It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Threatened to the Core - White Christians All in On Trump

page: 21
<< 18  19  20   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Christianity is so strange! Some Christians I would trust implicitly and others that lean more to the Zealotry side of the spectrum remind me of mean drunks; No honor and as far from being spiritual as you can get. They even seem to define themselves by what they HATE but still claim to love the Prince of Peace.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

right? :/

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: xstealth

Christians are the only ones who keep saying liberals "hate" them and "love" muslims. You sound like a poorly supervised, bigoted nine-year-old. How does a 9-year-old turn into a bigot? Parents teach it to them.

Liberals want everyone to get along, everyone to get educated, be housed and fed, and be free to marry whom they "love" without being treated like dirt. Is it really that hard to understand?

So I'm a bigot? I don't think you understand. I lived in a Muslim country, I had to hide my religion. I know extensively about the Muslim culture.

What do you know? Obama tells you they are the religion of peace?

The first clue is whenever there is a terrorist attack you can not read any social media without the left blaming it on possible right wing Christians, then when it is a Muslim they defend the religion saying that Christians are worse!!

There is NO reason for Liberals to be so "tolerant" of Muslims and hateful of Christians. NONE. If you think we're bad people, just wait until your neighborhoods fill up with some refugees.

You people get what you deserve because of your own ignorance, unfortunately too many of you vote so the influx of muslims is coming more than likely.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesungod
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

As a half white-half Shoshone from WY, I am well aware of the "fundy" movement in CO.

Instead of running to Denver for pot maybe you should try getting outside your American bubble and travel outside the US like I just did for the last two years. Caling a ten hour drive through the farmland a spiritual growth. Please.

Hahahahaha
Easily the funniest response I have read here!

I was going to advise investing in a cd or mp3 player, they are alot more affordable these days.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
a reply to: Annee

There's no such thing as an atheist.

Atheists are just agnostics who won't admit they're agnostics.

Even if you're 99.9% sure there's nothing out there after you pass, you're still an agnostic.

I agree. I once got a proud self-acclaimed atheist to admit they are more agnostic. If we are going to go the intelligent open-minded route, we should all be "agnostic". There could be an earthly "god", or there may not be anything at all, we have no way of knowing until we die. Even then, those who die and come back and see the earthly "god", perhaps that is the world they made for themselves?? Not for everyone, just the self, tis not proof at all then.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   

I just think bad people are bad, they could be muslim, they could be Christian, they could be athiests...anyone.

Maybe its just bc I live in the western world but its very easy to spot a bigoted so-called wanna-be Christian these days, their hate and ignorance is profound and easy to call out.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: SisterDelirium

hello, you wrote:

"Edit to add: Regarding "truly believe your views are better" .... Look, everyone has to, at some point settle on some guiding principles and beliefs. There are no exceptions. It's impossible to be human and free from beliefs of one kind or another about you/your place in the world. And odds are, when you believe whatever thing, you won't think that thing is somehow of lesser merit than something else. If you thought it was less worthy you would probably opt for the more worthy thing. "

Not sure if I responded yet or not, but you should never believe that your own views are better than others. That is called bigotry and that is why many Christians do not know what that word means or even how to over come it. You should choose what views are best for yourself, not believe they are the best, better than the rest.
But yes, that is correct...if you thought another view is better, then you opt for that one, naturally, that goes without saying.

For example, if someone wants to live in a bus and travel the world rather than stay in one place and grow roots, that is not the best view for myself but I also cannot say that my views are better, they are just different...NOT BETTER.

You should always want what is best for yourself, NOT to be confused with thinking you are better or your views are better than others...beware of bigotry

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   

You think I don't understand. That doesn't mean I don't understand.
Why do you (or Christians or Muslims) have to make such a big stink about your beliefs?

I don't care to advertise my religion/spirituality anyway. Why must Christians do it? Why must muslims do it?

How about if everyone SHUTS UP about it! So don't feel so put-upon. I'm actually a Wiccan and an Episcopalian....a Unitarian Universalist and a Buddhist. I don't go around talking about it. It's between me and my conscience. (Well, I just now talked about it, but that's to make a point.) If I went round saying "I'm a witch!" to people, someone would want to pour acid down my throat, or burn me at the stake. Because they are ignorant about what "witches" are all about.

I think people who advertise and squawk about their religion are insecure, and use it as a shield. And a crutch. And a scape-goat. AND WORST OF ALL, a weapon.

edit on 9/30/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

PS - your scowling avy, your subtitle, your location, and your tone all reflect bigotry. To me. To my sensibilities. Not friendly openness or acceptance or empathetic understanding.

*shrug*

edit on 9/30/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: I'm also an empath - and I'm SICK of all of you negative types' negativity.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Not every Christian advertises thier beliefs, with that said, Tis the wanna-be "christians" who do so (also why they are so easy to spot) bc they are not secure or strong in thier beliefs.

Perhaps they feel threatened or perhaps they believe thier religion is the one and only (known as bigotry), but for one reason or another they have no real backbone or grounding and wish to push thier religion on others or get offended when one is not a "christian". These people are also the ones who get hateful and upset when thier own religion is not upheld in public schools or any public domain.

If you were strong in your beliefs then you would not feel "chipped away" or threatened by what others do or think.

Who are these "wannabe christians" to claim American and Family values, they don't even have faith in themselves.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Ay, yi, yi !! This is serious stuff.

WATCH: Trumpette Calls Trump 'God' and Says He Will Come Down to Help Us All

You gotta see it. But here's from the article

I've called this special breed of rabid Trump followers a cult before. Jonah Goldberg likes to refer to an Invasion of the Body Snatchers phenomenon of sorts. Whatever the genetic root of this bizarre, worshipful behavior, it's sad to see people being duped by the blonde carnival barker who is promising downtrodden Americans things he cannot deliver. They're the ones who will be hurt when they eventually snap out of this trance and realize that the idol they've created out of Trump is just a louder, more vulgar version of the very politicians they claim to despise. He's a mere mortal, not their savior. There's only one true God and Trump is not him.

And as if that's not bad enough, wait, there's more.....

Pentecostal Leaders Pray God Will Knock Clinton’s Chariot Wheels Off To Help ‘Anointed’ Trump

Charisma magazine and its affiliated online Charisma News are part of Steve Strang’s publishing empire, aimed at Pentecostal Christians who see American politics enveloped in constant spiritual warfare between believers and demons.

Wallnau said people should pray that God will intervene, perhaps during one of the debates, to unveil a Clinton medical problem or otherwise derail her candidacy: God is really involved with what’s happening right now. And I think if there was ever a time when the chariot wheels of Pharaoh come off, I think now, we ought to be praying that God speeds his path for His purposes because America cannot afford another 48 months of the destructive spiral that it’s in right now.

The last one is a mix of "religion" and conspiracy theory. We are an intellectually bankrupt culture now. There are no more truths, as truth has been deemed whatever someone says it is, causing confusion. And behind this confusion, when everyone one is kept guessing as to what a leader will do, that leader can do or say whatever he wants and get away with it. A leader can seem strong, when the guessing game is actually a cover for weakness. It worked for Putin in Russia, and it will work for Trump here. "Believe me!!" roars Trump. And his followers do.

top topics

<< 18  19  20   >>

join