It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Messy Desk = Busy Desk ..... ? Your Opinion...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I have a co-worker who lets her desk get out of hand, stacks of files, and papers... you go and ask her for something and evertime, it's dig dig, and then... " I'll have to find that and get back to you"...

her motto : "well, a messy desk is a busy desk".

I don't buy it...

I get twice as much accomplished as she does.... some times , 3 x as much. My desk is always neat and orderly.

I have no stacks of papers - they're all filed away.

No stacks of file folders, they're in the file room or in my filing cabinet.

No clutter...

I keep only a note pad, 3 pens, my planner / calandar, cell phone and my current list of accounts out on my desk during the day.

As I finish a task, that requires the handling of paperwork, files etc, I put them away as soon as I'm finished.

Now, does a Messy Desk really mean it's a Busy Desk ?

[edit on 19-1-2005 by elevatedone]

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 10:27 AM
link   
'An organised desk is a productive desk'

Your in the right on this occasion, mess just creates chaos.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone

In my case it does, cuz I sure am busy 'round here.
But I prefer to call it controlled chaos.

O_o
Yes, I can find anything I'm looking for on my desk at a moment's notice.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Everyone is diffrent, everyone learns and works diffrently. Just because you do one way, that doesnt make someone else's way wrong.

To each is thier own.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
Everyone is diffrent, everyone learns and works diffrently. Just because you do one way, that doesnt make someone else's way wrong.

To each is thier own.

I didn't say her way was wrong or that mine was right....

just pointing out the differences...

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
I have a co-worker who lets her desk get out of hand, stacks of files, and papers... you go and ask her for something and evertime, it's dig dig, and then... " I'll have to find that and get back to you"...

her motto : "well, a messy desk is a busy desk".

I don't buy it...

I get twice as much accomplished as she does.... some times , 3 x as much. My desk is always neat and orderly.

I have no stacks of papers - they're all filed away.

No stacks of file folders, they're in the file room or in my filing cabinet.

No clutter...

I keep only a note pad, 3 pens, my planner / calandar, cell phone and my current list of accounts out on my desk during the day.

As I finish a task, that requires the handling of paperwork, files etc, I put them away as soon as I'm finished.

You can say she is wrong with out saing the words.

This whole post has it all in it. In the very first line you say" have a co-worker who lets her desk get out of hand". Out of hand is saing it with out saing it.

Then you say "I don't buy it..." "I get twice as much accomplished as she does.... some times , 3 x as much. My desk is always neat and orderly." This is comparing your way and her way, saing yours is right because you get more done.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 12:32 PM
link   
that's right out of hand... according to what the boss and company guidlines say...

we're supposed to keep a clutter free, neat and organized desk, as we have lots of international visitors come through.....

Odd

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   
my desk is nightmarish... there are things in its deeper strata that are too horrible to be percieved by mortal senses.

i should clean it out one of these days.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 02:22 PM
link   
my desk is messy, simply because im so busy working, i dont have time to clean it!

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I have one of the most organized desks in my department. The problem is that people assume that I have done all my work and give me more. Which is true as I do everything fairly quickly. Sometimes I have to make a mess out of the stuff I already have done just so I look like I'm working diligently on something.

E_T

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Banshee
In my case it does, cuz I sure am busy 'round here.
But I prefer to call it controlled chaos.
Yes, I can find anything I'm looking for on my desk at a moment's notice.
No, it isn't chaos... it's time based archiving!

Things used previously are on top and those which you use rarely (/used long time ago) are under other things.

And if you try to "clean" that it's quaranteed that you don't find anything after that... without doing full inventory and placing them to their familiar places.

And after all we are living in universe with increasing entropy, if you organize/place to order certain amount of things it creates bigger amount of disorder elsewhere. (because there isn't such thing as something working at 100% efficiency)

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 05:56 PM
link   
What's a desk?

OR

A clean desk is a sign of a sick mind

AND

The smaller the briefcase, the bigger the honcho

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Home Office Desk = a mess

Office Desk = Showcase

This is what's more important: Check if the shoes are shined & the belt is positioned properly.

top topics

join