It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect--this is not funny anymore, (personal experience)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 12:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
a reply to: charlyv

Yeah. Sorry, that's too much hahah. But I appreciate you offering a very unique angle to this.

The black bag was blank. The white bag has several rows of red lettering saying THANK YOU and 'please recycle'

Well, you have to make every effort before you can invoke spooky. It's spooky.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 01:08 AM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

What gets me the most--

This is something I was thinking about before it even happened. It's not something I can blame on faulty memory or because I wasn't paying attention. This wasn't a fleeting thought. This was something I was consciously thinking about before I even stepped into the store.

"If black bags, next time I can just walk."

Again I have very strong images of the black bag as well. Seeing it on the counter while pulling out my card. And I also carry my keys in the same hand as the loops on the bag, forcing me to swap keys to my left hand, (keys get tangled in the loops and so-forth.) So there is another instance where I distinctly remember looking down and seeing for sure what color the bag was.

And when I opened the truck, I was instantly in 'WTF???' mode.

This is not some random element I can just dismiss easily. This was my active thought process thrown into chaos.

edit on 27-7-2016 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 01:16 AM
link   
You bought beer. It was double bagged. The outside bag that fell off was the last black bag they had.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: RedDragon

I thought so too. That's why I went back down to my truck to look for the black bag. No dice.

I'll even look again in the morning. I'm willing to say I am wrong, and made a mistake. I've done so before on ATS. I would need to find that black bag though.

edit on 27-7-2016 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Before you know it, it will be neoplatonian ice cream.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mr Headshot
I actually have a somewhat similar story.

Two friends of mine and I made a late night subway run several years back. We all got footling subs, but they were all different. The SANDWICH ARTIST out mine in its own bag, and handed it to me prior to finishing either of my friends sandwiches. He then put those sandwiches in a bag together.

So, my sandwich by itself and my two friends together.

The bag literally never left my hand except for a few seconds when I paid, but their sandwiches were still being made.

When we got home, I pulled my sandwich out of the bag, except it wasn't what I had ordered. It was what one of my friends had ordered. Mine was in the bag with the other sandwich.

EXPLAIN THAT

I share a similar story. One time I went to Subway and ordered a tuna with tomato and onion. I saw the guy put in the bag. I got home and it was a terriyaki chicken with lettuce and pickles. One of life's unexplained mysteries. So somewhere in an alternate universe there was a bizzaro me enjoying a tuna with tomato and onion.
edit on 7jY by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Have you ever lived in Utah? I'm guessing no.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   

a reply to: intrptr

I keep going back to your post.

Amazing still even if my mind tricked me into seeing the black version.

"Your eyes can deceive you, don't trust them."--Obi Wan Kenobi.

Thats different. Thats 'seeing' without using your eyes. Trust your instincts, is how he put it in the movie, that misses the mark too.

Okay look. My only other possibility... Certain colors will appear different under different lighting. Was it dark or twilight out? Was there Sodium vapor streetlights outside when you put the bag in the truck? Incandescent and fluorescent lighting can change the apparent color of objects.

Try it. take the bag back to the store at the same time when you bought the beers. Park in the same place carry it in the store and put it in the truck, take pics wth your cell phone and show us what you discover.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

This is a weird place, and I am essentially an outsider. If I want to be discreet, that's my 'free' choice.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   
And so it begins...

The boundaries of reality are starting to crumble.. The end game is fast approaching. The etheric storm will bring in the end times. The long awaited apocalypse; the lifting of the veil and the revelation of truth.

It has begun, the time is pregnant.. This evil generation will be cast out into the wilderness.

Only an evil generation seeketh a sign, and only an evil generation does not pay heed to the signs that are all around us. The Queen of the South will rise up at the judgement with this generation and condemn it. For it is an evil generation and it is an evil time..

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

Wait. Only evil seeks a sign, but doesn't notice the signs all around?

So if I am not seeking signs, but notice them, I'm cool?

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   

a reply to: RedDragon

I thought so too. That's why I went back down to my truck to look for the black bag. No dice.

I'll even look again in the morning. I'm willing to say I am wrong, and made a mistake. I've done so before on ATS. I would need to find that black bag though.

