It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Friendly Reminder: Donald Trump Still Hasn’t Released His Tax Returns

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Because his lawyers told him not to. That could be it....

For all the previous years in which audits have been completed? Nope. Not buying that crap!

Trump is effectively telling the tax paying middle class that he's taking the 5th, in order to not incriminate himself in tax fraud and expose the fact that he's been lying to the American people.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Jordan River
2nd amendment is more important than some tax return

Not according to the constitution since both gun possession and taxes are spelled out in the constitution.

We pay taxes. This wouldnt change my voting choice anyways

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Does a private citizen have to release his tax information to the public to appease his political enemies?

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Legally he doesn't have to, nor would it change anything imho. Well to my pov anyways

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   

2nd amendment is more important than some tax return

Not according to the constitution since both gun possession and taxes are spelled out in the constitution.

We pay taxes. This wouldnt change my voting choice anyways

Whether it changes your voting choice or not is irrelevant. We should demand the same standards that we demand from other candidates and not let the guy get a pass because he's angry and yells all the time.

Y'all have been holding Obama's feet to the fire over that Birth Certificate for 8 years now. He released it and to many it's still not enough. Yet y'all are just going to accept excuses from the Trumpet when its his turn to put his money where his mouth is.
edit on 29-7-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
Does a private citizen have to release his tax information to the public to appease his political enemies?

There used to be a time in American politics when you respected Presidential precedents. Not because they were required by law, but because they were established by former Presidents as traditional. This is why most Presidents only had two terms and quit up until WWII. They were following precedent established by George Washington. Trump eschewing this and his supporters giving a pass to him for it is the equivalent of spitting in our previous Presidents' faces.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Demand? You DEMAND IT? Oh no, we better get Trump on the line.

He is breaking no laws. He filed his Personal Financial Disclosures as he needs to. Romney released his in September but I see him on the bandwagon to.

How about we talk about issues? I watched the DNC last night and heard nothing but 'a road to better jobs' and to 'reform the criminal justice system'. That was it. The rest was saying what Trump will not do.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Yea # American tradition and precedent right? If it's not required by law, then it isn't necessary. You are so transparent in your hypocrisy...

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   

You mean like that unwritten rule of not endorsing as a sitting POTUS?

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Krazy, What are the returns going to tell us? What are you looking for? Why should they be released? Everyone already knows Trump has money and his business dealings are public record.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

Krazy, What are the returns going to tell us? What are you looking for? Why should they be released? Everyone already knows Trump has money and his business dealings are public record.

Isn't the better question: "Why shouldn't he"?

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   

They should be released in case there is anything shady going on. What's wrong with denying some ignorance in the case of Trump for a change?

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   

That has never been a rule that I've seen followed for as long as I've been alive. In fact, this is the first I've ever heard about it. So even if it was a rule, it was broken LONG before Trump.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   

They will show what a fake and a liar he is!

Trump once revealed his income tax returns. They showed he didn’t pay a cent.

In an interview this week, Trump said that he has paid “substantial” taxes but declined to provide specifics.

The disclosure, in a 1981 report by New Jersey gambling regulators, revealed that the wealthy Manhattan investor had for at least two years in the late 1970s taken advantage of a tax-code provision popular with developers that allowed him to report negative income.

Today, as the presumptive Republican presidential nominee, Trump regularly denounces corporate executives for using loopholes and “false deductions” to “get away with murder” when it comes to avoiding taxes.

“They make a fortune. They pay no tax,” Trump said last year on CBS. “It’s ridiculous, okay?”

Trump’s personal taxes are a mystery. He has refused to release any recent returns, meaning the public cannot see how much money he makes, how much he gives to charity and how aggressively he uses deductions, shelters and other tactics to shrink his tax bill. Trump, who said last week on ABC that his tax rate is “none of your business,” would be the first major-party nominee in 40 years to not release his returns.

Trump’s contradictory approaches have been apparent for years. He criticized 2012 Republican nominee Mitt Romney for delaying the release of his returns. Romney, a former private-equity executive, had come under fire for paying a low tax rate because most of his income came from investments.

“It’s a great thing when you can show that you’ve been successful and that you’ve made a lot of money,” Trump said at the time.

F##king hypocritical liar!

edit on 29-7-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   
dp
edit on 29-7-2016 by blargo because: (no reason given)

link   

That has never been a rule that I've seen followed for as long as I've been alive. In fact, this is the first I've ever heard about it. So even if it was a rule, it was broken LONG before Trump.

Yeah like this? Reagan endorses Bush as Successor
or this? Clinton Endorses Gore
edit on 29-7-2016 by blargo because: added clinten gore

edit on 29-7-2016 by blargo because: spell Reagan correct

link   
a reply to: Annee

No. I have an idea why. I would just like to know what is so important that you and what you would be looking for. Simply saying I want to see them to me is not a reason.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: blargo

Yea I think matafuchs was talking out his ass on that one. I mean, Andrew Jackson endorsed Martin Van Buren all the way back in the 1830's.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Man, I wish the FBI was as bulldog as you three about those emails.

Sorry, I should have said campaigning not endorsed. I'm sorry. Usually it is much later in the cycle if there is any.

In fact...

For more than a century, it was considered bad form for presidents to actively campaign, even in their own elections. Lame duck presidents have been more active on the stump in recent decades, to the degree they are welcome.

Link

Obama is out there when he should be running the country. That is not important than a tax return.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

That's right...when you can't argue anymore, change the subject.....

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join