It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Local activist files suit for access to exit polling data, Dead witness blocks path to truth

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
a reply to: MotherMayEye

That is indeed very interesting.

We have a lawsuit that was filed against a company regarding voter fraud and one of the potential Witnesses is murdered the day before the lawsuit is filed. Now, nearly a year later, the lawsuit has been dismissed.

I wonder what the reason for the dismissal was?

Great find btw!

Guess who the judge that dismissed the case, Judge Edmund A. Sargus, was appointed by.

Bill Clinton.....

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

This is the written opinion:

Link

I briefly looked up the 'nexus' test discussed in the opinion. I didn't get far before I was distracted by other election-related cases since Husted became Ohio's SOS. I was already aware of other cases, in Ohio, that preceded his term and, in general, the judges that hear election cases there are pretty liberal toward voters when applying the law.

Not in this case though. From what I read, the judge was pretty unforgiving...but I only skimmed through, at this point.

I am curious about this subscription fee that was at-issue. Wonder if it was enormously high because litigation costs are expensive, too.

Right now, I am kind of scratching my head about this case/Complaint.
edit on 22-5-2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Ah….THERE’S more to go with your comment. Hold on to your hat!

Note the Magistrate Judge that referred the case to Judge Edmund A. Sargus?

Magistrate Judge Terence P. Kemp:

Link

A look at his bio shows that he is a partner at Baker & Hostetler:

Link

*COUGH*

NOW…look at the attorney for the Defendant in this case, attorney Michael Farrell:

Link

Guess what…

HE IS A PARTNER AT BAKER AND HOSTETLER, TOO:

Link

That is an incredible conflict of interest, and Magistrate Judge Terence P. Kemp, had NO BUSINESS referring this case to any judge.

F*cked up, eh? What a mess.

ETA: See my follow up on magistrate judge referrals below.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Uh...I think this magistrate judge, Terence P. Kemp, is probably worthy of a post by himself:

Kasich’s “Prince Of Peace and Light” Halo Muddied In Federal Decision On LPO “Political Espionage” Case

SNIP:

A successful and expensive collaborative effort that orchestrated a clear path for Mr. Kasich to win reelection included a well-known Republican lawyer, the leader of The Ohio Republican Party [ORP] and a long-time friend and political operative.

Writing for the Federal District Court for the Southern District of Ohio Eastern Division, Magistrate Judge Terrence Kemp rejected on technical arguments assertions made by LPO counsel Mark Brown, that Gov. Kasich, long-time ally and political confidant Terry Casey, Matt Borges, Chairman of the Ohio Republican Party and John Zeiger, a well-known GOP attorney whose clients include The Columbus Dispatch, conspired to remove Mr. Earl from the ballot by engaging a so-called “guileless dupe” to make Gov. Kasich appear more popular than he is.

“The overall conduct of discovery in this case, especially on the part of Mr. Felsoci’s and Mr. Casey’s counsel, demonstrates a pattern of technical and begrudging responses and objections to discovery requests, which pattern was clearly designed to delay or obstruct the Plaintiffs’ ability to learn that the Ohio Republican Party [ORP] was involved in the effort to keep Libertarian Party candidates off the ballot,” Judge Kemp wrote in a 10-page decision released last Friday.

That's like the first thing I found about Kemp when Googling him.

Our federal courts are infected with corruption. I've thought that for a long time though.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

Ah….THERE’S more to go with your comment. Hold on to your hat!

Note the Magistrate Judge that referred the case to Judge Edmund A. Sargus?

Magistrate Judge Terence P. Kemp:

Link

A look at his bio shows that he is a partner at Baker & Hostetler:

Link

*COUGH*

NOW…look at the attorney for the Defendant in this case, attorney Michael Farrell:

Link

Guess what…

HE IS A PARTNER AT BAKER AND HOSTETLER, TOO:

Link

That is an incredible conflict of interest, and Magistrate Judge Terence P. Kemp, had NO BUSINESS referring this case to any judge.

F*cked up, eh? What a mess.

Methinks the noose is tightening....

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Unfortunately, I think we are helpless to the corruption in the federal court system. Between the attorneys and judges...it's a private club that the rest of us can't touch. They hold all the cards.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Ok....I believe I misunderstood what 'referred' meant as far as magistrate judges go. Believe it or not, this is not an easy thing to nail down regarding a federal civil case.

But here's a clue, I think:

(3) Upon entry of judgment in any case referred under paragraph (1) of this subsection, an aggrieved party may appeal directly to the appropriate United States court of appeals from the judgment of the magistrate judge in the same manner as an appeal from any other judgment of a district court. The consent of the parties allows a magistrate judge designated to exercise civil jurisdiction under paragraph (1) of this subsection to direct the entry of a judgment of the district court in accordance with the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure. Nothing in this paragraph shall be construed as a limitation of any party’s right to seek review by the Supreme Court of the United States.

Link

So...I am thinking the actual ORDER TO DISMISS and the OPINION were issued based on the magistrate's judgement garnered based on a referral....which is even MORE heinous considering he's a partner at the same firm as the Defendant attorney AND the order was in the Defendant's favor.

ETA: If anyone else has insight on a magistrate judge referral...I would appreciate hearing from you.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Very very shady, I say.

Is it possible this might be more important that the wikileaks lead?

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

Very very shady, I say.

Is it possible this might be more important that the wikileaks lead?

I don't know, but I don't want either lead to drop off the radar.

I have noticed a few ATSers point to the timing between these stories:

So, I think it should be noted that four days before both of them hit...this lawsuit was dismissed. The case was dismissed on a Thursday...and on Monday, the Wheeler story and Trump/Russia secrets stories hit. In my mind, that's worth mulling over, too.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join