It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your views and ideas on security at churches?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
CX

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Hi all,

I'm just thinking aloud here after discussing the recent church attack in France with friends of mine.

Some people immediately started shouting for armed guards on each church door, however with tens of thousands of churches throughout France, it would be simply impossible. Also many churches wouldn't want armed guards with weapons at thier door.

So what in your opinion would be a good option when it comes to security?

If armed guards are not an option, i feel that anything else would be maybe a deterrent, followed by an early warning system once the attack has started.

I envisage volunteers being at the entrance of each church, a "greeter" so to speak. Some churches already have these. These would be the eyes and ears that react to anything/anyone suspicious coming near the church. It would be good if they had access to a panic button of some kind, which patched straight through to the police. Maybe one on the lecterns that the vicars stand at to read their sermons. They have full view of the church, should anyone come in like in the attacks, just a press of the button under the lectern could alert authorities of an emergency.

Yes i appreciate that the volunteer on the door would essentialy be at great risk, but i know people would offer to do this if it meant protecting their fellow parishiners.

CCTV of course... viewable by an offsite agency would be good, so live views from the inside and outside of the churches were available to any responding units

Like i said, i'm just thinking aloud. I appreciate that much of what i've said costs money, but most churches aren't exactly short of a few pennies, so a couple of decent cameras and maybe an alert button system would not be astronomical in price considering the reasons for it.

Here in the UK, we have a system that the elderly and disabled can use in thier homes if they want, it's called "Lifeline".

Something happens in the home, a fall or whatever other emergency and the occupant of the house presses a button on either a wristband or a necklace. This immediately calls the call centre via a telephone unit somewhere in the house. This also has a speaker on it. The call centre operative then speaks to you, find out what the problem is and acts accordingly.....dispatching emergency services if need be.

I'm thinking along these kind of lines, but with the call centre being the local police unit. Pubs here have them too, i know my local has a panic button behind the bar, if anything serious happens in the bar, they just hit it and officers are there within minutes.

So what do you think? Would it work as a least a first alert? Is the idea flawed?

Nothing is perfect i know, and i appreciate that you could kit out every church with this gear and they could start attacking shopping malls, or community centres.

Thanks for reading this and thanks in advance for any replies or ideas.

CX.

edit on 27/7/16 by CX because: (no reason given)

edit on 27/7/16 by CX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Don´t visit any sects temples, don´t fall for the "god"(doens´t matter which cult, sect) fairy tales and you are secure...

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 05:26 AM
link   
a reply to: CX

There was an attempt by two men to stage a shooting attack in a pub that was thwarted when they found themselves being pelted with every bottle and glass at hand. Bibles and hymn books don't have quite the same potential, but a barrage of books could help distract the assailants while more adequate defensive weaponry is found.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 05:32 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

The old British churches are built on measurable energy lines. Originally dancing, singing and healing took place within these secure public places. Then the preachers took over, introduced seating, and said, "Sit down and listen, Plebs!"

If you ever encounter an old British church that has had all the seating removed you'll notice the acoustics are very impressive. The churches were designed and built as acoustical healing centres accentuating the utterance of healing chants and noises.

There are reasons for visiting churches and indulging in group singing that have nothing to do with cults or brainwashing.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Its a hard question CX, you cant guard every church the same way you cant guard any public space open to an attack.

I guess its gotta be a mixture of government intelligence (which has prevented many attacks in the UK) and personal protective procedures, whether that be; panic buttons, firearms, CCTV etc.

Its an awful time at the moment, people are on edge in Europe and although we don't have a declaration of war from the government or bomb shelters in our backyard, We are at war.. so what ever measures you see fit to protect your home-front should be expressed.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

Plus 80 year old priests tend not to fight back. The last thing a psycho Jihadist would want is to be punched unconscious and taken alive. Oh, the indignity!

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 06:03 AM
link   

The simplest answer: Close all churches/synagogues/mosques/temples or other places of worship.

They're all wasting their time anyway.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 06:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ericthedoubter

The simplest answer: Close all churches/synagogues/mosques/temples or other places of worship.

They're all wasting their time anyway.

and if they don't close willingly, burn them down and shoot the dissenters
Heard that before
Remember Stalin, PolPot and Mao, just like an average atheist

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Ericthedoubter

While were at it why dont we shut down nightclubs, schools, art centers? I mean freedom of speech, expression and religion dont matter right?

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 06:55 AM
link   
how about " god " protecting churches

that will work [ /sarcasm ]

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Some churches in the US were encouraging their licensed parishoners to carry.

Another route would be securing the borders and better vetting of those coming into your country as a general security measure.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Luckily, here in the states, we just concealed carry a handgun.

Problem solved.

www.usconcealedcarry.com...

edit on 27-7-2016 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 07:13 AM
link   

I wonder, is it necessary for a person who believes that their immortal soul will enter heaven when they die, to have more protection for their mortal life, than they can provide themselves by their own selves?

It is shameful and horrible that people were murdered at all, but I have to say, weapons have no place inside, or on the grounds of, a house of God. If someone wants to violate the sanctity of a Church, by shedding blood on its grounds, then their soul is forfeit. If a person who has faith in Jesus dies, they go to his side. Although sad for the families of those who die in these attacks, I cannot help but feel that it is somewhat impossible to believe in Christ, and fear the death of their flesh.

What should any believer care, whether they get to heaven this week or in forty years?

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

This is supreme disrespect for Holy Ground.

This is the same religion that is supposed to respect the other peoples of the book at least, but clearly they have decided it does not matter. We go out of our way to try to respect their holy sites even thought they use that against us by making them arms depots and attacking from them, and now they are coming right into the churches and attacking and beheading the infidels.

I have to wonder how piously you will tamely accept execution if the day comes. I'm not talking about renouncing Him, but I'm talking about simply sitting and letting them take your head.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Its as if you have forgotten how to read.

First paragraph of the post you responded to.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Anyone else finding the irony in this...

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   

"Good morning sir! Please empty your pockets and step through the metal detector. Today's sermon is about putting your trust in the Lord. Enjoy!"

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Orionx2

it's frightening, isn't it?
edit on 27-7-2016 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   

If your faith is strong, why not just pray for god to keep you safe.

edit on 27-7-2016 by ArdentAngel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Or perhaps everyone who is afraid of the "islamic threat", just stays home and locks themselves in the closet until Bill O'rielly says it's safe.

Or have everyone pull out the mandatory bulletproof vest from under their pew before opening the hymn book.

Or maybe they could just accept that it was all part of god's plan to have that preachers head cut off? Why don't people trust in their god's plan? It's like they don't care what god wants.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join