It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Friendly Reminder: Donald Trump Still Hasn’t Released His Tax Returns

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: UKTruth

POST A LINK! Put up or shut up!

I do not need to , as I have informed myself before sounding off without all the facts.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   
As soon as his audit is done, I will be disappointed if Trump does not release his tax returns.

In the meantime, while he is under audit it would be stupid to release *anything*

lawnewz.com...

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
I commented about this yesterday, I said Clinton should jokingly ask assange to leak Trump's tax returns and we will so just how tight Trump and Putin are.

Except it is Clinton "they" seem to fear.

I find that interesting.

Clinton should be feared. Just look at the scandal surrounding her. Not a woman you want to get the wrong side of and I would advise anyone not to let their guard down around her.

Just like Kerry and the Swiftboaters.

And who was behind that?

The Russians?

Look at Kerry, look what he's done as another one of Obama's SoS.

Think he would make a fair to middling potus?

Not even.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   

I don't believe that any such letter even exists. You're refusal to post a link to back up your claims belies you're deceit. Just like your leader, lying Trump.

edit on 29-7-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   

I don't believe that any such letter even exists. You're refusal to post a link to back up your claims belies you're deceit. Just like your leader, lying Trump.

As I said you can assume or believe anything you want.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: matafuchs

Look. I don't care about your silly semantics right here. The point is that you were wrong. This is a 40 year uninterrupted precedent that you are allowing Trump to break. Just because, and you are trying to distract from talking about Trump to talk about Democrats.

The Trumpets don't want him to release them because that will expose yet another lie Trump has been telling and that is how much he is worth.

His Tax return wouldn't have that information. In fact on his personal tax return wouldn't show much his corporate tax returns under the businesses he owN would show more but I don't think you want him to release all those from over 200 companies he owns.

He released a financial statement take the time to read it it's much more detailed than a tax return. If Trump's accountant is smart trump doesn't have access to more than 500 million in personal assets. The rest should be under corporations if his accountant Is half smart.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Still, there is nothing stopping Trump from release past tax returns.....nothing but his own fear of being outed! It's really simple.

No it's not simple.

He probably has different fiscal years for many companies, add in extensions and such, all the years are relevant to the present.

It's not like your job that resets and you can basically fill out a short form 1040 or whatever it's called now.

Just imagine his deductions for 500 different companies. Imagine the tax variations.

His overseas interests, etc.

I'm sure Trump doesn't hit the local H&R Block to get his done.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu
As soon as his audit is done, I will be disappointed if Trump does not release his tax returns.

In the meantime, while he is under audit it would be stupid to release *anything*

lawnewz.com...

Yeah I posted that earlier - would be nonsensical to release his returns (even though legally he can) in the middle of an audit. Especially when his lawyers have said that he is currently in audit form 2009 onward and previous numbers all the way back to 2002 could also be used in the audit. They also said he has 500 separate entities in the audit all doing multiple deals. Slightly more complex than your average tax return. Throw in the scrutiny it will be under and it's no wonder he is making sure it is as clean and by the numbers as possible. Smart man, especially with political hacks out to get him.

I'm afraid some people have just been conned by the media attacks on this and are dutifully acting as attack dogs driven by political bias.
edit on 29/7/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Pleading the 5th and claiming your lawyer advises him not to is pretty much the same.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Your right corporate taxes are often conected between the years. An investment made say 5 years ago could still be a deduction now with depreciation. And then other investments which they thought they were making money on can turn out to be a net loss.

Other thing people don't get is corporate taxes are paid quarterly they estimate taxes every 4 months and pay. It's never right that means they have to go back and correct previous filings constantly through an audit in by the feds and his accountats are having many sleepless nights. And to be honest couldn't tell you at any given time what hes paid in taxes until at least 2 years when it is settled except of course audits

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Your right corporate taxes are often conected between the years.

Nobody is asking for The Trump Corporation tax returns. We're asking for his personal tax returns. Donald Trump, the corporation, isn't running for president, regardless of Citizen's United!

edit on 29-7-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
Pleading the 5th and claiming your lawyer advises him not to is pretty much the same.

