It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Brother IS watching

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Wasn't sure if this is the spot for this but I figure that if anyone questions it we (the public) will be told it is being done because of terrorism so decided to put it here. Mod's if you don't agree please feel free to put it in the correct area.

Thursday night on Primetime (ABC) Petter Jennings will be doing a report titled "No Place to Hide" It is listed as an examination of the problems associated with technology and intelligence-gathering in a post Sept 11 world and the effects on freedom and national security. It will include a look at surveillance techniques and companies that conduct background checks.

Saw a preview of it on Good Morning America today and Peter Jennings was talking about how people don't realize how much information is gathered on us daily.

[edit on 19-1-2005 by justme1640]

[edit on 19-1-2005 by justme1640]

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 11:53 AM
link   
not only is big brother watching but the are training us to watch each other, report our pot smoking neighbors, and keep an eye out for "suspected terrorists" in our daily lives.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   
It could turn into a witch hunt. All the cameras and programs have to be the right thing to do. Right? And for a little proof of that, we'll offer up the weird guy down the street as a subversive. I just heard something of the like the other day.
On a slightly different tact, cameras were put up in my workplace after 9-11 that are largely trained on the workers . Well, we sadly haven't caught any of Osama's boys yet but we do have self appointed detectives in training watching everyone's coming and goings to try to 'catch' something(anyone can pick the cameras up on the computer network). -yeesh. Is this what we're to become? Don't we have enough prosecutors and lawyers?

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Did anyone see the program -- we ended up with a house full of people and I forgot all about it.

jm

new topics

top topics

join