It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remember when...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

not until next year i believe. (seriously)

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Remember when....

Yes, yes I do..

Do yo remember when ;

You and your friends could grab a hammer and some nails,and plywood you "found" and make a fort in the abandoned lot...

Parents felt safe letting the children roam the neighborhood in hordes on their bikes until the street lights came on(dinners ready).

It was not risk of injury to a minor and you would not make local news if you let your kid walk to the park with his friend

Latchkey kids were not considered neglected

When you were at a party at [insert local isolated dead end here] and the cops showed up and drank a beer with you and wishes you luck in Sundays game before shrugging how some people have nothing else to do but call this crap in...

Yes...

Yes I do..

And Im glad I don't have any children growing up in todays society...

God bless all of you responsible parents who are trying!

~meathead

edit on 26-7-2016 by Mike Stivic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I remember when pot really wasnt chased after by cops, kids at 18 could buy and drink, vote...and die for your "country's freedom" 8,000 miles away in some 110 degree jungle hell.

So many kids at 18 were getting killed in drunk driving accidents, the laws were changed to 21. I think it was lowered to 18 because of the draft...if one could die at 18 fighting...you could drink in a park at a table.*

*I grew up in HInes Parkway, my school on the hill the other side, our football field down in it. It was a 14 miles long straight drive through of pull-overs to party. Until kids started getting killed driving....
edit on 26-7-2016 by mysterioustranger because: fat finger fumbling

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

You can be served alcohol in Wisconsin at 15 as long as you're partying with your parents...

which is something most kids should never want to do anyway.

edit on 26-7-2016 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
a reply to: kaylaluv

You can be served alcohol in Wisconsin at 15 as long as you're partying with your parents...

which is something most kids should never want to do anyway.

When my step-son and step-daughter were about 16, my husband let them drink a beer or a glass of wine with us at the dinner table when they were visiting us for the weekend. They weren't going anywhere - they were at home with us. I have no problem with that. It's letting them go buy booze on their own and go off drinking on their own that can be a real problem, as statistics show.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join