It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can your own soul cause you to go up in smoke?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: AmericanRealist
It could explain spontaneous combustion, but that phenomenon is rarely documented anymore. Maybe we have all become without souls?
Maybe souls are being harvested. Any type of energy can be extracted. Just 1 possibility for those looking from that angle. Also, spontaneous combustion is probably not the proper term. Most things are not as simple as they seem on the surface.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Illumimasontruth

True, spontaneous would describe something random and not necessarily planned or thought out. If these incidents are the result of a tool or weapon, then that would allude to per-meditation and not be very spontaneous at all. I am wondering how long it would take for the same effect to happen with a plasma arc welder?? But that stuff takes time to setup and is not usually quiet either, so someone would have to have been caught in the process.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: AmericanRealist
a reply to: Illumimasontruth

True, spontaneous would describe something random and not necessarily planned or thought out. If these incidents are the result of a tool or weapon, then that would allude to per-meditation and not be very spontaneous at all. I am wondering how long it would take for the same effect to happen with a plasma arc welder?? But that stuff takes time to setup and is not usually quiet either, so someone would have to have been caught in the process.

Regarding the weapon theory, a laser would probably leave a lot of evidence..

Hmm, the temperature of a plasma arc welder is 5,000 C (according to Google). In order for someone to burn to ash within 5 minutes, the temperatures required would be much hotter if we assume:

2 hours to burn a body to ash at 1,000 C (a crematorium - this is a fact)
1 hour estimate to burn a body to ash at 2,000 C
30 minutes - 4,000 C
15 minutes - 8,000 C
7 minutes - 16,000 C and so on. Not sure if I got that right or if there's another way to calculate the exact heat required to burn something in an x amount of time. But it seems a lot hotter than the hottest flame/blowtorch temperature. It's also rather unusual how, if such high temperatures are required, why this heat didn't radiate very well.

There also seems to be cases of people surviving spontaneous combustion with the most recent report being Frank Baker who also had a witness there with him. None of them were smoking and it came without warning. Interestingly, he felt no pain, which seems to be a common pattern with SHC victims.

The victims usually seem lonely though this could be irrelevant.
In one very interesting case, that of a firefighter named George Mott, the day before he combusted he was reported watching the Twilight Zone, saying ''I wish weird stuff like that would happen to me.'' The next day, he died of SC and was found in the same pattern as other SC victims like Helen Conway. He did not smoke either.

edit on 27-7-2016 by 1MisterLeonard1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-7-2016 by 1MisterLeonard1 because: add

edit on 27-7-2016 by 1MisterLeonard1 because: adding

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I think what OP is talking about is Spontaneous Human Combustion. No one knows what causes it. My Uncle was a State Tropper from NY State and encountered a few SHC cases.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Stevemagegod

we would like to know more about your Uncle's experiences, if you are willing to share them. Could you elaborate if he ever gave you details?? This phenomenon really should be more studied by our government as well.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   
While we don't 100% know what causes it, we can rule out that it's a biological or chemical possibility. No chemical fire can burn a body that is some 60~% water in as little as a few minutes. Biologically, metabolism ceases at just 45~ degrees C so by rule of elimination something else must be going on and whatever it must be, it is internal (or seems that way) and what causes this massive release of internal energy, animals don't have it.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: 1MisterLeonard1

No, souls can't turn one hair white or black.

However lots of souls thinking up weapons that incinerate others all the time.

What is this, distraction from the real wickedness?

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

No, souls can't turn one hair white or black.

However lots of souls thinking up weapons that incinerate others all the time.

What is this, distraction from the real wickedness?

This doctor apparently weighed several hundred patients on a bed that doubled as a scale. The second they died they lost an average weight of 21 grams... now I am wondering if the soul has mass could it turn some of that mass into pure energy, and potential mechanisms.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Heres a tldr if you have the time. There weren't as many cases as claimed or accurate results from the few that were undertaken.

Snopes

I do believe in a soul, its energy. Energy like light, lightning, magnetic fields, tv signals, it can't be weighed.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Heres a tldr if you have the time. There weren't as many cases as claimed or accurate results from the few that were undertaken.

Snopes

I do believe in a soul, its energy. Energy like light, lightning, magnetic fields, tv signals, it can't be weighed.

