interest informed me of this.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

It's even easier to force your opinion on others if you are the only one holding a gun.

My point exactly. If you can't make a rational argument just scare your opponent into submission. #Merica

+9 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Have you looked at the world around us lately? Do you really want to be on the losing end of someone who has a gun and wants to hurt you, or your family members? Or force you to give them all of your life's savings that you've worked so hard for?

+33 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   

An armed society is a polite society.

Their focus should be on the people who misuse an object for violent, criminal purposes, not the object itself.

A firearm is the great equalizer, especially for the weak in our society: women and the elderly.

Carrying a firearm for self protection is a right inherent to every person should they choose to exercise it.

If Emmanuel Jal and Toni Morrison choose not to exercise their constitutionally protected rights, thats their choice.

Dont attack me for exercising mine.

edit on 27-7-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

+11 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   

My point exactly. If you can't make a rational argument just scare your opponent into submission. #Merica

So why do you want to disarm people so they will be forced to obey an ideology or belief?

Or are you arguing FOR authoritarian government?

Apologies if you are.

Then it makes more sense.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Thanks, this was funny

I almost snorted coffee out if my nose when I read the first meme. So all people who are physically weak are cowards, because to find equality, they carrying a gun.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

Have you looked at the world around us lately? Do you really want to be on the losing end of someone who has a gun and wants to hurt you, or your family members? Or force you to give them all of your life's savings that you've worked so hard for?

What you're reading on the internet vs the real world are two very different things. Stop consuming fear and hate!

I even provided some proof in the OP that violence is on a downward trend...

+22 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Owning a gun does not make you a coward, it makes you prepared for the worst. Nether of the quotes you posted insinuate gun ownership to be cowardly. They describe the owner, not the ownership of the gun.

I have the right to bear arms, and I'm glad I have that right.

Furthermore, taking that away from me and everyone else is not going to protect me or anyone else. The people who want guns for illegal use will still get them and still kill people with them.

We live in an f'ed up world, but taking away guns from people with no criminal record will not make us safer.
edit on 7/27/2016 by scojak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   

So why do you want to disarm people so they will be forced to obey an ideology or belief?

Apologies if you are.

I didn't say anything about disarming people. I just said you're coward if you NEED a gun.
edit on 27-7-2016 by TheAmazingYeti because: (no reason given)

+13 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Apologies if you are.

I didn't say anything about disarming people. I just said you're coward if you NEED a gun.

You're implying it is preferable to not own one, unless you are advocating for cowardice.

Only authoritarians want a disarmed society.

I'm assuming then, you are advocating for dictatorships and authoritarian rule.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Kind of like this guy, who breaks leather over a petty argument & fistfight, a fight he started & promptly failed at.

Kentucky man sparks panic in movie theater after pulling gun on child who kicked his seat.
www.rawstory.com...

As the father was winning the brawl, the other man pulled out a gun, asking, “What the [expletive] are you going to do now?”

Whatever permits, writs or government slips that allows this moran(sic)TM to own weapons needs be revoked promptly.

What I always get a chuckle out of are the idiots who feel it necessary to pack AR's or AK's to go grocery shopping.
LOL Anyone paranoid enough to feel they need that kind of hardware on their person all the time is the last person who should have access.

K~

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join