It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9 opening lines as smooth as jazz

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Does the phrase "smooth operator" conjure images of sleazy guys in bad suits? Are you afraid of appearing over-eager or even desperate if you approach a man?

Get real.

If you think opening lines are only for the boys, think again. A skillful come-on from a woman is a very welcome advance. Guys agree: If the move is tactful and genuine, you won't come off as loose or frantic — or a stalker.

Here, then, are nine lines you might deploy next time you spy a guy you'd like to meet:

9. Results. Sometimes you have to skip the formalities.

"I was sitting in a club the other night, wracking my brain for something pithy to say to a nice looking man down the bar," says Mandy, 33. "I came up empty. I moved to the stool next to him and told him just that. At the end of the night, he asked for my number, and we've been on two dates. I guess the direct approach works."

see more here :

msn.match.com... 242&TrackingID=516311&BannerID=544658>1=5948

I never believe in these types of things... I always just try to be myself and make her smile... so far it's worked...

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Uhmm....girls only have to say one word..."Yes"

We guys have to be creative, hehe....

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 09:24 PM
link   
uh yeah, that's sexist.
Personally I love being the dominant one, and making the first move, or giving the first kiss. And correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you guys think that's the sexiest thing in the world?

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I have received a few marriage proposals from women who make such moves, but responded in the affirmative to only two.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 02:20 PM
link   

And correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you guys think that's the sexiest thing in the world?

Yep...

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lenina
uh yeah, that's sexist.
Personally I love being the dominant one, and making the first move, or giving the first kiss. And correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you guys think that's the sexiest thing in the world?

well it certianly is an intrusion if u are the dominant one in to many things (u females) especially if the male was raised up beilieving hes supposed to be the one in charge (as I was) but u are right, if u take control and are dominant when it come to romance, nothing sexier than, that is a totall turn on there!
take the initiative anytime when it comes to anything sexual

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I dont understand what is the deal with the thinkng pattern of so many men.

They are under some kind of illusion that they are the "hunter gatherers"

It never seems to occur to them that women are quite capable of "hunting and gathering" especially with men as the prey. Not all hunting is active..in nature to be effective. Get a clue...guys.

I just know so many men with this flaw in their thinking...they really need to pull thier heads out and take a breath of fresh air..and try again.

Orangetom

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 08:00 AM
link   
"Wanna root?"

"Don't you know it!"

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 09:00 PM
link   
and if a woman wants to bed a man, the direct approach is grand.

But if you want a relationship, it has to be his idea, or he will get bored with you.

Guys are pigheaded enought that if it was your idea, a part of them will always think they were trapped into something, and maybe they could have done better. I think a lot of men, young or old, need to feel like THEY got by with something when they landed you.

Otherwise, it implies to their subconscious that you must not be that much of a prize.

Yes it sux. But I am trying to report on what it is, not whether it is right.

Just an opinion, and no generalization fits all the examples. But as an old married man, it fits what I see of others' relationships.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 08:08 PM
link   
You have some good points there..

However..I have often wondered ..in or out of marriage. I've wondered how many women are very good at getting a man to think something is his idea.?? And they sit back quietly in satisfaction ..knowing the truth!!

Thanks ,
Orangetom

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Frau Dr. could tell you ALL ABOUT it; how she planned to "bump into" me, and involved herself in making friends with a couple of people I would end up working with in grad school.

It definitely drove me nuts that she was "always busy," and had every weekend tied up with a social event.

Man, I remember cruising by her apartment, trying to figure out what her schedule was, to I could "bump into" her.

Lol.

Eventually, her supervising prof told her to get some info for her research. And it just so happened that her prof recommended me as one of the information resources.

I still remember the feeling when I opened the door, and it was her, standing there with a stack of books in her hands.

She was glowing like one of those statues of the Virgin of Guadalupe.

She asked me which of those books and periodicals would be most useful.

I asked her if she wanted to go and get a cheeseburger. And my fate was forever altered.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 03:15 PM
link   
if women are more domient in the pub or anywere but the bedroom it can almost be intimidating but in the bed room a girl that takes charge.. now theirs a turn on especially if she is dressed well in nothing

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Now thats a funny and intresting story about Dr Frau. Yup..sure is..thanks for sharing that .

Orangetom

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 02:02 AM
link   

uh yeah, that's sexist.

Yes.

Yes Yes Yes.

Women, take note: Agressiveness and assertiveness are in season now. Happy hunting.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 12:16 PM
link   
This thread is just in time for mating season....

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   
F Jazz, go with the heavy death metal rocker approach.

"Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?"

Or my fav, sit in a bar and read. Women are curious, and they will flock to you like flies to garbage, republicans to oil fields in the ME, so forth.

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 11:19 PM
link   

uh yeah, that's sexist.

It depends....lol

This thread is just in time for mating season....

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
nice isis.
Sometimes a girl can be TOO intimidating though.....and then we might just get scared......well i prolly would....lol
It's a turn on when a girl/lady (w/e...) isn't shy about her sexuality, yeah.....WOW....that can be hot.

anyways.....

top topics

join