It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Highlander - Reboot and the rules

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   

I remember a fantastic film in my younger years called Highlander, it was an epic adventure in a modern era.. And to my enjoyment i heard about a reboot of the classic franchise..

The Immortals do not live as a united people on a territory of their own, but are scattered around the world and across history. The only bond between them are oral traditions called the Rules transmitted from teacher to student.[4] The creator of the Rules is unknown. The Rules are never enumerated, like a body of laws, but they are quoted according to the circumstances. They are taught to newborn Immortals by Immortal mentors called First Teachers (see below). The main Rules are:

-No Immortal may fight on Holy Ground, no matter who regards it as Holy

-Immortal combat is one on one only — no outside interference

-Mortals must not learn about Immortals — if you are killed, you move on

-When only a few are left, all Immortals will feel drawn to a distant land, to fight for the Prize — this is the time of the Gathering

-In the end, there can be only one — the last one will receive all the power of all the Immortals who ever lived

I cant wait to watch again!
edit on 2016726 by tikbalang because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I was more a fan of the long running TV series then I was the movies..
Sort of amazing the got 6 years out of the same plot line .

Regardless Im in for a reboot.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
People should just leave Highlander alone.

After Highlander 2 (Ziest, really?)

Endgame

And the death nail in highlanders coffin, the Source.

R.i.P Highlander.

Don't want any zombie version of this franchise.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Black_Fox

Maybe they gonna chase some pokemons! There can only be one!

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Black_Fox
People should just leave Highlander alone.

Yeah, the first movie told enough story to be unique in it's own right.

The second movie was an absolute joke and the third movie just couldn't apologise enough for the second movie.

The TV trash is just mass produced drivvel using existing storylines and lame acting and direction imo.

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!
edit on 26/7/2016 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I just googled "highander reboot," and all I came away with was a warning not to hold my breath.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Cohen the Barbarian

I think I read in Empire that it's not so much a reboot coming up - but a special edition bluray release. Definitely gonna get it

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cohen the Barbarian
I just googled "highander reboot," and all I came away with was a warning not to hold my breath.

"As far as I know… I’ve been working on this movie for quite a while. I’m still involved in it, very much so. In fact, I just talked about it yesterday with Lionsgate. You know, there are going to be some surprises there, for sure. I’m going to say that it’s very close to the original story, but there will be surprises. The characters you love in the first movie are back. There are definitely some changes, for sure." Nicholas Troyan

We haven’t heard any real news about the Highlander reboot since over a year ago. Guardians of the Galaxy‘s Dave Bautista was rumored for the lead villain role, Immortal Kurgan, played by Clancy Brown in the original Highlander. Perhaps it was nothing more than a rumor or a deal was never struck.

Currently no actors that we know of are attached to the film, but according to Nicolas-Troyan, this Highlander reboot, which we’ve been writing about since 2008, is still alive.

Link

It took a long time to get Wonder Woman off the ground too, but now it's set for release in 2017
edit on 7/26/2016 by Klassified because: spacing

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Heather: Don't see me, Connor - let me die in peace. Where are we?
Connor MacLeod: We're in the Highlands, where else? Running down a mountainside. The sun is shining. It's not cold. You've got your sheepskins on, and the boots I made for you. Good night, my bonny Heather.

Kate MacLeod: Stealing's wrong. Lying's wrong. Killing's wrong. What you did goes well beyond wrong.
Duncan MacLeod: Fine I deserve that but I want a chance to make it right.
Kate MacLeod: You want to make it right? Then give me back the ability to have children, to grow old with the man I love. How about anything that resembles a normal life? And you took it all away from me.

You're tugging at my heart strings in more than one way with this.

I hope they do it and give it the proper "justice" it deserves.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Just gonna leave this here.

Bit of advice to film makers, when you make a movie who's whole premise is "There can be only one," and someone becomes "the one" and gets all the power of the universe, there's no point in making sequels. They're going to suck because you're taking your own premise and throwing it in the garbage.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   
This thread ruined it for me. Went and looked at pics of his wife in the movie. Beatie Edney. Movie would not have worked if they went with the reality of morbid obesity in old age. Gross. She was smoking in the movie though.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

Oh, please, no! The original is a classic, and does NOT need a remake. The second, well, the renegade version was more tolerable (no zeist), but still. After that, they really should have stopped. No remake. I will not go. There can be only one!

As for the series, that's a sore point with me and a lot of fans. I liked it, for a while, then they did something really stupid and unforgivable, and killed it. Season 6, you might as well not even bother watching. Seriously. They could have given us a Methos series, which everyone would have LOVED< but no! What did we get? A joke, that's what. If they want me, they do Methos, and with the original for that. Oh, wait, can't, it's been too long!

They blew it.

Don't even get e started on the movie they did last. Doesn't even count in my book!!!

top topics

join