It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Your views and ideas on security at churches?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 08:48 AM
a reply to: CX

My mom's husband (her fourth marriage...he's not really my stepdad, per se) and her attend church, and he and some of the other deacons got together and, if they have a CCDW permit and wanted to (and were willing to do consistent training together), they could be part of the church security team. Only the pastor and a few select others know who carries in the church, but at any given service, I think that there are at least three or four concealed pistols in attendance.

To me, that is a perfect example of what to do, assuming that they train regularly and properly. I have no idea, because I don't do the religion thing and I live 2,000 miles away from them, so it's hard to know what they're actually doing, but in theory (and, apparently, in practice), it seems like about the most appropriate way to go about protecting a congregation. I'm sure that, where allowed by state law, that there are many in attendance carrying concealed as well.

Just to throw this out there--armed guards are never the best option, because if someone is intent on causing harm and has at least a 5th-grade education, they can figure out that the armed guard should be the first person that they take out. Having inconspicuous security is the best bet.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 09:10 AM
With my own personal experience, security guards may give peace of mind but they're not really effective.
Why, because do you seriously believe they'll risk their own lives to protect you for their small salary?
Most security guards just sit and do nothing. It's better to carry a concealed pistol yourself.
A long term solution would be to restrict Muslim immigration and support emigration, christianization or secularization.
Their culture can't work with ours, just like ours is not apply-able in Saudi Arabia and Iran.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 09:12 AM
a reply to: ketsuko

Hey!! No Common Sense Solutions!!
We may have a pandemic of critical thinking and you know where that leads.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 09:30 AM

originally posted by: ArdentAngel

If your faith is strong, why not just pray for god to keep you safe.

BINGO! god is all power and all knowing so i say let him provide the security for the churches,unless.......

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 01:38 PM
a reply to: TrueBrit

The hole in the forehead is said to have been pierced by a spear thrown at a man seeking sanctuary. That's probably a photograph of the replica made when acid rain began eroding the original.

Sanctuary is not denied without penalty.

Becket fled to the Cathedral where a service was in progress. The knights found him at the altar, drew their swords and began hacking at their victim finally splitting his skull.

The death of Becket unnerved the king. The knights who did the deed to curry the king's favor, fell into disgrace. Several miracles were said to occur at the tomb of the martyr and he was soon canonized. Hordes of pilgrims transformed Canterbury Cathedral into a shrine. Four years later, in an act of penance, the king donned a sack-cloth walking barefoot through the streets of Canterbury while eighty monks flogged him with branches.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 04:09 PM
Well in the US we have the KKK a (radical Christian if you insist on using such lables) white supremacists group which has a long history of attacking Black Christina Churches, Catholic Churches, Jewish Synagogue, Mosques and even a the Sikhs because the morons though they were Muslims.

These are pretty common in the US, over 60 Mosques attacked last year, dozens of black churches fire in the 1990s, and attacks on all of them range from shootings to bombs, to burning s. It does not get much play here because... well I oo not know why. The KKK uses the same lone wolf tactic that ISIS does but, they get much better results for decades and nobody really seems to do anything about it.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 12:39 AM

originally posted by: TrueBrit

I wonder, is it necessary for a person who believes that their immortal soul will enter heaven when they die, to have more protection for their mortal life, than they can provide themselves by their own selves?

It is shameful and horrible that people were murdered at all, but I have to say, weapons have no place inside, or on the grounds of, a house of God. If someone wants to violate the sanctity of a Church, by shedding blood on its grounds, then their soul is forfeit. If a person who has faith in Jesus dies, they go to his side. Although sad for the families of those who die in these attacks, I cannot help but feel that it is somewhat impossible to believe in Christ, and fear the death of their flesh.

What should any believer care, whether they get to heaven this week or in forty years?

So what is a house of God, thats a little religious isnt it, "sanctified ground" bit hollywood, movie time tv stuff.

"Don't you realize that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you and was given to you by God? You do not belong to yourself, English Standard"
‎1 Corinthians 6:19

I dont mind preachy people, just preachy people who dont understand it
Their soul is forfeit...WHAT???

Truebrit, do you know how many christians died in France, Germany, Belgium, ME and North Africa etc protecting their homeland, waste of time, selfish gits, should have just surrendered to the axis powers hey?

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 12:58 AM
Hide riflemen in an elevated position.
Use pistol caliber carbines with frangible ammunition so theres no travel after initial impact.
edit on 28-7-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 01:02 AM
a reply to: cavtrooper7

i would like to see the cost analysis for this " plan "

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 01:03 AM
a reply to: ignorant_ape

VETS won't charge.
IT'S an honor,also they have the shoot /no shoot, thing down pretty well.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 02:12 AM
a reply to: Raggedyman

There is a significant difference between a person dying to protect his countrymen from ALL OUT MILITARY INVASION, and individuals dying in isolated incidents. First of all, if a person gives his life, that someone else might live, that is noble and the Bible says as much. That is the sort of business that folk were about when fighting the Nazis.

And there is nothing stopping a parishioner from giving their life to save another in the midst of a terror attack like the one which occurred in that Church either. However, being afraid to die, such that no one acts at all? Being so afraid that you cannot move when you MUST move, whether it kills you or not, proves a distinct lack of willingness to do such a duty.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 02:19 AM

originally posted by: CX
So what in your opinion would be a good option when it comes to security?

First thing that comes to mind is to stop believing in fairy tales and avoid churches all together and do something more productive.

Obviously not everyone thinks like that, so honestly - just go to them as you would.

The whole point of terrorism is to make you fearful and scared. Don't let them win.

Otherwise, where can you go? What can you do if every public gathering is a target? You can't have armed guards on every public place 24x7 - thats what the c**t terrorists want.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 02:34 AM
a reply to: noonebutme

VERY WELL you've resisted the nasty Christians, we are exploring our subject not your views on faith.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 02:46 AM
a reply to: cavtrooper7

sigh - you have not thought this through at all have you ?

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 02:49 AM
a reply to: ignorant_ape'll see if it gets bad.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 03:41 AM
Surely anyone praying in a church who gets killed knows it's Gods will? I don't see the issue unless it's a wedding and those church museums where none religious go have security anyway.

It's all good no?

edit on 28 7 2016 by Forensick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 03:46 AM

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
...we are exploring our subject not your views on faith.

But very relevant - the entire Islamic terrorist threat is ALL about faith.

If people resisted faith in general and woke up from fairy tales, we wouldn't be in this situation in the first place and going to any public gathering wouldn't be a target for people of faith against others of faith.

After all, this latest attack was directed at a Christian church, by people of faith against those of a different flavour of faith. All of it made up. A real shame.
edit on 28-7-2016 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 04:10 AM
a reply to: noonebutme

LET us know AFTER it comes to pass.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 04:33 AM
a reply to: TrueBrit

So wait a sec, you are saying if they react and kill people on sanctified ground, whatever that means, their destined for hell or evil or something
Then if they don't kill they are cowards
It doesn't matter what a person does you are going to have a grizzle about it arnt ya

That's its ok to kill in a war but not in a terrorist action to defend a church ( the church is the people not the building, ok)
Get some oil on that pohm

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 04:34 AM
a reply to: Forensick

That's an opinion, where do you get that theology from
How do you come up with that

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>