It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the LHC responsible for worldwide earthquakes?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Why did you think they needed to release that much energy ? To speed the particles up to 99% of the speed of light. The speed of light ,get it?

I can see the light. It streams down onto the earth in the form of photons, gamma rays, X-rays and cosmic rays all day. any puny human effort to affect the earths tectonics is like shining a flash light at the sun.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I don't know some nukes on the faults especially volatile ones or beneath super volcanoes would do it.

We could probably seriously effect the core itself as well with atomic weapons.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: nobunaga
www.inquisitr.com... o-conspiracy-theorists-video/

“The LHC creates the biggest magnetic field on the planet… It would be naive to not at least consider this is contributing to all of the recent quakes.”

according to some conspiracy theorists, the lhc was shut down after it supposedly triggered a mag 7 earthquake on Malakula Island, Vanuatu, on April 28, 2016. Now if the LHC creates a giant magnetic field, how does that cause an earthquake in an isolated area?
is this all a coincidence? bad timing> or is the LHC really creating a magnetic field so great, that it can create worldwide earthquakes?

The LHC has been causing major earthquakes around the world for years, conspiracy theorists claim. It was allegedly responsible for the massive earthquake that shook Nepal in April 2015, leading to the loss of thousands of lives.

It was also responsible for the recent earthquake in Papua Guinea and the magnitude 8.8 mega quake in Chile in 2010, according to the conspiracy theory blog Conscious Life News.

i am getting kinda sick of hearing all the different things this machine can do. it causes weather phenomenon, tornadoes, hurricanes, it can make a black hole and all matter would get sucked it.
it creates worm holes, and it opens portals to other dimensions. it opened a stargate in the guld of aden , and aliens and demons came through it. did i miss any??????????????????????????
anyways, i understand the purpose of these particle accelerators, especially after they announced they found the god particle. so what else can this machine do?
can it go back in time and get hillary's deleted emails?
who runs the LHC in actuality?
who funded this thing???????
so what i gathered from your OP is that.

it causes weather phenomenon, tornadoes, hurricanes, it can make a black hole and all matter would get sucked it.

Wait a minute, while i share this with facebook.

who runs the LHC in actuality?

According to my sources on youtube, there are shapeshifting reptile aliens running the show in europe. We should probably find them and give them a reality show so people will pay attention to what they are doing.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   
More like a lightning bug , but yes.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

The total energy released by the particle collision of course. There was no "new matter" found or created , just discovered types of particles. See ,they knew what they were looking for and in which energy and mass range , and for the most part ,they were correct. Anti-matter has been created and held for a long long time now. But not enough to fear. Anti-matter is not the bad-ass stuff that people believe it to be. For total annihilation of the particles to occur , , both matter and anti-matter have to contain a "matching set" . Such as 25 particles of hydrogen and 25 particles of anti-hydrogen.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

What is your point?

I haven't said any different.

However what you are not explaining is that the military as well as space travel propulsion engineers are considering using antimatter as well as the medical field. All things being researched through particle physics and particle colliders. My brother is a particle physicist and did post grad work at his alma matter at the u of Chicago at Fermi labs.

I am saying the expirement verifications and discovery done are what will lead to energy production, weaponry (unfortunately), and medical use among other things.

And yeah z (4430)tetra and pentaquarks for instance are coming and being verified from lhc expirements.

As far as what I said about the lhc expirements creating events. I was simply referring to the possibility the failure of magnetic containment in some expirements would result in a local event. Nothing doomsday.

And yes we can definitely effect the faults if that was out goal with current technology. For instance drilling and placing series of explosions from atomic weapons.
edit on 27-7-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

I don't know some nukes on the faults especially volatile ones or beneath super volcanoes would do it.

We could probably seriously effect the core itself as well with atomic weapons.

Forgetting for a moment how to get a nuke 'under' a super volcano, let alone to the core of the earth.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   

The bomb doesn't have to go under anything. It just has to create a foreshock. It's the percussion part of triggering the release of stored energy. Pretty basic stuff.

