It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever Notice No One Replies to the Reasonable Posts?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
Ever notice no one replies to the reasonable posts?

If you post a totally ridiculous point, or spout the normal partisan talking points. You will have countless responses. But if you give a reasonable logical response or possible fix for an issue, you will get crickets.

Just a weird observation.

I feel ya. I could go dig up many SOLUTIONS Threads on every issue I ever much dug into, all crickets threads. The same effect for a decade I've noted here (and elsewhere). Issues include plenty of political angles/issues, saving the dead 9/11 Truth Movement (both before and after, the environment (BP Oil Spill and more), saving the nation, and lately I've got some real juicy solutions threads that would solve the biggest remaining problem set for these poor SJW's, the BLM in particular (and they hardly touched em!).

Check out this one where I actually did a study on this effect here in ATS on that molten HOT BP oil crisis issue where everyday the doomongers were flagging up the threads basically making it the ONLY news for something like 6 months.

Dear Oil SCREAMongers: REALITY CHECK!
HYPOCRISY: In the Fragile Earth forum (alone) I just counted 375 threads about the Gulf Gusher. Only a tiny handful are about solutions, while the vast majority are guilt and fear mongering scream fests. ...

*Only 16 threads were one-shot ideas about ways to handle problems related to the Gusher: ...
*Only five were about ways of boycotting or harming BP to teach them a lesson. One of which is my thread: ...
*Only THREE threads in some way asked for solutions, the biggest rally cry thread being started by myself: ...
*Only TWO threads rallied for people to actually hands on help in some way: ...
*Only ONE thread acknowledged the various forms of oil products we ALL use, and tried to rally for actual conservation of oil related products (other than just GAS): ...
*Furthermore, I didn't notice a single thread title that mentioned the 11 platform workers who died in the initial accident.

Reasonable reply/post; moreover, your illustration of a "possible fix" (solution) in relation to the BP Oil gusher is a spot-on example of how topics are far less likely to be replied to, when an attempt at encouraging problem fixing/solution uncovering is the aim of an OP or reasonable post.

Glad to see your activity on ATS has ramped up of late - I can vouch for your attempts at dishing out reason and logic and not knee-jerk responses

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

That is why I start silly threads. I like your thread.

Well its silly of you to like a logical thread - you don't even belong in this thread - if you are silly what are you doing liking anything?

That's my bit of confirmation bias of the OP

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Personally i think many only respond to the people they consider favorites or in other words popular, maybe they don't even read anyone else's posts.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Ever notice no one replies to the reasonable posts?

If you post a totally ridiculous point, or spout the normal partisan talking points. You will have countless responses. But if you give a reasonable logical response or possible fix for an issue, you will get crickets.

Just a weird observation.

Perhaps it's because some are always looking for an argument as a way to vent, or deflect, their deeper frustrations beyond the topic at hand, to which social media forums seem to be the go to place to do so. Therefore, if that is the case, one cannot argue against a reasonable post despite the fact few people often still attempt to do so.

Maybe the reason is due to some people being conditioned towards feeling comfortable only when they are uncomfortable. They unconsciously seek drama in all avenues of life beyond social media.

Nobody here is a policy maker that I am aware of. *Most* do not invest their personal time, energy and freedom towards many of the social issues that present themselves and discussed here and on other social media sites. The reason most are here is because they seek entertainment for the mind. It could be out of boredom, looking for time to kill, or a varied set of reasons.

Again, reasonable post do not allow for some people to become entertained...

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   
At first I wasn't going to reply to this because it was so reasonable. Then for some odd reason I decided to. I must be slipping.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Maybe that is why there is a Threadkillers Anonymous thread? You respond to a thread with a decent reply and nobody cares anymore leaving you the thread killer! I have several under my belt and have yet to join--real change comes from within! And just the thought of going through yet another 12-step program is just... exhausting!

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 12:23 AM
link   
OP.

I experience it enough every day here on ATS.

Sometimes it makes you wonder why even bother taking the time to even post anymore. Seems like talking to a wall.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

An impenetrable wall, at that. I share your lament.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

If someone sounds reasonable it is against the T&C to just post something saying you agree. If I agree with a poster I often just flag and/or star and move on.

LAWL. Shiz. I definitely feel like I've broken that rule.

But I also try to thank the poster, too. I suppose I could egg it on with a question or add some small input, but I think it's important to encourage people and give positive reinforcement just as much as I think it's important to ask questions and doubt and be the skeptic. And I star as well, but sometimes I feel like it's not enough to star someone who's been almost utterly ignored. I always opt to respond as well as star, whenever I'm really compelled to like if it's more serious.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

If someone sounds reasonable it is against the T&C to just post something saying you agree. If I agree with a poster I often just flag and/or star and move on.

Really that seems ridiculous....

And rarely enforced from what I've seen.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Your always so positive and I thank you.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: BeefNoMeat

Right on brother!

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: geezlouise

You r so funny! The reason for posting is like BASS said... talking to walls. But every now and then the walls talk back! And you need to talk to somebody... so thanks internet!

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

In ats's defense though half of my posts only make sense to like 3 members here. Everyone else is like what the hell is bass even talking about. So i cant blame them for blowing off my posts or thinking im a weirdo.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   

I get your posts. Your brain is on a high level. So it TEOT's! Your just very In tune!
edit on 7 31 2016 by Quantum12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   

I like TEO. Him and yuppa always get my obscure lyric references. Teo has good musical sensibilities.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   

The three of you are very smart!

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   

I think all three of us are lucky to call you a friend.

Btw its very refreshing to see your posts and personality. Ats could use more members like you. For a long time ive been stuck in the aviation forum and very unpopular there to boot. I feel like im a better fit with you guys. Plus im sure the aviation forum will be only too happy to trade me off.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   

I see you as a person of love and kindness. Your brain is above mine! Your very smart and witty. One good person your are!

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Awww. Quantum make bass feel good. Bass like.

So how was the beach? Im envious i have to ride the 1 line down santa monica to get there.

Ps funny about the hollywood hills party. I was at one last night. Buddy just bought a two story house 2 blocks north of hollywood and cahuenga. We were celebrating. Well be throwing more parties there. Im inviting you to the next one.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join