LOL, hardly.

He's under audit from 2009, including continuing transactions potentially back to 2002 - as his lawyers have confirmed (not what he says)
Congrats to him for not jumping the gun and risking providing bullets to political enemies.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
you dare criticize Trump on ats, get ready for nonsensical logic and deflections.
you'll get more replies about other people or candidates than you will about Trump.

but I don't think Trump needs to provide anything to his worshippers. I don't think trump will provide anything. it makes no difference at this point.

vote Trump. let's be great together.

Trump hasnt provided anything of any significance since he started his campaign......

And yet Jim Jones would be envious of the following he has acquired........hed probably ask for the Kool-aid recipe!

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   

a reply to: dragonridr

Your right corporate taxes are often conected between the years.

Nobody is asking for Trump Corporate tax returns. We're asking for his personal tax returns. Donald Trump, the corporation isn't running to president, regardless of Citizen's United!

He runs nearly all of his businesses as sole proprietorships and partnerships. His personal income comes from those businesses. Again, already explained by his lawyers.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Him not providing his personal tax returns is a silver bullet.

No matter how some of you are trying to downplay it the millions that are on the fence about the guy are the ones who will scrutinize the move the most and they are the ones who will decide the election.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: odzeandennz
you dare criticize Trump on ats, get ready for nonsensical logic and deflections.
you'll get more replies about other people or candidates than you will about Trump.

but I don't think Trump needs to provide anything to his worshippers. I don't think trump will provide anything. it makes no difference at this point.

vote Trump. let's be great together.

Trump hasnt provided anything of any significance since he started his campaign......

And yet Jim Jones would be envious of the following he has acquired........hed probably ask for the Kool-aid recipe!

If you are talking about his taxes then its all very clear. He is under audit and has said he will release his returns when that is complete. Hi lawyers have confirmed he is under audit all the way back to 2009, which also could effect ongoing transactions all the way back as far as from 2002. Would you like to see his returns from 15 years ago? Maybe that would help you decide who to vote for? Well hopefully not.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Again, already explained by his lawyers.

An unverified claim.

You see, the goal of tax cheats is usually not to save money for some corporation, but to avoid using their own shekels to pay for personal expenses. Why pay for their own homes, food, golf rounds, cars or flights—or the taxes thereon—when their companies can pick up the tab? But personal expenses charged to a company counts as compensation, and failing to report such perks as taxable income is illegal.

This kind of personal and professional line-blurring is a hallmark of the real estate tax cheat—those people who control whole construction firms, golf courses and hotel crews and who don’t get 1099s and W-2s for all the work they order and the perks they get. Perhaps the most famous example of this kind of fraud comes from New York real estate billionaire Leona Helmsley, who, in 1989 was convicted of having her real estate company pay for personal improvements, including a new dance floor, at her 21-room weekend home in Connecticut, without paying taxes on such benefits. (Helmsley, by the way, is famous for saying, “We don’t pay taxes. Only little guys pay taxes.”)

Trump doesn’t deserve any special treatment here. Prior to being confirmed for any senior government position, every presidential appointee has to produce and authorize access to every W-2, 1099, tax filing, mortgage payment, loan or investment document, and brokerage statement ever signed or received. During my personal background investigation to become a U.S. ambassador, two IRS agents arrived at my office unannounced one day to grill me about $210 of income—a check for appearing for two days in a movie—that they thought I had failed to report. Only by proving that the $210 was earned that January—and thus would be reported on the following year’s return—was my confirmation assured. If appointees are forced to go through that, finalists for the most important job in the world should at least have to disclose and prove who pays their rent and bills. Read more: www.politico.com... Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook

Any scrutiny should focus first on Mar-A-Largo, Trump’s weekend and vacation oasis in Palm Beach, Florida, and former estate of Marjorie Merriweather Post. As the East Coast financial elite will attest, having a second home for leisure in Palm Beach is a pretty expensive luxury. Trump explains the financial status of Mar-A-Largo on the home page of the Mar-A-Largo website: “Since purchasing this landmark in 1985, I spend many weekends and holidays at this home away from home. When I made it a club in 1995, (126 rooms made it a very big house), I kept private quarters and designed the club to provide the best amenities possible for our members.” The relevant questions are few and should be quite easy for Trump to answer and to prove: Did Trump pay personally when he bought Mar-A-Largo in 1985? During the time that it was his personal vacation residence from 1985-1995, did his company deduct any of the acquisition costs, real estate taxes, insurance or utilities as a corporate expense? In other words, did he and his family alone live in this vacation home for 10 years while having the government and the rest of us pay for all or some as a business expense? Or, if a corporation bought Mar-A-Largo and provided it as a corporate perk, did Trump pay taxes on the benefit? Read more: www.politico.com... Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

Him not providing his personal tax returns is a silver bullet.

No matter how some of you are trying to downplay it the millions that are on the fence about the guy are the ones who will scrutinize the move the most and they are the ones who will decide the election.

And how many will decide based on tax returns? There are a lot of upset liberals desperate to use any info to hit him with screaming very loudly, but that hardly matters. As for people who REALLY care, I suspect they will understand that what he has said is spot on. He's under audit and will release them when its done. It does not appear to be hurting him in the polls.
edit on 29/7/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Again, already explained by his lawyers.

An unverified claim.

You see, the goal of tax cheats is usually not to save money for some corporation, but to avoid using their own shekels to pay for personal expenses. Why pay for their own homes, food, golf rounds, cars or flights—or the taxes thereon—when their companies can pick up the tab? But personal expenses charged to a company counts as compensation, and failing to report such perks as taxable income is illegal.

This kind of personal and professional line-blurring is a hallmark of the real estate tax cheat—those people who control whole construction firms, golf courses and hotel crews and who don’t get 1099s and W-2s for all the work they order and the perks they get. Perhaps the most famous example of this kind of fraud comes from New York real estate billionaire Leona Helmsley, who, in 1989 was convicted of having her real estate company pay for personal improvements, including a new dance floor, at her 21-room weekend home in Connecticut, without paying taxes on such benefits. (Helmsley, by the way, is famous for saying, “We don’t pay taxes. Only little guys pay taxes.”)

Trump doesn’t deserve any special treatment here. Prior to being confirmed for any senior government position, every presidential appointee has to produce and authorize access to every W-2, 1099, tax filing, mortgage payment, loan or investment document, and brokerage statement ever signed or received. During my personal background investigation to become a U.S. ambassador, two IRS agents arrived at my office unannounced one day to grill me about $210 of income—a check for appearing for two days in a movie—that they thought I had failed to report. Only by proving that the $210 was earned that January—and thus would be reported on the following year’s return—was my confirmation assured. If appointees are forced to go through that, finalists for the most important job in the world should at least have to disclose and prove who pays their rent and bills. Read more: www.politico.com... Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook

Any scrutiny should focus first on Mar-A-Largo, Trump’s weekend and vacation oasis in Palm Beach, Florida, and former estate of Marjorie Merriweather Post. As the East Coast financial elite will attest, having a second home for leisure in Palm Beach is a pretty expensive luxury. Trump explains the financial status of Mar-A-Largo on the home page of the Mar-A-Largo website: “Since purchasing this landmark in 1985, I spend many weekends and holidays at this home away from home. When I made it a club in 1995, (126 rooms made it a very big house), I kept private quarters and designed the club to provide the best amenities possible for our members.” The relevant questions are few and should be quite easy for Trump to answer and to prove: Did Trump pay personally when he bought Mar-A-Largo in 1985? During the time that it was his personal vacation residence from 1985-1995, did his company deduct any of the acquisition costs, real estate taxes, insurance or utilities as a corporate expense? In other words, did he and his family alone live in this vacation home for 10 years while having the government and the rest of us pay for all or some as a business expense? Or, if a corporation bought Mar-A-Largo and provided it as a corporate perk, did Trump pay taxes on the benefit? Read more: www.politico.com... Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook

What has some speculative propaganda got to do with it?

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Everything.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join