And besides we can drill very deep already we have made it about 6 miles.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   

The bomb doesn't have to go under anything.

Should pay attention to what you are claiming from one post to the next.

Making stuff up on the fly isn't helping your position.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

The bomb doesn't have to go under anything.

Should pay attention to what you are claiming from one post to the next.

Making stuff up on the fly isn't helping your position.

I am not making anything up though you should take your own advice. Obviously we can trigger earthquakes if that was our goal and yeah digging six miles below the earth into volcanic structure and placing a series of nukes to stress the volcanoes structure would certainly work.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Obviously we can trigger earthquakes if that was our goal and yeah digging six miles below the earth into volcanic structure and placing a series of nukes to stress the volcanoes structure would certainly work.

But... so far...Its all in your head.

There it will remain. Just like your switch from LHC to 'nukes'.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   

My switching was you making up a statement that puny humans couldn't possibly effect the faults. Which is as dumb as it gets.

I agree though the lhc would at worst create a small localized event if there were a failure of the lhc.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   

My switching was you making up a statement that puny humans couldn't possibly effect the faults. Which is as dumb as it gets.

You're the one making dumb stuff up...

sorry, abandoning you here like everyone else. What am I stupid or what?

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: nobunaga

At least now I know why the White Sox took the first two games from the Cubs. I knew there had to be a logical explanation!!

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Hide your wives. Hide your children. LHC is coming!

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

You're the one making dumb stuff up...

sorry, abandoning you here like everyone else. What am I stupid or what?

Really what have I made up and who has abandoned me?

Let's see you said puny humans cant effect faults. Not true. Even a simple damn and the pressure from water weight can effect faults.

What have I made up? Have we not verified expirements and discovered that there is another form of matter. A prediction is not a discovery until you can repeat and verify results. So yeah they are working on discovering new forms of matter.

All these things have eventual uses in energy, weaponry, medicine and just simply cosmological knowledge. We dont have to focus solely on space for Cosmology anymore because of this types of equiptment.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23
a reply to: nobunaga

At least now I know why the White Sox took the first two games from the Cubs. I knew there had to be a logical explanation!!

They're creating cursed billy goats at the LHC.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: NightFlight

Sure the expirement themselves or failed containment could create a variety of events depending on the expirement. The likely hood is pretty low.

They LHC doesn't need to "contain" the collisions they produce because of any threat that the particle collisions themselves might cause damage. The collisions are very low energy (total energy) because of the low masses involved in the particles that are colliding...

...For example: a mosquito hitting your face as you rode a motorcycle at 100 km/h is far less total energy than a bowling ball hitting you in the face if you were instead running at only 25 km/h. Any containment that the LHC creates is simply in order to focus the collisions better and/or to be able to image the results. If those collisions happened in the open air, you wouldn't even notice.

edit on 2016-7-27 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Yes LHC is causing earthquakes! They are opening portals to hell to bring Hitler back too!

Let's look at the numbers. The LHC is one of a few dozen experiments at CERN (a consortium of countries). The magnetic field strength is 8.3 Tesla. Your MRI machines can reach as much as 10 T but are typical lower around 3 T. How many MRI machines are out there in the world? Heck, it takes 10,000 gauss to make 1 T. You have a fridge? The magnetic strength in one is about 100 gauss. How many refrigerators are there in the world? If you have 10, you have a total of 1,000 gauss. Have a hundred? You would have 1 T. You would need 830 fridges to get 8.3 T.

Since there are many more fridges than 830 in the world then we have nailed our culprit! Refrigerators are causing earthquakes!

Hey this conspiracy stuff is fun if you add in math!
edit on 27-7-2016 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: tori spelling

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: nobunaga
do we have any nuclear physicists on this site???????
what actually happens when particles collide? does it create a magnetic field?

does the machine running at full speed create a field? and how?

what kind of energy is created by this machine? what is powering the LHC? if it needs that much power, do the lights dim in the area?

One doesn't have to be a nuclear physicist to know how the lhc works and what happens when the collisions occur. The basics are easy to grasp. I'd explain but im in bed. Night.

Also they are called particle physicists.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join