It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democratic party official platform is now pro FRACKING, pro Monsanto, pro TPP, anti GMO labeling

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
There is no longer a two-party system it is now one big pro-corporation totalitarian political machine. Now that the Dems have sold out we have no one left to protect the consumer. We're screwed.

ETA: Why is Bernie supporting these monsters? They are everything he is against.

Wake up, America! Today's Democrat party is a party that is beholden to corporate interests and government totalitarianism. On top of that, Hillary Clinton is not just a war criminal but an environmental criminal, collecting over a hundred million dollars in "donations" so that international billionaires could rape and pillage the land by clear cutting rainforests or mining for uranium to produce nuclear weapons.

SOURCE

edit on 2016/7/26 by Metallicus because: eta

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I wish we had another source other than Natural News, I don't question the information but I know there is apprehension towards that name when I share it

Mike Adams doesn't have a great reputation in the Scientific Community from what I understand, but perhaps he can begin building a new track record outside of the field of science - trying to be optimistic here
edit on 26-7-2016 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Everything about the liberal stance suggests they should heavily pro-GMO labelling.

But they pick and choose when to take on various societal issues and when to back corporations.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Here's the Democratic Party Platform

Where's the support for fracking, Monsanto and against GMO labeling? Right. It's not there. That's because the Natural News piece is just a Clinton hit piece, not based on reality.
edit on 7/26/2016 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

I think Mike Adams is a good source and gets his bad reputation because of the fact he rails so hard against our corporate overlords. It doesn't hurt that he is a Libertarian so he is a man after my own heart.

edit on 2016/7/26 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Natural News... He he.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
I wish we had another source other than Natural News, I don't question the information...

You should. We should ALWAYS question the information news sources decide to share. If you don't, you're nothing more than a lemming, who believes everything he/she reads

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Here's the Democratic Party Platform

Where's the support for fracking, Monsanto and against GMO labeling? Right. It's not there. That's because the Natural News piece is just a Clinton hit piece, not based on reality.

Here is the liberal source referred to in the OP.

Common Dreams

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
Natural News... He he.

I provided a nice safe liberal source for you above. Hopefully that helps.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

In this particular instance I think the information is valid but Mike Adams has been accused of using sock puppet trickery to win votes for the Shorty Awards

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=21050308]Metallicus[/post
Dear Santa, I want it all, but who's going to pay for it. Not the Clinton Foundation.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   

It doesn't matter what the liberal source says either. What matters is what the ACTUAL platform says. I know you (and plenty of others) want the Bernie supporters to feel "betrayed" and "victims" of the process, but the vast majority of us Bernie supporters KNEW that he was going to endorse Clinton if he didn't win. No surprise, no betrayal.

Just because we support Bernie doesn't mean we "hate" Clinton, or that we feel "betrayed" because we didn't win... If we can't get what we wanted, MOST of us will take the second best option.

originally posted by: FamCore

In this particular instance I think the information is valid ...

What information? A title of a hit piece? Well, if you feel OK about that, without actually seeing what the platform says, that's your business. I prefer to be actually informed.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   

This information

Democrat party is a party that is beholden to corporate interests and government totalitarianism. On top of that, Hillary Clinton is not just a war criminal but an environmental criminal, collecting over a hundred million dollars in "donations" so that international billionaires could rape and pillage the land by clear cutting rainforests or mining for uranium to produce nuclear weapons.

Which was echoed in many other sources I've come across way before I ever came across this thread (some of which can be found below)

www.nybooks.com...

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   

I am so glad I found this site. It's fascinating to find other people who see things clearly.

Politics is nothing but what the corporations are paying for anymore.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   
She's flip-flopped so many time on the TPP, she now states it's on the back burner. She promoted it to the whole world, endorsed it before the whole world. TPP:

"I waited until (the Trans-Pacific Partnership trade agreement) had actually been negotiated" before deciding whether to endorse it.

— Hillary Clinton on Thursday, February 4th, 2016 in comments during the New Hampshire Democratic debate
Hillary Clinton says she didn't endorse the TPP trade deal until it was actually negotiated By C. Eugene Emery Jr. on Friday, February 5th, 2016 at 12:17 a.m.
***SNIP***
Speaking in Australia in 2012, Clinton hailed the deal as "setting the gold standard."

"This TPP sets the gold standard in trade agreements to open free, transparent, fair trade, the kind of environment that has the rule of law and a level playing field," Clinton said. "And when negotiated, this agreement will cover 40 percent of the world's total trade and build in strong protections for workers and the environment."

