It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Proof' - Iran and Syria Support Terrorists

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I will not debate the link of Iraq and Syria, but I still have to be skeptical on Iraq and Iran.

They were enemies.

Yes, they were enemies, but you and I know what brings enemies together. A common threat. In late May of 1990 Tehran had a major conference of Islamist leaders who met with Ayatollah Ale Khamenei (supreme religious leader of Iran). Mainly those present were members of HizbAllah and other Palestinian commanders. Iraq sent an ambassador to this meeting which was the starting point with negotiations with Iran.

Iran said that they did not wish to become directly involved, but agreed to give Iraq access to their terrorist network and its information. As a result of these negotiations, Iran ordered its army to limit activities near Iraq and Kuwait so Iraq could use more of its forces in the Kuwait invasion. As a return gesture, Iraq gave full control of the 722 square mile Shatt al-Arab territory to Iran, basically forfeiting all gains made in the Iraq-Iran war.

I'd say that this back and forth pandering and back rubbing amounts to nothing less than cooperation between Iran and Iraq in the face of their common enemy. The Great Satan. The United States.

Source:
Bodansky, Yossef. The High Cost of Peace. New York: Prima, 2002

By the way I highly reccommend this book for anyone who is interested in knowing all the behind the scene accounts of what happend in Iraq. Bodansky was the director of the Congressional Task Force on Terrorism

[edit on 19-1-2005 by dbates]

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 06:24 PM
link   
So Iran & Syria potentially supplied weapons and money to Iraq in a time of need. WHO CARES? Iraq has no ties to "terrorism" in the first place! If you see that article as proof of terrorism in Syria and Iran, then you are truley blinded. I'm very sorry. Besides, if we attacked every country that supported our enemies we would be invading just about every nation in the middle east and eurasia.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates

Yes, they were enemies, but you and I know what brings enemies together. A common threat. In late May of 1990 Tehran had a major conference of Islamist leaders who met with Ayatollah Ale Khamenei (supreme religious leader of Iran). Mainly those present were members of HizbAllah and other Palestinian commanders.

Well is still no enough evidence and as you point out also on the quote,we will have to bring the Pakistani involvement also of supporting terrorist, actually if we are going to point any fingers then the entire middle east is harboring them including our elusive Arabia.

They way I see it is who will US rather target next, Syria and Iran or Pakistan and Saudi Arabia.

See that is how I see it is not who is helping who but who is the one that US wants to chose now.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Bingo... it is exactly what i was thinking....
we will see more "evidence" emerging as time goes by ... and the obvious next target will reveal themselves by the attention that is thrown that way...

who has money on iran...
$10 on iran...
who wants syria?

what are the odds... someone call my bookie

IMO that it is useless to suppose, because America can't do much about it anyway... the world has laughed us out of the arena, and our friends are all putting up the NOT welcome sign...

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 11:52 PM
link   
OK, YES Iraq and Iran were enemies, but Iraq doesnt have Saddam anymore and Iran wants the mountain region cause on the Iraq side there is much to gain economically there for Iran. Also wants the souther region as well, has a port. Figure if you can support the radicals, insurgents to overthrow MNF and the Iraqi govt before it gets hold, you have a chance to gain land, land wanted, not just economically, but historically as well.

Yes Iran is indeed tied to the insurgency there, not to the interim govt, although they are trying to infiltrate, blackmail, insert spies, do covert ops, to eventually overthrow the govt and its supporters by all means necessary. Why not try to hit Iraq when its down right now before it become a nation/state again? But not do it where it cause a war and nations divide.

As far as WMD, its almost guaranteed that Syria has it buried in their lands somewhere. Saddam knew to get it out of the country after the last UN inspectors showed up, cause that would be the prime principle of going to war with Iraq, dont find it, gives a black eye. Iraq did have WMD, they just moved it and of course Syria is going to denounce it. It will come out sometime in the future in one or 2 ways, Syria shows a sudden supply of weapons or US or the Atomic Commission or UN gets inside and finds a unreported surplus OR Option 2 is the stuff begins to degrade and medical epidemics start to show in the region showing symptoms as a result of WMD ingredients. Time will tell. Syria is just being very smart and not touching what they have hidden, cause they are under a microscope of the world right now.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join