Thanks for the link. Though I am still wondering how it is possible the soul could lead to SHC. I don't think it's a coincidence that humans are the only animals suggested of having a soul and also the only animal known to experience SC. Biological and chemical causes for SC have been refuted. There's also now scientific evidence suggesting the soul exists.
edit on 29-7-2016 by 1MisterLeonard1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-7-2016 by 1MisterLeonard1 because: add

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

I saw something that said many of the cases were people who had been sat down and smokers and they may have died naturally while smoking and the clothes caught fired but the persons fat made the body act like a candle and all thats left is the feet.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom

I saw something that said many of the cases were people who had been sat down and smokers and they may have died naturally while smoking and the clothes caught fired but the persons fat made the body act like a candle and all thats left is the feet.

While I agree that the wick effect/cigarette explanation explains some cases, it doesn't explain the cases where the victim was a non smoker, and had been reduced to ash (including the bone) in just 5 or 10 minutes (with them last being seen alive).

Wick effect is a slow burn and takes around 5-7 hours to burn a body to ashes.
edit on 29-7-2016 by 1MisterLeonard1 because: details

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom

While I agree that the wick effect/cigarette explanation explains some cases, it doesn't explain the cases where the victim was a non smoker, and had been reduced to ash (including the bone) in just 5 or 10 minutes (with them last being seen alive).

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Snopes

Thanks for the link. Though I am still wondering how it is possible the soul could lead to SHC.

It doesn't, SHC is different. The bodies comprised mostly of fatty tissue. It will burn low intensity and consume itself from the rendered fat. It takes a long time and is a small flame. Like a candle burns, the wick draws molten wax up to the flame, and consumes the candle slowly until its gone.

I don't think it's a coincidence that humans are the only animals suggested of having a soul and also the only animal known to experience SC.

I've seen spirits, including animals. Subjective sure, animals can burn just like humans.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Snopes

Thanks for the link. Though I am still wondering how it is possible the soul could lead to SHC.

It doesn't, SHC is different. The bodies comprised mostly of fatty tissue. It will burn low intensity and consume itself from the rendered fat. It takes a long time and is a small flame. Like a candle burns, the wick draws molten wax up to the flame, and consumes the candle slowly until its gone.

I don't think it's a coincidence that humans are the only animals suggested of having a soul and also the only animal known to experience SC.

I've seen spirits, including animals. Subjective sure, animals can burn just like humans.

As aforementioned, the issue with the wick theory is that it can't explain the more unusual cases such as where people have been seen 10 minutes ago, alive, and when the person came back they were just a smoking pile of ashes. The wick effect is a slow burn that takes many hours to completely destroy a body, so whatever burned up those bodies in mere minutes, was not the wick effect.

edit:

Here's some cases where people have burned to ash in less than 5 minutes -

Yung-sin Kim
And George Turner
www.newspapers.com...

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Snopes

Weighed? Hell no, no weigh. Measured? Absolutely.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   

The wick effect is a slow burn that takes many hours to completely destroy a body, so whatever burned up those bodies in mere minutes, was not the wick effect.

10 minutes is BS. Even in a gas fired crematoria it takes about an hour.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Illumimasontruth

Snopes

Weighed? Hell no, no weigh. Measured? Absolutely.

Whats your yardstick?

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   

The wick effect is a slow burn that takes many hours to completely destroy a body, so whatever burned up those bodies in mere minutes, was not the wick effect.

10 minutes is BS. Even in a gas fired crematoria it takes about an hour.

You're referring to a chemical means of destroying a body.
In order for a body to be reduced to ash in just 10 minutes, the temperature would have to be over 10,000 degrees C. We can rule out that the source of heat was chemical or biological.

Take note of screenshot I took of the firefighter's comment - he said himself that in order for a body to burn in just 4 minutes, over 5 million BTU per minute would have to be expended. Whatever burned these people, it was not chemical or biological.

edit on 29-7-2016 by 1MisterLeonard1 because: added screenshot

(Could not be replicated using non-nuclear means? Is the soul capable of becoming a miniature nuclear bomb?)

Since nothing else gets burned I wonder if the energy being released by it is similar to microwaves. Would this fit with the studies suggesting the soul is quantum energy in nature?

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   

In order for a body to be reduced to ash in just 10 minutes, the temperature would have to be over 10,000 degrees C.

10,000 degrees? Yet nothing nearby burns. At 10,00 degrees (the surface of the sun), radiant heat would catch fire to any combustibles in the room.

But go ahead explain how that kind of heat doesn't radiate.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join