It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Threatened to the Core - White Christians All in On Trump

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 02:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
a reply to: Annee

If you believe that, then you must really hate Islam.

A Christian nation allows FAR more rights and liberty than the majority of Islamic run countries, and it's generally not even close.

Why would I hate Islam?

Christian rights?

I live in a secular government.

America is not a Christian nation in its government.

At least it shouldn't be.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 03:52 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

In my opinion the left and the right are both characterised by either a masculine or feminine imbalance. Liberals by the latter and conservatives by the former.

Liberals want the state to be their mother and conservatives want the state to be their stern father figure.

My imbalance is skewed towards the masculine, something to work on.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Wait === that shreiking guy ---
he just said, "The only thing standing between tyranny and liberty is a Christian (pause), heterosexual (pause) man." Then after another pause he asked for an "Amen". No "Amen" provided, he said, "It's okay to say that, you know." lol!!

Loonatic

edit on 7/28/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   

I heard a story a couple weeks ago about Vashti McCollum and her Supreme Court fight to enforce the separation between public schools and religion. That was in 1948......Vashti McCollum vs Board of Education

She won.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   

What's with this constant attack on White Christmas?

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

I love white Christmases, they are the best!

But white Christians tend to be very bigoted and small-minded which attracts a lot of attention to themselves.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

I heard a story a couple weeks ago about Vashti McCollum and her Supreme Court fight to enforce the separation between public schools and religion. That was in 1948......Vashti McCollum vs Board of Education

She won.

Interesting.

Sadly the fight continues.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Attack on White Christmas? I dunno. I think it's an alright movie. The plot is a little cheesy and has a few plot holes but what do you expect for a movie made in the 50's that is also a musical?
edit on 28-7-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   

yes. Sadly, indeed. It takes centuries for stubborn notions to die.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I just want to also add this to my previous post:

There were windmills. Miles and miles of enormous windmills. That, at least, was a positive sign.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

I love white Christmases, they are the best!

But white Christians tend to be very bigoted and small-minded which attracts a lot of attention to themselves.

But stereotypes are bad and we shouldn't be racist, right?

Again, do people hear themselves?

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Isn't it funny how black or white, democrat or republican all Christians pray the same prayer.

Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
your kingdom come,
your will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us today our daily bread.
And forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Isn't it funny how black or white, democrat or republican all Christians pray the same prayer.

Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
your kingdom come,
your will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us today our daily bread.
And forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
In the last election of 2012 up to 15 million Christians did not vote and sat home. I sincerely doubt that they will make that mistake again.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: SisterDelirium

Bigoted and small-minded are valid adjectives to call people who are...well...bigoted and small-minded. It's like calling a turd stinky 😄

edit on 28-7-2016 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

From your link...

Christian America feels threatened to the core as their numbers, morality, fealty to authority, and privilege is ebbing and being replaced by a majority that’s more pluralistic, multicultural, tolerant and demographically ascendant.

Um.... most Christians easily follow ones notions and ideas which have nothing to do with Jesus, but fear. Trump is a smart salesman... he knows what he's doing. He knows fear, hate, intolerance of others is the way to the Christian heart.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I really don't feel like this thread is fair to American Christians. It is a rather good summary of conservative, white Christians who let their political ideology bleed into their religion, but there are many Christians in this country that this doesn't apply to. Liberal Christians for one. I'm sure Ted Cruz supporters don't feel this way about Trump either.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t
It is my hope that there are many more sensible, happy true Christians in this country than judgmental, hateful, small-minded "christians" that feel threatened bc not everyone around them has thier same beliefs. I am in the Bible Belt, so it doesn't look too good here 😞

edit on 28-7-2016 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

It's hard to get a pulse on what the majority thinks because the people most upset scream the loudest. Unfortunately due to the way human thinking works, we have a tendency to associate "loudest" with "majority". I'm still hoping that reason and logic will win out this November and Trump doesn't get elected. I don't even care if someone other than Hillary gets elected, but Trump is not fit to be President.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity
a reply to: SisterDelirium

Bigoted and small-minded are valid adjectives to call people who are...well...bigoted and small-minded. It's like calling a turd stinky 😄

Not every Christian is of the CBN 700 club, Republican, Focus on the Family caricature variety.

It's small minded and bigoted to assume one knows things about large groups of people based on one or two bits of information.

Your comments are every bit as disgusting as comments that paint any group with a broad brush for political reasons. Christians tend to be white bigots = blacks tend to be uneducated criminals = Jews tend to penny pinch = Mexicans are rapists = Muslim's are terrorists = etc...

Bias is bias. Just because certain forms of hateful language are celebrated in the present climate doesn't make it acceptable.

Based on the religion and ethnicity of a person, there's very little you can confidently assume about that person. Christians come from many walks of life, political affiliations and ethnic backgrounds. This idea of some white Christian cultural monolith is childishly simplistic.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join