It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Friendly Reminder: Donald Trump Still Hasn’t Released His Tax Returns

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: Annee

We're talking Tax Returns prior to election.

Not how you perceive Republicans treating Obama.

Don't change the subject.

Seriously

Accusing me of changing the subject?

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Not talking about Democrats. Showing a break in pattern. Like not releasing tax returns.

You did not read the article. Let me change it so it is not about Obama

The article added that the current president “is poised to be the most active sitting president on the campaign trail in decades,” which is both true and interesting in ways the political world hasn’t really considered in earnest yet. The president obviously isn’t the only modern two-term president, but he’s likely to be the only one who’s played a high-profile electoral role during his eighth year.

There is no precedent. How can there be when it is not a required act? To be honest,

Individual income tax returns — including those of public figures — are private information, protected by law from unauthorized disclosure. Indeed, the Internal Revenue Service is barred from releasing any taxpayer information whatsoever, except to authorized agencies and individuals.

A candidate should not release them.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Or unwritten rule. The article basically disproves his point.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Not seriously, but I was hoping for a laugh and some levity in the conversation....

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Not seriously, but I was hoping for a laugh and some levity in the conversation....

OK, lets chill

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: blargo

How...an unwritten rule? The article? Which one?

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Birth certificates and school records are also a matter of private record but that didn't stop Trump from screaming to see Obama's did it?
edit on 9000000005931America/ChicagoFri, 29 Jul 2016 15:36:59 -05002010 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Sorry, we are talking about Taxes here...ask Annee.....she will agree.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   

LOL

I like you funny.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Look. I don't care about your silly semantics right here. The point is that you were wrong. This is a 40 year uninterrupted precedent that you are allowing Trump to break. Just because, and you are trying to distract from talking about Trump to talk about Democrats.

The Trumpets don't want him to release them because that will expose yet another lie Trump has been telling and that is how much he is worth.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   

No problem but he hasn't released them so how can you talk about them?

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

Birth certificates and school records are also a matter of private record but that didn't stop Trump from screaming to see Obama's did it?

LOL

Trump Refuses To Release His College Transcript Despite Once Demanding Obama Release His dailycaller.com...

Just more "shoe on the other foot" hypocrisy!
edit on 29-7-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Go blow your trumpet...
The DNC and GOP have been going at him for over a year. Good luck. Half a billion dollars spent and he still wins and it surging.

If you look at his current Personal Financial Disclosures, which are required, he is actually worth more. He made a killing off some Apple stock.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

We should be talking about taxes but I'll bite.

So what! Obamas were requested because there were questions he even attended or graduated from some schools. In many cases no one remembers him. Everyone remembers Trump. Do you really care what he got in Calc?

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: UKTruth

Because his lawyers told him not to. That could be it....

For all the previous years in which audits have been completed? Nope. Not buying that crap!

Trump is effectively telling the tax paying middle class that he's taking the 5th, in order to not incriminate himself in tax fraud and expose the fact that he's been lying to the American people.

You don;t have to 'buy it'. That is exactly what his lawyers have said and other lawyers have agreed with him.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   

So what!

So what a bloviating hypocrite!

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
Does a private citizen have to release his tax information to the public to appease his political enemies?

That is what his enemies think - and he is telling them that he will release his tax returns IF he decides to and when he is ready. That is his right and he is under no obligation to release them to appease whiny enemies who will do nothing but look for anything they can hit him with, putting 2 and 2 together to make 5.

They know what they are doing, he knows what they are doing. We all do, but we have to play this silly little dishonest game with his enemies pretending they have noble motives.

I wonder will any of these people calling for returns actually have the balls to say the only reason they want to see his returns is so they can spin some crap, whether there is something in the returns or not, to hurt his campaign?
edit on 29/7/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

The title of your link; Legal Experts Side With Trump;.
Okay?

His own lawyers have made no public statement. However, it's very easy to go out and get a "so called legal expert" to say anything you pay them to say. So no, still not buying that crap.

Besides:

Nixon released his tax returns under audit. Why can't Trump?

IRS: Trump can release tax returns, regardless of audit

edit on 29-7-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

Well lets play that game then - can you point me to the posts you have made screaming for Clinton to show transparency with the dealings in the Clinton Foundation? Or maybe her Wall Street speeches?

Two examples but you KNOW i can list at least 10 more examples where you and others on this thread have not said a bean about a lack of transparency from Clinton.

This is about trying to force Trump to do something when he has already clearly stated he will do it when HE is ready and when his lawyers advise him it is wise to do so. That seems to upset you liberal folk. Not getting your own way. Trump knows the people who are never going to vote for him are the same ones crying, screaming and whining. I am sure he laughing about the childish nonsense and hypocrisy.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

He is waiting for the Hillary E-mails and what not.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join