It's an odd tale to be sure and while I initially agree with Saturn Fx's assessment of your experience, I also know that you are just as sharp a fellow as he is, and it's understandable to think that you would know exactly what bag your purchases went in when when you were standing there watching them being bagged, not to mention noting the convenience of the color in association with the local humanoid pests. Personally I would have gone straight back to the store and just asked a couple of questions, i'm sure it's not the strangest thing they've encountered.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

In the days of Jesus people wanted signs or for him to perform miracles.. These days there are signs, but the evil generation does not pay them any heed. It's ironic.

In the days of Solomon Queen Sheba travelled over a thousand miles to hear the wisdom of Solomon, but when a greater than Solomon was there in the person of Jesus people did not listen and paid him no heed.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Now I'll tell you ten hundred stories everyone has about where they left their keys and wallet.

Ten Hundred , another way to say a thousand
using one more letter......

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThoughtIsMadness

originally posted by: intrptr

Now I'll tell you ten hundred stories everyone has about where they left their keys and wallet.

Ten Hundred , another way to say a thousand
using one more letter......

Or a gazillion, a buck two fitty, and bunches, gobs, loads, tons...

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 03:56 AM
link   
A little bit tongue in cheek there earlier.. And so it begins.. I had to say it, in three different variations.

But either way I digress.

Those bags.. As a non American I never understood having a bag for alcohol. I mean everyone that sees someone drinking out of a bag knows the person is drinking alcohol. Kind of defeats the purpose of the whole idea.. What's the deal with this? It's irrational. Besides, are people really so puritanical they'll get offended by someone drinking alcohol? Are people so prudish they can't even handle seeing it? It's pretty ridiculous to be honest.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

It's not really that bad. I am in NY, so I don't know if it's NY law or federal, but we are required to put it in a bag if it's under a 12 pack. So six packs and singles we are required. One cashier wouldn't let me put it in my purse because she was afraid she'd be in trouble not giving the bag. I don't get it either.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Alright, since you were hoping for black bags, is it possible you didn't actually see one, and were mistaken? Yeah, seems unlikely, I know, and not saying that's the case, just asking.

Maybe go back and see if they have black bags now?

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK
I'm a ramp agent at an airport.

we just had a blue and white cooler disappear on us.

We have been getting mandela-ed all over the place. We like to joke and blame everything on the mandela effect but in all seriousness, we do believe.

I'm not kidding either.

Weird stuff has been going on, besides all the regular changes.

Our theory is two or more universes, or realities or dimensions are bumping into each other and the border in between them is weakening in spots. Allowing realities to merge and sometimes leak into one another.

Whatever this is I think it is an ongoing progressive event. The separation between universes is becoming less and less.

If this is true, as more and more changes occur, it will become undeniable something phenomenal is taking place.

Alright, you officially gave me the creeps with this one!!! AAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! So not good!!

How many such oddities before people realize it is real, and not just faulty memory, I wonder?

I have one, shared elsewhere, but will again. After The Lost World hit theaters, we all went to see it, and I was stunned, and more than a little annoyed to see a scene from a book by a different author in the movie. the scene is the one with the boy and the aquarium, and the dog in the backyard. I KNEW that scene, as it was in a novel I owned, called Carnosaur. When we got home, I went and got the book, showed the hubby and kids, and we all discussed it. They all saw the chapter in the book with that scene, and read it.

Fast forward, and the book was missing when I wanted to re-read it. Frustrating, but I located another copy - same edition, same cover - in a local used book store. Expect, in this copy, that scene is missing. Poof. Gone. I talked about it, at the time, online, too, and can't locate any of those comments, either.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 11:30 PM
link   
This probably happened 6-8 months ago. I was reading about the Mandela Effect somewhere( could have been here). Anyway, I read a post about Eli Whitney being black. Well, I have always thought that Whitney was a white guy, so immediately went to Google and searched his name. Imagine my surprise when it showed a pic of Whitney and he was a black man. Ok, I told myself, ya learn something new every day. Some time later, I was again reading a thread about the ME when I came across a post that said that Whitney was a white guy. Again, went to Google, searched and what comes up? A pic of Whitney and he's a white guy! Now, I know I'm not nuts and this isn't about not remembering something from a long time ago. I know what I saw and read and I can't think up a single reason for what happened.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join