Strong words for a deal that hadn't been completed yet. But it wasn’t just on that one occasion that Clinton was more than just hopeful about the deal’s impact.

She declared in November 2012 remarks in Singapore that it would "lower barriers, raise standards, and drive long-term growth across the region.

"It will cover 40 percent of the world's total trade and establish strong protections for workers and the environment. Better jobs with higher wages and safer working conditions, including for women, migrant workers and others too often in the past excluded from the formal economy will help build Asia's middle class and rebalance the global economy."
www.politifact.com...

GMO, she has suggested they changed their 'wording' so people will be more accepting of it and it won't raise red flags:

Hillary Clinton’s Support for GMOs Confirmed by Gates Foundation
Posted on Feb 6 2016 - 10:15pm by Sustainable Pulse

On Friday it was revealed that the global GMO promoters Cornell Alliance for Science, funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, are giving Hillary Clinton as an example of one of the ‘powerful people‘ who supports GMOs and the Biotech industry worldwide.

Hillary Clinton, who is currently in a race with anti-GMO Senator Bernie Sanders to become the Democratic Party’s Presidential candidate, is coming under increasing pressure following a series of revelations regarding her ties to Monsanto and the Biotech Industry.

This latest blow to Clinton’s campaign was revealed on Friday when she was quoted on the Cornell Alliance for Science website as saying: “I stand in favor of using seeds and products that have a proven track record. There is a big gap between what the facts are and what the perceptions are.”

In 2014, Hillary Clinton received a $335,000 “speaking fee” for giving the keynote address to one of Monsanto’s main GMO lobbying front groups, Biotechnology International Organization (BIO), to help the industry address consumer fears over GMOs. Dave Murphy, Founder of Food Democracy Now!, stated; “This is an outrage! $21 Million for speeches to the big banks etc.. revealed on CNN today, of which at least $335,000 from Monsanto and friends?”

According to an Organic Consumers Association report on the keynote address, Hillary Clinton received a “standing ovation” for her encouraging advice on how to get more people to like GMOs.
sustainablepulse.com...

Fracking:

Clinton clearly supported the practice as secretary of state. Her special envoy for international energy affairs launched the Global Shale Gas Initiative encouraging other countries to explore shale as an energy source.

An in-depth investigation by progressive magazine Mother Jones said that Clinton’s support of fracking was "part of a broader push to fight climate change, boost global energy supply, and undercut the power of adversaries such as Russia that use their energy resources as a cudgel."

We found instances of Clinton and the State Department talking up fracking to Latin America, the European Union, Poland, Lithuania, Latvia, Bulgaria, Pakistan, China and India.

"The United States will promote the use of shale gas. Now, I know that in some places is controversial. But natural gas is the cleanest fossil fuel available for power generation today, and a number of countries in the Americas may have shale gas resources," Clinton said in a 2009 speech to the Inter-American Development Bank.

After Clinton left the State Department in 2013, she continued to support fracking but repeatedly called for "smart regulations" in speeches and in her book, Hard Choices.
www.politifact.com...

When the Democratic party backs a candidate, it's common to support their stances on issues. Since Clinton changes her stance on these issues like she changes underwear, saying what she thinks her base wants to hear only so she can get elected, it's hard to tell where she stands on anything. When she has these big agencies in her back pocket, or her in there's, it's hard to deny she and the Democratic party aren't for them.

Anyone stating she/they aren't for the above is wearing blinders.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   

I hate to defend Hilary, but ya...this source sucks.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: stolencar18

I hate to defend Hilary, but ya...this source sucks.

Yeah, but the one above your post is pretty damning. Those three links paint a pretty clear picture of same ole same ole Hillary BS and double speak. She tells everyone what they want to hear to get votes and then does whatever legal or illegal thing that will be self-enriching.

She's a vile cancer on society.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 02:02 AM
link   
It's always interesting to see people "ignore the message, and shoot the messenger" when they don't like what the messenger is saying.

It's about as useful as burying ones head in the sand.

Most of these same people have the an extreme hate for the Bush family, but the Clinton's are saints by comparison and rose-colored eye-pieces.

When will you all realize that it doesn't matter who you vote for, as long as your voting for establishment people, you are playing THEIR game with THEIR pieces.

YOU can't win by playing their game, with their pieces, on their board. It's all rigged in their favor.

But sure, let Clinton win, it'll be all rainbow and kittens, after all, she's going to continue all the same things Obama has been doing, just with renewed strength..

Just remember, the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

join