It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abort or NOT?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

If it was god's will to create then shouldn't it be that god's will to decide the fate? For those that believe in god, is it not supposed to be left in god's hands? Regardless of the circumstances, if the child is supposed to be, shouldn't it be left to fate? If the mother dies at childbirth or the child has defects, who is to say that is not the plan?

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ksiezyc
a reply to: forthelove
In cases of rape, incest or danger to the mother the mother should have a choice. All other cases, no.

That's dangerous, though. That's creating a situation that encourages crazy women to falsely accuse men of rape. Also lots of rapesgo unreported because of how victims are treated, they usually feel like they're victimized all over again. And who wants to even report incest in the best circumstances?

It's much better to keep abortion fully legal but provide as much support as possible to single mothers so they can feel like keeping the baby is possible. People who are pro choice don't actually want more abortions, they want more support for moms and more access to birth control and better sex education. What's wrong with that?

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I knew a girl who went 5 months without realizing she was pregnant, until she had some kind of toxic shock incident and her doctor told her, I found that hard to believe and more a case of denial, but hey she swore by it.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

There are such things as misdiagnoses and cases where seemingly impossible odds were overcome to conceive and bring a baby to term, everyone has some idea of what a perfect pregnancy is supposed to be. Nature should be left to take it's course and what is is.

If a woman is raped she should have the right to decide, but it was still god's plan that she got pregnant, right? This is why I have a problem with religion to begin with. Morality is what comes into play and I do not think it should have anything to do with religion or medical issues, there is a fetus, does it become a human at some point and abortion becomes murder? When is that point? Who makes that choice? A judge? A preacher?

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: anotheramethyst

Not necessarily, though I see your point. I will never support fully legal abortion(in all circumstances).

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 04:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArnoldNonymous
In my opinion, there are 3 reasons for aborting a pregnancy:

1) Legitimate risk to the mother's health
2) Legitimate possibility of severe handicap to infant
3) The mother is a victim of rape

Each of these should be handled on a case-by-case basis as it is a very serious and sensitive situation for both mother and father of the child.

Well it appears she has hit the jackpot ....

She has all three reasons going for her

But not in Mumbai ......

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: forthelove

If a woman is raped she should have the right to decide, but it was still god's plan that she got pregnant, right? This is why I have a problem with religion to begin with. Morality is what comes into play and I do not think it should have anything to do with religion or medical issues, there is a fetus, does it become a human at some point and abortion becomes murder? When is that point? Who makes that choice? A judge? A preacher?

And this is why I have a problem with the argument you make. You are basing this solely on religious/moral grounds. I am going to make this argument with religion out of the picture, and if you look at my other posts in this thread, you'll see I've not brought God into it at all.

Babies born as early as 21 weeks have a chance of surviving outside the mother now. This is fact. And the link is a 2008 article, so that was back then. Cases like these are why abortion cut-offs are often set as it is self-evident to people that there is or can be no real difference between the child who owns the tiny feet in the picture in that article and the same kid still inside his or her mother. One is outside and considered human by everyone, including you most likely and be protected from being murdered, and the other isn't, so his mother could walk into any clinic and order his summary termination for any reason.

To me and a lot of folks, that's a logical inconsistency. If the one is clearly a human child, then so must the other be no matter where in space-time he or she happens to currently exist.

And that is the problem for a lot of people. There is clearly a human being in there. At what point does that happen? Some of us would prefer to err on the side of caution because the alternative is unthinkable.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join